2020 Academy Awards - No Willem Dafoe The Lighthouse nom

Fucker

Log Wizard
Gotcha, I hadn't seen anyone but Adebisi Adebisi actually try and watch most of the Best Picture candidates and rank them, and he had Parasite pretty high on his list. So you think his ranking was shit, got it.

It's a made for DVD type of Korean movie with no real acting, it looks like it was shot with a homecam, and the story is shallow and juvenile at best. This is the Oscars, though....where garbage like Black Panther can score three awards.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a made for DVD type of Korean movie with no real acting, it looks like it was shot with a homecam, and the story is shallow and juvenile at best. This is the Oscars, though....where garbage like Black Panther can score three awards.

music and costume stuff not exactly the same as winning Best Picture, though.

Merrith

Are you trolling or just plain stupid?

Trolling you a little bit regarding Parasite, most people thought it was quite good.

Comparing it to Black Panther's wins is a bit ridiculous, given the actual categories each won. Smarten up, fucker.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Gf and I had just gotten home and she saw something online about Brad Pitt's win and so she wanted to tune in to catch the rest. Alas, I had cut the cord and couldn't be bothered enough to find easy to find stream. Get it right networks.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean Parasite was good. I didn't think it was amazing, but honestly I don't think any of the movies really were. It was a year with a bunch of good movies without any actual stand outs.

Merrith

They need a good host and they need to get off their high horse and end this preaching.

Not sure a good host would help all that much. It's still a long show but it at least felt like they weren't dragging it out with how they seemed to be banging out the awards compared to previous years I had watched. I guess a really good host would be funny/entertaining enough to kill some minutes, but I'd rather they just knock it all out quicker.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wakandan u ignant

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
What I took away from the Oscars was two things. Brad Pitt further cemented John Bolton as a Democrat ally in the minds of the vapid, and the honest trailers live stream crew had a commentator that looks and sounds like miss piggy IRL.

All in all, a successful night for hollywood.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

I agree. I didn't care for Parasite at all. I mean I wasn't bored, but I didn't find it to be some amazing movie. The plot had that very cheesy foreign feel where they try to make it impactful but it wasn't.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I thought Parasite was excellent. I've seen 6 of the 9 nominees (missing 1917, FvF and little women) and to me Joker and Parasite stood tall above the rest. It felt tense and realistic, like wedding story except wedding story was a little inconsistent and boring at times.. With Parasite I was gripped the whole way through. It was dark and unpredictable after the setup.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I mean, I might be of the few; but it is a long time coming for Bong Joon-ho. Easily one of the top 3 great Korean film director. The Host is still one of my favorites despite a lot of internal critiques and themes on Korea and Okja was solid.

The concept for 'han' isn't for everybody, but definitely exciting despite haven't watched or cared for any oscars since slumdog for no particular reason.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what a sad little fuck-weed. He could even stand behind his words and went on to change the diarrhea he wrote

EQbvW5YWAAEyGoB.jpg large.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users