(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I hate the chase the tattoo in the wind. They need to cut that shot out next game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hate the chase the tattoo in the wind. They need to cut that shot out next game.
In Black Flag it was the music note which represented the songs your crew could sing while sailing. I don't know why they think this is a good idea.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of songs, I really wish the songs in the longboat were randomized when starting.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thank you for the incendiary bomb tip. Much appreciated.

BOYYY LET ME TELL YOU - Mythical Yngling Seax in primary hand and Mythical Kopis in off hand with stun tunes in and skills upgraded for those weapons... rape. Just rape.

Thought I was almost done with this game - then I got two more territories after Fulke. Even then, I’m working on the first and it’s not connected to the story either (yet) so I’m not sure where the game ends. But it’s soon, my Order page is almost all red except for a few Templar’s I haven’t seen and “The Father”.
As a side note - skill tree is very in your face up to about 200. I’m at 287 now and honestly, I just wish i would cap out on levels so I stop having the number of available points on my screen. Hope 300 is it. Enemies barely bother me now, so .. it’s more about story and collection.
I’ve rarely done the mystery quests. Quit doing the chase the tattoo shit right after completing the first one.

• 2Like

Daidraco

The ending is a complete let down. Like.. it just quietly dies in a corner. No big surprise. No big anything. A little upset that I liked this game as much as I did from the beginning to early middle and devoted myself towards playing it till the end. In retrospect, I have a lot of gripes and quite honestly.. this guys review, which is really popular right now.. hits on just about all of them.

At its base, the game has its high points. I think the Viking thing really had me going just because I love that setting so much. I still recommend playing it, but only through like Ubisoft's monthly subscription service.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I have spent so much time as Odin practically forgot about the rest of the game.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have spent so much time as Odin practically forgot about the rest of the game.
Hey shitfuck, that sure sounds like a spoiler for those of us that have 2 year olds and can only play for 12 minutes a night.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hey shitfuck, that sure sounds like a spoiler for those of us that have 2 year olds and can only play for 12 minutes a night.
that's a spoiler the same way that saying you go to london in this game is a spoiler. it's definitely telling you something about the game, but it doesn't really spoil... much of anything, really. that part he's talking about? i played that part for like 3 hours before i realized i was playing as odin.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Well I'll spare you the time, Dumbledore kills Fenrir
This is fucking bullshit.....
1605630533258.png

• 1Truth!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well this is bullshit. Killed an elite that is supposed to drop an ingot, and this is where his corpse ends up. Unlootable.
D94D8411-CE25-41F5-AB3D-9E028CB4042D.jpeg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Well this is bullshit. Killed an elite that is supposed to drop an ingot, and this is where his corpse ends up. Unlootable.
View attachment 318185
That's happened to me once. I've also had at least 4 instances where a door or chest during a raid didn't actually open after using "Force open" with another raider. Animation seems like it goes through 80%, then just snaps back to a starting position. Have had to re-load my save and go back in to open it up.

Daidraco

A simple load/save wont always fix the issue either. Some bugs have required a complete restart to get them to fix themselves. I didnt encounter many of these bugs till the absolute end where there was obviously very little play testing. There is currently a bug that stops you in your tracks in the story for this patch, but not the previous patch. But I was past it apparently, just experienced a different bug in the same area.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 318185
doesn't really help at all, i know, but the auto-loot skill will completely avoid that in the future.

for what it's worth i THINK that those guys will respawn. there's a spot where a rival dane clan is holed up in a broken down castle and one of the big burly dudes has some treasure. i went exploring and found it before i had to go there for a quest and looted him right away. then when the quest sent me there, i killed him and he gave me another ingot. then the quest has you escape out of there but the guards reset and i killed and looted him again. it was kind of silly.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
If you weren't able to loot it, it shouldn't count as collected so when the enemy respawns he will have the ingot.

All ingot-dropping NPCs do respawn again with loot after all wealth for the area has been collected, so you can farm more nickel + tungsten + titanium in the end. I think you need to fast travel 3 times to reset an area.

Hopefully there's a bug fix patch coming, lots of little annoyances but in particular - I got cucked out of 5 skill points in
Jotunheim
because there's a destructible hanging crate with a key in it that when it falls, the key does not follow. Which is probably some PC-specific game engine bullshit, but I tried dropping my frame limit and it still stayed in the air. Wouldn't be a problem if you could just tap to collect keys instead of having to hold the button. Whoever decided to make most things tap-to-loot and important things hold-to-loot (while having to look directly at the object) should be euthanized.

20201114011204.jpg

Game is gorgeous but doesn't run very well compared to other AAA titles (between 60-90 fps Ultra at 1440p on a 3080 - first world problems).
Here's a dual 1440p Windows XP-inspired background from the stone circle in Oxwhateverthefuckscire.

Left
oshire-left.jpg

Right
oshire-right.jpg

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you weren't able to loot it, it shouldn't count as collected so when the enemy respawns he will have the ingot.

All ingot-dropping NPCs do respawn again with loot after all wealth for the area has been collected, so you can farm more nickel + tungsten + titanium in the end. I think you need to fast travel 3 times to reset an area.

Hopefully there's a bug fix patch coming, lots of little annoyances but in particular - I got cucked out of 5 skill points in Jotunheim because there's a destructible hanging crate with a key in it that when it falls, the key does not follow. Which is probably some PC-specific game engine bullshit, but I tried dropping my frame limit and it still stayed in the air. Wouldn't be a problem if you could just tap to collect keys instead of having to hold the button. Whoever decided to make most things tap-to-loot and important things hold-to-loot (while having to look directly at the object) should be euthanized.

View attachment 318199

Game is gorgeous but doesn't run very well compared to other AAA titles (between 60-90 fps at 1440p on a 3080 - first world problems).
Here's a dual 1440p Windows XP-inspired background from the stone circle in Oxwhateverthefuckscire.

Left
View attachment 318200

Right
View attachment 318201
Can't you change the delay on the hold to whatever stuff? I changed mine from 1000ms to 500ms before I even started playing the game. Change it to 1?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Hopefully there's a bug fix patch coming, lots of little annoyances but in particular - I got cucked out of 5 skill points in
Jotunheim
because there's a destructible hanging crate with a key in it that when it falls, the key does not follow. Which is probably some PC-specific game engine bullshit, but I tried dropping my frame limit and it still stayed in the air. Wouldn't be a problem if you could just tap to collect keys instead of having to hold the button. Whoever decided to make most things tap-to-loot and important things hold-to-loot (while having to look directly at the object) should be euthanized.

View attachment 318199

Game is gorgeous but doesn't run very well compared to other AAA titles (between 60-90 fps Ultra at 1440p on a 3080 - first world problems).

Left
View attachment 318200

Right
View attachment 318201
If they dont respawn until all of the wealth is collected, won’t he never respawn because he has one of the health for the region?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
The enemies always respawn regardless, but they only respawn with duplicates once all wealth has been collected. I guess to avoid double-counting. Since it hasn't been counted yet (the icon is still on the map), then all you have to do is travel enough times to respawn the area to (try to) loot it the first time.

Can't you change the delay on the hold to whatever stuff? I changed mine from 1000ms to 500ms before I even started playing the game. Change it to 1?

Edit: Looks like that's only for menu holds.