2020 GOTY

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cyberpunk, Warzone, and Shadowbringers for FFXIV have my most playtime for new games in 2020 (do last 2 count though?), but I haven’t played Hades or Ghost yet.

Shadowbringers wouldn't count for this year, I would think.

Fadaar

That guy
god this just makes me realize how few games I've bought this year

cyberpunk and doom eternal are about it, didn't get anything on console

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
41062475530_759de824b3_o.gif

i really hate cyberpunk, and i'm playing on pc. (i returned the ps4 garbage copy)

i'd rather travel miles w/ my horse on GoT, than ride my akira bike in cyberpunk... did you know if you are riding and a car crashes into you and you then crash into a pedestrian, the cops go ham on your ass?

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'd probably say Cyberpunk at this point. Not many new games caught my eye this year.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ghost of Tsushima easily for me. Cyberpunk would be a contender if it was more polished.

• 1Solidarity

Szlia

Come to think of it, I played almost no 2020 games in 2020. I mostly played retro games and a few recent-but-not-2020 games (Yakuza 6, Control, Among Us). As a result, my GOTY is Poly Bridge 2 (150 hours played too). That or Kentucky Route Zero. It was published in 5 chapters between January 2013 and January 2020. Come to think of it, they released consoles versions of the full game in January as Kentucky Route Zero : TV Edition. That's my GOTY then.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The four 2020 games I played:
Wasteland 3 - Everything was good except the combat, I had more fun with WL2
Desperados 3 - Exactly what I wanted from this type of game and on par with their previous game, Shadow Tactics
Hades - Roguelites don't hold my interests for very long, but it was the best Roguelite I have ever played
Crusader Kings 3 - some interesting and fun changes, but couldn't help but compare it to the fully decked out, in DLC, Paradox games of the past

So, out of those 4, I had the most fun with Desperados 3.

2020-12-29 05.01.46 store.steampowered.com 597023deba13.png

Most of the games I played this year ended up being over a year old (like dusting off Masters of Magic, again).

If anyone needs a 2020 list, here is one on Game Informer (some are re-releases on various platforms, which shouldn't count (example: Disco Elysium for Mac)):

Last edited:

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ghosts of Tsushima by the thin margin of total polish.
CP2077 very close second.
WASTELAND 3 is my third place.

Most disappointing has to go to the Necromunda game.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I almost never play AAA games year of release. I also vote for Monster Train though. I can't quite explain why but it really scratches the itch for me. First time in a long time I get up and game for an hour or so before work.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to go with Cyberpunk 2077, I feel bad for those that aren't having a good go of it, but this game fucks for me. It would likely be Ghost of Tsushima if I had picked it up, but I decided I was going to wait on that one until I pick up a PS5. Hades gets a very noticeable nod, great game as well that sucked me in way more than I expected it would. Star Wars Squadrons scratched a big itch for me, but I don't think it rose to the level of GOTY unless you've got a full VR/HOTAS setup for it. Pretty sure those are the only actual 2020 games I've played that aren't expansions to something else. It feels fitting in 2020 that Cyberpunk is my GOTY, it's broken, just like this whole year.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Monster Train is quite fun. The only thing bad about it is the godawful name.