2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Shrug if theres all the text messages to the Bucs GM, evidence he had broken bones etc its gonna look real ugly. And yea, nobodies are expected to play but they dont make the news but high profile players are gonna always be front page news on PFT etc.
Still unsure that matters. I guess a paper trail DOES look worse, but people are playing with broken bones every single week.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still unsure that matters. I guess a paper trail DOES look worse, but people are playing with broken bones every single week.
Sure, but few of them have the power to stand up to the man so to speak. Idk if anything comes of it, prolly get swept under the rug this time but it could cause other guys to start speaking out and shine a nasty light on a culture that most casual fans probably dont have a clue about. Definitely has the potential to be more bad PR for a league that doesnt need any more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Players don't get to decide if they are too injured to play, the medical staff does, and lord knows there have been enough examples of clearly hobbled players dinking around the field as mere decoys.

Given AB's history, it neither surprises me that the Bucs would want a second opinion (if that part of the storyline is even true) nor that Arians would be done with him if they wasted a uniformed gameday spot on a guy that won't even bother to decoy.

I am sure some media will claim this as an injustice, but (to me) this is a complete nonstory.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody really gives a fuck about what you think is a nonstory though. This is 2022 broski. BLM, Wakandavision, equity for all and all that -- did you not hear the NFLs black national anthem and all the healing it gave us?? I mean, a guy played a game with sniffles and put the entire leagues safety at risk! LIVES WERE ALMOST LOST (well not really but...according to Mike Florio they were...)

Its all about how this plays out in the media and caring about what the twitter mob is gonna say. Perception is everything. ABs agent could just get him on the View and he could talk about how these poor black men are current slaves to present day white slave owners. There wouldnt be an ounce of white guilt not cried out in the tears of all the in-studio Karens.

This is the new woke NFL.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This guy is always playing the victim. Every team downplays injuries and does this shit. I kinda doubt the league is going to do anything to derail the Brady train right before the playoffs on the word of a nut case.

Nothing is ever this guys fault.

It IS clown world though, I mean, I can't wait for the first team to lose their QB in the playoffs to covid (hey hey Stafford hasn't been out yet) and watch that ensuing shit show.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I don't think anyone doubts players play hurt man. Hell I think most of high school and college I played hurt. And that was for funsies! Millions on the line? I'm shooting up cocaine, meth and Tylenol that day.

If they knew the severity of his injury and shot him up with pain killers and said get out there, and he tried to play hurt, but just couldn't do it...then you're told your finished when he just couldn't do it because of the pain? That's a bad look no matter how you look at it. You don't threaten players with that shit. Even nutcases like AB. If that MRI is true, I'm shocked he even tried to play. (Remember we are talking about a man who faked a Covid19 card, so who knows).

Arians, IF he is found out to have have lied about not knowing, that looks even worse. Bucs have to consider getting rid of him if for nothing else for esthetics.

If this was anyone BUT AB...let's say any top tier talent like Tyreke Hill, would this be even debatable?

Also they haven't officially cut him. Why is that? I'm genuinely curious now. MY thought was because they were playing the "we may still need him in the playoffs" game. Now? They know they can't cut an injured player?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Those drugs must wear off quick though. He was looking pretty crisp and agile on his routes. Plus he was jumping up and down and jogging which I'm not sure he'd do is he was as hurt as he's implying. But who fucking knows?

Jomboy has a video because of course he does.

• 3Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Would be an entirely different situation if either Mike Evans or Chris Godwin, 2 guys with pretty flawless track records, leave the game mid third quarter and make the same claims about being cut for not playing through injury (minus the theatrics, because that is an Antonio Brown exclusive). Those guys would have benefit of the doubt, Antonio Brown does not. He has less than 0 credibility.

I don’t know about the people who will be actually making investigations and rulings, but for me I would need to see concrete proof (a video, an audio recording, text messages) of Bruce Arians saying almost verbatim “I know you’re so injured that playing is a risk but you’re gonna fuckin’ play until your leg falls off if I tell you to.”

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't think anyone doubts players play hurt man. Hell I think most of high school and college I played hurt. And that was for funsies! Millions on the line? I'm shooting up cocaine, meth and Tylenol that day.
I KNEW you were LT!!!!!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
AD was robbed in 2018.

edit: this is 2021 -
1641479084788.png

• 3Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Shrug if theres all the text messages to the Bucs GM, evidence he had broken bones etc its gonna look real ugly. And yea, nobodies are expected to play but they dont make the news but high profile players are gonna always be front page news on PFT etc.

Not sure that means all that much. AB didn't practice that week and was listed as questionable for the game because of his ankle. There's no denying they knew Brown had an ankle injury. The issue is whether he told Arians he couldn't play because he was injured or if he was throwing a temper tantrum and came up with the ankle angle after the fact.

While I do find it funny how many posters were former NFL players and seem to know what exactly how team dynamics work, I just can't imagine in today's game a player saying he's too injured to play and the coach telling him to GTFO. Him running around and jumping afterward without even a slight limp also doesn't mesh with his ankle being destroyed

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also they haven't officially cut him. Why is that?
Well before the shit came out through AB's lawyer, I assumed the Bucs office want to keep any other teams from being able to pick him up for the playoffs and that Arians probably overstepped by declaring him no longer a Buc.

Those guys would have benefit of the doubt, Antonio Brown does not. He has less than 0 credibility.
While this is no doubt true, this situation is also very different from AB's garbled insanity in the past. He's released a very clear and concise allegation through his lawyer and claims to have proof of both the injury, and Arians knowledge of the injury.

Him running around and jumping afterward without even a slight limp also doesn't mesh with his ankle being destroyed
This is the hardest thing to square for me, but we plainly don't know the exact nature of the injury and what it would mean for his mobility and maybe he was hopped back up on adrenaline after his temper tantrum. I mean if he has proof from a doctor of serious damage to his foot/ankle then it doesn't really matter that much how he was acting as he left the field right? Cause that little show was nothing like running a route.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
AD was robbed in 2018.

edit: this is 2021 - View attachment 391454

It goes back to the eternal debate on what MVP means. If you're talking about best player then a lot of players have been robbed over the years. If you literally mean the most valuable to the team, then it's obvious someone like Aaron Rodgers will always be more valuable than even a generational defensive talent. QB is just too important of a position

If you take away Mahomes from the 2018 Chiefs and AD from the 2018 Rams, which team would have the bigger drop off?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
which is why they need a most valuable qb award.
and a most valuable player- other than qb.
~85% of the time the qb is the most valuable position on every team-MOST of the time you need a good qb for the offense to be good, about ~7% it is a running back- see thomas, henry etc(in actuality i would say 60% of RB good play is the blocking by the O-Line-crap o-line run blocking USUALLY indicats poor rushing attack-occasionally there is a RB that overcomes poor blocking consistantly(sanders peyton, etc), the other ~5% receiver -see diggs, chase etc, ~3% it is a defensive player-typically a linebacker or a lineman who goes after the qb- see donald etc.

• 2Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AB released some text messages, so we're at that stage already. This will hopefully get good.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
AB released some text messages, so we're at that stage already. This will hopefully get good.
My dream is for Arians to get fired, Pats and Bucs Super Bowl, and Brady becomes the first person to simultaneously win a Super Bowl as both player and coach.

I think that series of events would drive the most people crazy.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity