2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Why would you even want to see them in the playoffs? This is not a good 49ers team, and making it to the playoffs just to get bounced in the 1st round, just so they can say they made the playoffs, is dumb.

Anything can happen. I remember watching a 7 - 9 team make the playoffs and beat the 12 - 4 defending Super Bowl champions in the first round of the playoffs with an injured Matt Hassleback as the QB

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why would you even want to see them in the playoffs? This is not a good 49ers team, and making it to the playoffs just to get bounced in the 1st round, just so they can say they made the playoffs, is dumb.

I actually think it is a good team, at least when good Jimmy is there. On the bad Jimmy days, not so much. The defense has been playing really well. Most of Minnesota's offense was generated on a couple of trick plays and the Seahawks started 3 drives inside the 49ers 30 and only got one touchdown out of it. When they put it together I don't think there's anyone in the league that they can't beat but they have really struggled to be consistent, and Jimmy always struggles to be consistent.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think they have a few glaring holes that are impossible to depend on. One of them is obviously Jimmy G. Which Jimmy shows up will quickly show you what kind of game it is going to be. He is absolutely not dependable.

2nd is the secondary. Their CB's are bad, like probably worst in the league bad. Moseley is a serviceable #2 I suppose, but relying on Norman, Johnson, and the 2 rookies is awful. This is a passing league and to get through the elite teams you need to have coverage skills. The 49ers don't have that.

3rd is just self inflicted wounds, mostly penalties. They feel like a poorly coached team right now because of the number of shitty penalties, bad turnovers, or poor special teams execution.

So sure, if everything is going right they look like an above average team. Problem is more often than not, things are going right.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In case anyone missed what I was referring to yesterday, the refs were supposed to force the Lions to kick the extra point since a block or fumble returned for 2 points would have sent the game to overtime. They could have declared they were going for 2 and then knelt on it, but that still could have resulted in a fumble.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
In case anyone missed what I was referring to yesterday, the refs were supposed to force the Lions to kick the extra point since a block or fumble returned for 2 points would have sent the game to overtime. They could have declared they were going for 2 and then knelt on it, but that still could have resulted in a fumble.

Didn't think of that. Knowing the Lions...chances are pretty high that could have happened!

• 1Truth!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The special Ed team won you just let them have the victory and feel good about yourself as the refs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No, they weren't.

“If a touchdown is made on the last play of a period, the Try attempt shall be made (except during a sudden-death period, or if a touchdown is scored during a down in which time in the fourth period expires, and a successful Try would not affect the outcome of the game).”

Key word there is "successful".

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think they have a few glaring holes that are impossible to depend on. One of them is obviously Jimmy G. Which Jimmy shows up will quickly show you what kind of game it is going to be. He is absolutely not dependable.

2nd is the secondary. Their CB's are bad, like probably worst in the league bad. Moseley is a serviceable #2 I suppose, but relying on Norman, Johnson, and the 2 rookies is awful. This is a passing league and to get through the elite teams you need to have coverage skills. The 49ers don't have that.

3rd is just self inflicted wounds, mostly penalties. They feel like a poorly coached team right now because of the number of shitty penalties, bad turnovers, or poor special teams execution.

So sure, if everything is going right they look like an above average team. Problem is more often than not, things are going right.

You are right about the corners. Moseley is just average but he's easily the best on the team. When he went down yesterday it was not good. I doubt we can actually trade Jimmy G in the off season due to his salary but if someone would trade a good cornerback for him that would be a good deal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, they weren't.

“If a touchdown is made on the last play of a period, the Try attempt shall be made (except during a sudden-death period, or if a touchdown is scored during a down in which time in the fourth period expires, and a successful Try would not affect the outcome of the game).”

Key word there is "successful".
Red Zone led me astray. REEEEE

*edit*

Although you have to admit that it's generally pretty safe to assume that NFL refs fucked something up.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Vikings (5-7) Losing to the Lions didn’t eliminate them from playoff contention mathematically, but it’s hard to feel too good about their chances.

Panthers (5-7) The good news is that Panthers moved up two spots during a bye week that saw them fire their offensive coordinator and the bad news is that they’re going to have to get back on the field this week.

Lions (1-10-1) They finally got a win and they can keep playing spoiler in Denver next weekend.

lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jimmy G is not going to be a 49er next season no matter what. Even if he wins a SB I still think hes gone.

All the capital they spent on Lance you cant sit him for 2 fucking years.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That's what you tell yourself, then you remember your coach is Shanahan.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Bronco's Failed me! However, Patriots have all the tie breakers currently in the AFC.
KC's offense still looks...OFF/Not Right.

some MNF facts for this year:

home team is 11-1 and 9-3 vs the spread this year.

which is why i am slightly worried, Still say Patriots win tonight though.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I firmly believe Shanahan was trying to accomplish 2 things this year. He honestly believed the team was good enough to win with Jimmy G, so he wanted to play him and win, and at the same time showcase him to be traded in the offseason.

Unfortunately for Shanahan he is not getting 2019 Jimmy, and they will be lucky to get any sort of trade value for him. But by no means do I think he will be on the team next year.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait to see what all these 49er fans bitch and moan about after we send off the best QB we've had since Steve Young. My bet is Shanahan.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
It’s hard to imagine Garopolo on the team next season with the way his contract was structured. They can release him only owe $1.4 million towards the cap, if they keep him it’s like $26 million. And if you aren’t starting Trey Lance next season then what the fuck did you trade all that draft capital for? And I can’t see Jimmy being like hey I’ll take $3 mill a year to ride the pine for you guys.
I can't wait to see what all these 49er fans bitch and moan about after we send off the best QB we've had since Steve Young. My bet is Shanahan.
I like Jimmy G, but Jeffy G from 2000-2002 was a baller.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I can't wait to see what all these 49er fans bitch and moan about after we send off the best QB we've had since Alex Smith. My bet is Shanahan.
As a lifelong 49'ers fan I would like to ftfy

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It’s hard to imagine Garopolo on the team next season with the way his contract was structured. They can release him only owe $1.4 million towards the cap, if they keep him it’s like $26 million. And if you aren’t starting Trey Lance next season then what the fuck did you trade all that draft capital for? And I can’t see Jimmy being like hey I’ll take $3 mill a year to ride the pine for you guys.

I like Jimmy G, but Jeffy G from 2000-2002 was a baller.
Lance is 100% going to be the starter next season. If you keep Jimmy, it's fucking retarded and Lynch/Shanahan need to be fired immediately for wasting a shitload of draft capital.

Garcia was overrated, IMO. Other than that huge comeback against the Giants, he never really did anything to impress me. He was also gifted with having Jerry Rice AND TO on the same fuckin' team(granted, Rice was toward the end of his career by that point, but TO was roughly at his "peak"), yet still put up pretty "meh" stats, outside the year he had Rice AND TO (I could probably throw for 4k yards with those two as my WRs).

His tenure outside the 49ers was further proof the dude was pretty mediocre.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Minshew is a fucking force.

Like he tries too hard, not on the field.