2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He could be traded easily. But why would you, he may never play again.

All goes back to a debate earlier this offseason where Muurloen claimed it was actually I M P O S S I B L E to trade Watson because of cap concerns.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I just highly doubt this. I don't know of another athlete that's been out of the game for 5+ years and has made any sort of comeback. But I guess sales are sales.

The Bengals are a terribly run organization, but it can get worse.

There's been a few players who fulfilled their military obligation then came back to football 5 years later and had good careers. Last one I know is Chad Hennings. Most successful one I know of is Roger Staubach. But I only pay attention to the cowboys. I'm sure there are others.

How long had Kurt Warner been stocking groceries before he had his big comeback?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Cam Newton best deep baller passer in the game?

michael jordan laughing GIF

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

They talk like he has a choice on where he ends up but I don't think he has a no trade clause and as far as I know, it's not him wanting to leave the Falcons and more the Falcons just can't keep him.

EDIT Imagine it could be considered on him by wanting the 15m they agreed to pay him.

Fadaar

That guy
I think Tom Brady would like to throw his hat in the ring:

Edit: for good measure:

Oh I'm well aware. I'm talking more about straight chuckin' it, something like this:

From the 25 to the 5. For those keeping count that's 70 yards in the air.

Last edited:

Merrith

While Brady's performance on deep throws is impressive, every other QB we're talking about would love to have Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, and Gronk as targets downfield to throw to. Not that the other guys don't have good receivers, too, but on the whole that group is just sick. Even Scotty Miller was pretty good downfield target.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Maybe every other QB should stop taking the max fucking dollars and help the organization out. There's only so much money to go around, if you're going to cripple your franchise live with the consequences. It's either money>super bowls or super bowls>money.....pick a lane!

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Maybe every other QB should stop taking the max fucking dollars and help the organization out. There's only so much money to go around, if you're going to cripple your franchise live with the consequences. It's either money>super bowls or super bowls>money.....pick a lane!
1621914949738.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

On the flip side, teams could actually draft young, cheap WR's for their star QB's instead of wasting a 1st round pick on a backup QB. The whole point of taking a QB early these days is to max the value while they're cheap on a rookie contract. Packers already wasting 2 years of Love's at this point, plus they took a RB in the 2nd round right after Love last year, then re-signed Aaron Jones for $12M+ a year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Most academy dudes do 2 years of military service, not 5+, Staubach did do 4 though.

I coulda swore hennigs did 5 years so I assumed that's what they all did. I just looked it up and he did 4 years like Staubach. He was supposed to do 8 but got out early after serving in the Gulf War.