(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
doesn't really help at all, i know, but the auto-loot skill will completely avoid that in the future.

Where is this? I need this so bad, looting is annoying in this title for whatever reason.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Where is this? I need this so bad, looting is annoying in this title for whatever reason.

Bottom of the stealth section of the skill map. It supposedly only picks up loot from melee kills, but seems to catch ranged kills sometimes when the body falls into strange places.
skills-ac-v.PNG

• 3Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Its such a non issue, but it bothers me to no end that the wolf is considered ranged, and the Raven is stealth. I mean I get why Raven is stealth but it makes way more sense as ranged since... You know the whole job of the Raven is to see things from range...

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
The whole skill map is a bit janky, there's range damage in the melee tree and heavy melee damage in the ranged, assassination damage throughout (the fuck does that even do once you have Advanced Assassination?). The gameplay is a lot better once you're 150-200 points deep because before that you're just wandering around in the fog picking up nonsense nodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

The whole skill map is a bit janky, there's range damage in the melee tree and heavy melee damage in the ranged, assassination damage throughout (the fuck does that even do once you have Advanced Assassination?). The gameplay is a lot better once you're 150-200 points deep because before that you're just wandering around in the fog picking up nonsense nodes.
yeah i don't get the assassination damage nodes AT ALL. either you outright kill weaker enemies or you do half-ish damage to stronger enemies (or outright kill with advanced assassination). on paper it looks like it functions just like how assassinations worked in odyssey, except they don't work like that at all.

to be honest, the more thought i put into it, the more ALL the nodes (minus the new skill nodes) feel like they don't actually do anything. i'm at like 160 or so, and i put the VAST majority of my points into the bear tree but it doesn't actually feel like my damage has really changed at all since the beginning. i'm guessing that has to do with the enemies increasing in armor at the same rate that i'm increasing in melee damage, so it just evens out, but it doesn't feel like i've gotten any stronger outside of getting the skills like the time slow on dodge, and dual wielding 2 handers, etc.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Prime members, there's an ACV Carolingian item pack up on Prime Gaming now. Comes with a spear, light shield, full set of armor (bear), full set of longship cosmetics, horse skin, and pigeon skin for the raven. Kind of cheatery since all the gear starts at mythical tier (4/10 on weapons, hood is 2/10 and rest of armor is 1/10). All the stuff looks really good too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Welp, I know where I am going now since the majority of these skills matter when you out level an area. Straight to Autoloot.

Vorph

Welp, I know where I am going now since the majority of these skills matter when you out level an area. Straight to Autoloot.
Autoloot and Grit are really the only two skills that matter. Heavy Dual Wield if you really want to go with that style, but personally I think dual 1H weapons are so good there's really no point. Beyond that I just try to pick up as many stun, raw melee damage, and bear/wolf/raven (depending on what armor set you like) nodes as I can.

There's one thing Heavy DW is worth keeping around for though, and that's "fishing". The actual fishing minigame is complete ass, but there's spots where you can go hip wading with two spears and easily kill every fish in the area. Autoloot is a must-have there too, since it didn't seem like I could loot the fish I killed with melee without it.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Rofl Xbox, worse controller, no exclusives and a game that you have marketing for performs up to 15% worse than a less powerful PS5. Dumb fucks

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Are all of the side quest mystery things some kind of weird sex roleplay stuff? I've only started 3 of them so far and they were all that way. I literally restarted the PS4 last night after running into some roleplaying lady in a tower that sounded like a screeching harpy. I could still hear her voice from 150m away and figured the sound was bugged.

First side quest since I've posted this (have been doing raids and main quest), and its a woman in a cage that wanted viper eggs so she could eat them and rip a giant fart. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Prime members, there's an ACV Carolingian item pack up on Prime Gaming now. Comes with a spear, light shield, full set of armor (bear), full set of longship cosmetics, horse skin, and pigeon skin for the raven. Kind of cheatery since all the gear starts at mythical tier (4/10 on weapons, hood is 2/10 and rest of armor is 1/10). All the stuff looks really good too.
Thanks for this, good looking out.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its wild how even though I ignored 90% of the "mystery" quests in this game, I still somehow ended up doing all the most popular ones like that one. Good placement maybe? hehe

The last one I did, I untied this chick with notes everywhere saying not to. She thanks me, then follows me around the country side talking about my fights etc until I just paid her to leave me tf alone. Like.. how is this... what?..

• 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Video didn’t even show that if you go topside after there’s a group of people that are escaping a toxic cloud.

It’s pretty retarded that most of the mysteries are just complete nonsense like that. Occasionally would be OK, but it’s like 75%. One near the beginning where a husband can’t get his duck hard to bone his wife like when they were raiders, so they have you smash up his house and then burn it down with them inside.

Good thing about them is they usually don’t make you leave the immediate area, so once you are at them they don’t take more than a minute to complete.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Rofl Xbox, worse controller, no exclusives and a game that you have marketing for performs up to 15% worse than a less powerful PS5. Dumb fucks

Pretty sure the console optimization failure has little to do with MS and i still prefer xbox controller to my ps5 controller.

j00t

Listen... Entertainment in ye olden times was scarce. You did what you had to do.

Jozu

no.

Out of all of the awesome things that could be done in this setting with Vikings etc, and you have fetch quests about a farting woman? Gtfo.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm starting to feel like I'm not going to make it to the end. I can tell I either need to stop doing 100% and not finish story, or just focus on the story and grind it out. I don't hate the game or anything and I would say it was worth the $15. I'm at 60hrs

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to feel like I'm not going to make it to the end. I can tell I either need to stop doing 100% and not finish story, or just focus on the story and grind it out. I don't hate the game or anything and I would say it was worth the $15. I'm at 60hrs
I never do, and I sure as shit don't 100% games. I'm liking the main story so far, but the few side quests I've done so far are cringe as fuck. I'm just going to play the main story and call it a day.

• 1Solidarity