2020 GOTY

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Also Ghosts of Tsushima for me. I expected it to be Cyberpunk but the state of it just can't be ignored. 8 years and half the time I click an item slot it displays a fucking different one on PC

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk (I've now got 140 hours into it over two different playthroughs) is one of, if not my favorite game of all time. I just love it, and it will only get better.

That said, GoT was an awesome game and in any other year would easily be my GOTY. Was a wonderful experience and I'm excited to see what Sucker Punch does next. Also excellent this year, Hades (terrific), Genshin Impact (spent a ton of time on that game when it released, haven't played since), and Persona 5 Royal (my favorite JRPG of all time) would be further up there if I hadn't already played base Person 5. Persona 5 Royal is another game I spent 100+ hours on and had a ball the entire way through. Wish they would release a new mainline SMT game...

Been an excellent year for gaming, and I know I'm forgetting other good games.

spronk

FPS noob
The Last Of Us 2

for the memes

tlou_2_meme_19.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk (I've now got 140 hours into it over two different playthroughs) is one of, if not my favorite game of all time. I just love it, and it will only get better.

damn dude lol

I feel that passionate about FO/FO2/New Vegas

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any game except the one that I'm playing 16 hours a day right now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

HL: Alyx is pretty damn amazing and the way it ended made every Half Life fan cream themselves, but the very steep hurdle to play it (A good VR rig) really limits it's audience.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
HL: Alyx is pretty damn amazing and the way it ended made every Half Life fan cream themselves, but the very steep hurdle to play it (A good VR rig) really limits it's audience.
I’m looking forward to playing it some day :(

Caliane

I was going to say, Bannerlord sure got 334 hours played out of me so far. Far and away the most played game I got this year. Even when playing other games, like Wasteland 3.. I got sucked back into Bannerlord, pausing the wasteland run, and probably never going back to it... but, its a buggy unfinished EA game. It can't actually be a GOTY due to that can it? But, then all these votes for cyperpunk2077... so I guess being an unfinished buggy beta doesn't mean anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

I am surprised by Crusader King III being mentioned just the once. Isn't it supposed to be great ? Maybe it's too much of a niche game or maybe people playing it don't have time to go on message boards.....