(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’m a fucking retard. Just now realized that I’m playing the PS4 version on the PS5 because I had thought it would have been handled automatically when installing to PS5, but apparently you have to actually go into the store and “purchase” the upgrade

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I’m a fucking retard. Just now realized that I’m playing the PS4 version on the PS5 because I had thought it would have been handled automatically when installing to PS5, but apparently you have to actually go into the store and “purchase” the upgrade

I did the same at the very beginning when I turned on the system. You’ll definitely notice the Ps5 version when you start it. :)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well got the Hidden Ones Set and upgraded it to Flawless quality. Can’t do Mythical yet since I don’t have Tungsten Ingots.

91720CA8-5886-4347-9F26-FDE3C6A3968B.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
35 hours in - this game is flawed, but it's very satisfying. It's repetitive but the setting is close enough to "The Last Kingdom: The Video Game" that it does it for me.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Why does everyone keep mentioning the Last Kingdom instead of Vikings? The latter sucked after it switched to Ragnarsons, but I liked the first few seasons better than TLK

Nester

Vyemm Raider
am i alone wishing there was less England and more Norway.

I feel the England shit is the same Castle, Kings and Knight's genre i have played for years. Feels way less "new" then Egypt and Greece.
I understand the raiding history, but meh.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So booted up 4K mode. 4k60 dynamic shits all over it. This patch reeks of MS covering their sorry asses considering nothing changed for ps5 save 4k30 true res which I’ll be damned if I can see the difference anyway. And we already had 4k60 dynamic since launch. More bullshit marketing spin because MS got their panties in a wad after the digital foundry videos and Phil called Ubi.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm running it at 1440p ultrawide with everything on ultra and always above 60fps... still doesn't make it a good game. Even compared to Odyssey it's a large step backwards in just about every way.

It's like there's two warring factions at Ubisoft: one that wants to go back to the old AC and one that wants to continue with the trend that started in Origins. Except this time they tried to compromise, but in the most illogical/contradictory ways possible. Random loot is gone, but the perks on just about every weapon and armor set are straight up garbage so even though it's all custom-made instead of RNG, there's very little excitement about getting something new.

And there's a bunch of stuff that attempts to buff up assassination, but the actual stealthy gameplay is the worst the series has ever seen, mainly because you can clear entire camps in a tiny fraction of the time just going in full Viking. Even if you're trying to do an area much higher level than you have any business being in, it's still far better to abuse sleep arrows than it is to try to be sneaky. One big part of that is how shitty the dual assassination skill is--it takes so long to play the animation for the first assassination that if the second target is even remotely close then he's going to notice you and the axe throw can't trigger anymore. The only way to kill two dudes standing next to each other quietly is to spend a retarded amount of time whistling in the bushes. Or just run past everything you don't absolutely have to kill, because there's no incentive to do so anymore... even the xp is pretty terrible.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Solidarity

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Found a game breaking bug on a main story quest that stopped me. Quest was "blood from a Stone"

Movable object is stuck and i can not get to the quest marker.

Found a solution online lol Find a body, toss it at the unmovable object over and over. Sure enough it moved over inch by inch. 30 tosses of this dudes corpse later and i have moved the object.

LOL

If you get stuck, just through some corpses around.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
There was a game breaking bug about four hours and where the quest wouldn’t advance and you would just sit there. That was enough for me.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah quite honestly this game fucking sucks compared to Odyssey and agree with everything Vorph Vorph said. Protagonist sucks ass. Characters suck ass. Setting is fine. Character customization and loot and skill sets are fucking meaningless compared to power level. Just a giant fuck you to the series to be quite honest. If this wasn’t launched at the same time as a launch console, I wouldn’t be playing it. It’s just so fucking dull and lifeless. Odyssey was so much better. And way more fun and it definitely isn’t because of the setting because I’m sure everyone here loves the lore of both. Only thing I like is the base building. It even that gets annoying snd time sunk when you can’t raid for resources because level means everything and skill, gear; means jack shit. I can run around naked punching people in lower level areas and it’s like I’m a level 50 against a moss snake in EQ

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And also am I losing my mind or was I able to tag enemies and things I needed with my bird before and now that does jack shit. Did they bury given functionality behind a stupid skill tree?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah quite honestly this game fucking sucks compared to Odyssey and agree with everything Vorph Vorph said. Protagonist sucks ass. Characters suck ass. Setting is fine. Character customization and loot and skill sets are fucking meaningless compared to power level. Just a giant fuck you to the series to be quite honest. If this wasn’t launched at the same time as a launch console, I wouldn’t be playing it. It’s just so fucking dull and lifeless. Odyssey was so much better. And way more fun and it definitely isn’t because of the setting because I’m sure everyone here loves the lore of both.
Yeah, it’s just a massively mediocre follow up to Odyssey. Nothing is outright bad, it’s just uninspired and bland. Only reason I got it at launch was to have something “next gen” for PS5, otherwise I would have waited until it hit ~$20 like I have for the rest of the series. I only paid $33 for it to begin with though.

• 2Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Yeah quite honestly this game fucking sucks compared to Odyssey and agree with everything Vorph Vorph said. Protagonist sucks ass. Characters suck ass. Setting is fine. Character customization and loot and skill sets are fucking meaningless compared to power level. Just a giant fuck you to the series to be quite honest. If this wasn’t launched at the same time as a launch console, I wouldn’t be playing it. It’s just so fucking dull and lifeless. Odyssey was so much better. And way more fun and it definitely isn’t because of the setting because I’m sure everyone here loves the lore of both. Only thing I like is the base building. It even that gets annoying snd time sunk when you can’t raid for resources because level means everything and skill, gear; means jack shit. I can run around naked punching people in lower level areas and it’s like I’m a level 50 against a moss snake in EQ

They took a cool Viking setting and plunked them down into he most boring and over done medieval England.

Bleh, Dull and repetitive is right.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So now we need AC:Rome and AC:Japan. Because that’s what people actually want, look for 2-3 more settings nobody wants before they finally listen. Next entry is likely AC:goatfucker

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And also am I losing my mind or was I able to tag enemies and things I needed with my bird before and now that does jack shit. Did they bury given functionality behind a stupid skill tree?
Nope, the raven pigeon is pretty useless this time around.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that was a stupid reduction. Miss that ability from Odyssey.

While I like the core gameplay, the game so far has been a step back from Odyssey, no doubt.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
See, why change this? It doesn’t make any sense. Along with all the other boneheaded decisions. This could have been so much better. We have the Vikings for Pete’s sake. Great era, epic time period in history and great mythology surrounding it. And for the first time aside from the elements we already talked about, it’s the first time I thought I would ever say this: The outside animus story is actually better than the game. :(