(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else want to play this but refusing until they beat AC:Odyssey?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m enjoying this so far. It’s not game of the year material, but it’s loads of fun with what seems to be plenty of content. It feels and plays like an upgraded version of Odyssey. If you liked Odyssey, I suspect you’ll find this enjoyable too.

I know they tried to make the side quests feel more natural in this game. So far, they’ve done a decent job. I’ve been searching out all of the side quests out of curiosity, which is not something I did in Odyssey. The side quests feel like RDR2 side quests to me.

I spent 6 hours playing last night, and I haven’t made it out of Norway. There’s only been one (very minor) animus interruption, but I suspect that’s about to change.

The only thing I miss from Odyssey is Kassandra. She’s the best AC protagonist yet.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So finally get to sit down to play an extended session, new issue is the game literally kills the GPU signal, monitor doesn't detect anything. WTF did they do since Odyssey that would fuck it up so badly, never had a single issue last 2 games. Played quite a few hours of Odyssey just last week

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I jumped off a mountain last night after synchronizing and almost died and I was like "wait...wtf?" :emoji_sweat_smile:
One of the few things that bug the shit out of me. Climb up some place really high and you have to climb back down safely. Little QoL feature that some of them are missing. Realism? Ok, sure. When was any of that real? ha

So finally get to sit down to play an extended session, new issue is the game literally kills the GPU signal, monitor doesn't detect anything. WTF did they do since Odyssey that would fuck it up so badly, never had a single issue last 2 games. Played quite a few hours of Odyssey just last week

My session ended when the game just took a shat and shut down on me. But to be fair, I did it dirty last night and had played for hours and hours.

Like all AC games, I get side tracked to do a mission and then I get side tracked from that mission by a side mission that I get side tracked by another mission. But I'm enjoying it so far lol. Could just the be the old white man in my talking, but the only thing I could do without is still the Animus. More so this game because I dont want to play some drug riddled middle eastern dyke when out of the animus, or inside of the animus for the clue puzzles. God that bitch is so f'n ugly, and I usually like Persian women.

Oh, and I wish you could just see the gd Skill Map. Bugs the shit out of me I have to switch to google to see where Im going.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Live feed of jooka jooka computer

1605117505828.gif

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Malkav

French Madman
I jumped off a mountain last night after synchronizing and almost died and I was like "wait...wtf?" :emoji_sweat_smile:

One of the few things that bug the shit out of me. Climb up some place really high and you have to climb back down safely. Little QoL feature that some of them are missing. Realism? Ok, sure. When was any of that real? ha

You know there is a skill called Break Fall in the Raven tree that negates most of the fall damage right?

• 1Like

Daidraco

You know there is a skill called Break Fall in the Raven tree that negates most of the fall damage right?
Nope. Ill have to "Google it" and see where it is in the tree so I can build towards it if I deem it that necessary. (salty about that still) But thanks hehe

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wouldn't you have to buy it on both though? By simply having a Cross-save on Ubisoft Connect, that will entitle you to download the game on Ps5 or XSX and continue playing there?
Crap I didn't think about that. I mentioned he would have to pay for both on PC and PS5 but didn't think if he had a PS4 it would be cheaper. The plus is you can play on pc for only 14.95 and it gives you access to a ton of UBI games. However you do get the free download on PS5 or XSX if you bought it originally for PS4 or current Xbox. It never crossed my mind. Sorry Utnayan, you could have just bought it for old console, played and then got free upgrade on PS5 and continued your save. If you still had your PS4.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok googled and found an alternate control scheme that works like odyssey but you have to do it yourself. Interchange Xbox control buttons to dual shock if you are on PlayStation.

Ignore the error messages. :)

Malkav

French Madman
Nope. Ill have to "Google it" and see where it is in the tree so I can build towards it if I deem it that necessary. (salty about that still) But thanks hehe

Yeah it's kinda ass that the tree is completely hidden. You don't even know what you are building toward unless you look it up.

Daidraco

Kudos to the designers for putting Vipers in jars. Fighting a Templar, trying to kite-ish? Go down an alley, get knocked down before I get high enough out of it - start to fight him, as Im rolling around, I break several jars - Templar and three Vipers fk me up. Good times lol

• 1Worf

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had a few bugs as well in the first few hours - the sound bug though is by far the worst, and the mixing and implementation is putrid. Every time I use my wireless headphones it stutters every minute or so. Speakers and it's fine. There is just zero depth to the sound in this game and it's pretty jarring as there doesn't seem to be any weight behind anything you do.

Like I posted in the WD Legion thread - fucking ubisoft man. Janky mother fuckers.
The bluetooth issue is absurd I completely agree. Is it effecting PS4 users as well? I know Xbox one doesn't use bluetooth. It is so janky of Ubisoft to basically deny people on pc the use of wireless controllers or headsets.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok googled and found an alternate control scheme that works like odyssey but you have to do it yourself. Interchange Xbox control buttons to dual shock if you are on PlayStation.

Ignore the error messages. :)
yeah, the default control scheme is TERRIBLE. i don't know why they changed it from odyssey. i tried to go by the default but i just couldn't keep it together. i changed it basically to that, but the only problem is that when you pick something up, like a body or a jar or box or something, you can't throw it. you can drop it, set it down or aim, but when you aim, no matter what button you press you can't throw.

it's not gamebreaking by any means... but there's a "mystery" sidequest in norway where some dude wants help throwing his belongings off a cliff and i had to reset the controls in order to help him.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The bluetooth issue is absurd I completely agree. Is it effecting PS4 users as well? I know Xbox one doesn't use bluetooth. It is so janky of Ubisoft to basically deny people on pc the use of wireless controllers or headsets.
I've been using a wireless Xbone controller (which is Bluetooth, I think non-BT was just from before they released the X1S and X1X?) for like 8-9 hours so with no issues at all.

Other than minor annoyances with the control scheme I haven't had any bugs or crashes at all, which is nice after what a shitshow Watch Dogs was. But again, it's an AMD-optimized game and I'm using Ryzen 3600 + Radeon 5700XT.

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been using a wireless Xbone controller (which is Bluetooth, I think non-BT was just from before they released the X1S and X1X?) for like 8-9 hours so with no issues at all.

Other than minor annoyances with the control scheme I haven't had any bugs or crashes at all, which is nice after what a shitshow Watch Dogs was. But again, it's an AMD-optimized game and I'm using Ryzen 3600 + Radeon 5700XT.
I wonder if AMD gear is the difference because I have to keep my controller connected. If I don't it goes completely haywire.

Edit: I have an xbox wireless controller that connects through bluetooth to my pc. I thought Xbox had its own proprietary xbox wireless way it connects between the console and controller. It is probably from older info like you mentioned.

Last edited: