2021-2022 NFL Season: Deshaun Watson will die a Texan!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lions should be force feeding Swift and working play action off of that. Goof came out for the second half here. Less than 10 carries late in the 4th?

For whatever reason they like to do an almost 50/50 split with him and Williams (although Williams is a good player, fwiw). Isn't Lynch OC there now?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Kevin King must have pictures of Gutenkunst fucking a dead cow while wearing a Bears Jersey to keep his job. Adams has clearly lost a step. Rodgers still has the talent, but the will and good decision making is falling off, probably because he is checked out.

If Stafford was still a Lion instead of Goof under center, the Lions would have won last night easily. Goof literally handed us the game. Packers will win this division the same way the Washington Football Team won the NFC Least last year. If the Lions can keep Goof from throwing the ball and get a second WR worth a shit, they are going to be decent next year. That trade with the Rams is going to go down as the second worst trade in league history, right behind the Herchel Walker trade.
It's pretty far from being the second worst trade in history. Even if they cut goff today, they still got two first rounders and a third round pick for an aging quarterback.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty sure its the Rams that got the extra picks, unless I am mistaken? Edit- I was in error. Still a bad trade but not the bad one my drunken lions fan friend was bitching about during last nights game.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Goof showed some spirit in the near comeback in week one, but A) That was against a (heavily injured) Defense he is familiar with and B) He was partially responsible for putting them in the hole they got into. Last night was a total meltdown while having every advantage needed to win that game. I can think of like six backup QBs who would have been cheap to get who are clearly better than Goof. I am guessing the Rams needed to shed cap hit badly enough that they could not make the trade without the Lions taking Goof, but Detroit sure would have been better off to pick up a D player and more trade value and gone shopping for a QB elsewhere.

On the Packer's side of things, the Offense just looks... well flat. I know it looked impressive second half last night, but to me that gets chalked up to the Lions atrocious defense and Goof imploding spectacularly. If we can limp along until Baktiarri returns, we will probably end up in the playoffs with a fair record. But that will come at playing two shit divisions (AFC North minus maybe the Ravens, NFC Central which is only not the worst because the AFC South exists). But our defense guarantees that the first time we face an opponent who can even remotely stop our offense, we exit the playoffs. Though honestly just about every NFC Defense is having issues this year, outside of the Rams, Tampa, and maybe the Panthers. The Packers are especially bad this year, though. Like bad enough that if I could trade the Lions D for ours, I would.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL sorry old habits die hard. I still think of TB as in our division sometimes.

...I am old.....

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Pretty sure the Bucs have won the division more recently than the Lions
And you would be correct.

1999 - NFC Central Champions - TB
1993 - NFC Central Champions - Detroit

The Lions have never won a NFC North title.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone recommend a fantasy football resource I can use to co-op my trades?

I don't have time to micro-manage my team and I'm getting shat up on in my league.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!

Looking forward to seeing him play for a full game

So I guess the bone bruise the red rocket got was a non contact one which the worst kind.

It’s on Nagy to put Fields in position to succeed. Fields has the skill set but Nagy likes to double down on stupid. See WR screen right at Ramsey.

Bears had in running backs to tryout this week. Sounds like Cohens knee might push him out this entire season.

Hosix

All labs matter!

I bet when this reporter asked this? He expected a short to the point type of answer. Instead he gets the history of long snapping.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

Edit: Miami has allowed QB pressure on 55% of passing plays. Highest in the league (Jets are next at 49%)

Tua is going to get Carr'd. Miami has started 46 Offensive line players in the last 10 seasons, which is the highest of all teams in that span. At least Tannehill had the size to absorb over 200 sacks before a season ending ACL injury. Dude was pissing blood after some games but came out to play the next week.

Miami can't evaluate o-line talent, nor develop o-line talent. The ones we do, get traded or were misused; Billy Turner was cut 2 years ago, and PFF scored him a 72 this season so far with the Packers. There's literally a rookie guard that Las Vegas signed off our practice squad that scored a fucking 82.

The whole Miami O-line (starting 5) salary this year is 8 million. Our two starting CB's, Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, EACH make 16 million a year.

Just watch the first minute of this. The o-line is so, so bad:
The defense is top notch, but the offense being this bad could sink Flores (eventually) despite how much everyone likes him. We have 2 first year co-OC's, and a first year Offensive Line coach. With a defensive minded head coach. Not ideal. Sean McDermott has Brian Daboll and Leslie Frazier as OC/DC; they aren't screwing around with their playoff window, letting his buddies try the job out. They went out and got proven commodities for those positions.

That said, I'm leaning towards Tua not working out because I'm not seeing his improvement between the ears. A wonderlic score of 13 isn't the end of the world (Janitors score an average of 14, btw). But now we have: not known for intelligence, undersized, "accurate" but not known for arm strength. He has leadership and high character though, so yay? Tua got murdered not just because his o-line didnt understand the protection, but neither did he.

The game this Sunday won't be highly televised, but don't be surprised if the gamebreak on CBS cuts to inform you that Jacoby Brisset has died after being sacked by the Raiders 14 times in the first half.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am glad we agree that showboating joggers are the biggest abusers when it comes to taunting. Of course, everyone forgets the GOAT WR and RBs (both black), Rice and Sanders, would never do that shit and just calmly hand the fucking ball to the refs. I don't fucking care how oppressive it is, I am sick of seeing De'Noquious Joggerinqua celebrating every first down like they won the fucking Superbowl.