(2020) Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
predictions:
Heavy use of world assets from previous AC games
Heavy use of game mechanics and combat from previous AC games
Heavy use of re-skinned models from previous AC games

luckily I don't give a fuck because it will porobably be the first AC game I'll buy. Well, pirate initially, because now way I'm gonna use egs or uplay. I'll buy it when it finally hits steam

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Vikings finally depicted without horned Hollywood helmets.

A+ trailer.

Game apparently starts in Norway too. Wonder where and when. Ancestors of my moms side have been traced back to 1100s that era living in the coast of the middle of the country where the Vikings were prevalent. The last names we've found were named after one of the Viking chieftains and leaders of the farmer rebellion where they killed the king. Basically the old heathen Vikings vs Christianity (Olav that had worked for King(s) in England and had returned to Norway and wanted to Christianise it).
It's before 1066, that was the year of two invasions: The final Viking Invasion and the successful Norman invasion that replaced the Anglo-Saxons being in charge. The English forces in the trailer appear to be Saxons (ground troops with axes) rather than Normans (knights).

Well, Alfred the Great is supposed to be the/a antagonist, so timeline-wise we're looking at the mid-ninth century.
They refer to "England" in the trailer, Alfred the Great did fight Vikings but he was the King of Wessex. He wanted to unify England and is credited as the national founder but it was his grandson that actually did it.

I'm going to guess it's set in 999 because that sounds cool.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't wait to play as Eivora, the compassionate, wholesome female Viking who leads numerous raids into England to peacfully barter for goods, while freeing the poor Englishmen from the tyranny of some cruel despot!

• 1Truth!

Cybsled

zzzzEW5Ah-7WAAABJc9.jpg

lol

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wish

Would play

whenever you started to gallop quickly ala

If they really wanted to be fabulous. Start some prince everytime you mount up.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amazed at how much hate this game is getting just because its Viking oriented. Ubisoft is going to be laughing all the way to the bank with this one.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I haven't seen one iota of hate for this game, or are you just perusing the twitters of typical SJW bluehairs that hate literally everything?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did a quick check on twitter, and I'm not seeing a SJW chimpout. I found this, but c'mon, this is obviously fake.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

I haven't seen one iota of hate for this game, or are you just perusing the twitters of typical SJW bluehairs that hate literally everything?

You hit the nail on the head. I stayed in the Gamer Gate thread too long.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah gameplay trailer now equals "In game cut scenes"...

The entire Xbox Series 20/20 this morning was an absolute joke.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Ha, I'll preorder it too. But I have to agree on the comment about the most recent "game play" trailer. Who in the hell thought to call it that? :trump:

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’ll likely wait for a good sale on it since Ubisoft games seem to drop fast for whatever reason, but it looks good from what little we’ve actually seen

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Or just sub up to Ubipass or whatever it is for a month and play through it then wait to see if the DLC is any good and get the ultimate edition on sale for 29 bucks later on.

donomito

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you buy a ubisoft game, you're fucking stupid. This series is fucking gay, and you'll end up with a broken piece of shit software which has been downgraded into the fucking toilet. Just burn your money now to save yourself the embarrassment.

• 3Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 6 users