2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tebow is the epitome of white privilege guys!

He was a shit commentator after being a shit qb but still got work. If Tebow was black? He would have been another Chris Leak, all but forgotten after college.

But seriously, does anyone remember Leak? He won a national title starting at QB for the Gators the year before Tebow became starter I think.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why do people like him?
In college ball he won championships. He is humble, attributes his success to God and his teammates. In life he does charity work and sets up charitable foundations. In the NFL, with shitty throwing mechanics he managed to take a team on a fairy tale run that the Pat's ended one game from a superbowl. All while giving the credit to God and his teammates.

So he is everything most modern athletes aren't. He is also, by all accounts an actual decent human being. It's why the left hates him so much. How do not root for him?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

He was a shit commentator after being a shit qb but still got work. If Tebow was black? He would have been another Chris Leak, all but forgotten after college.

But seriously, does anyone remember Leak? He won a national title starting at QB for the Gators the year before Tebow became starter I think.
You are leaving one thing out. Tebow has an unquantifiable desire to win. If he had actual real throwing mechanics he could have been Steve Young. And that season with the Donkeys was pretty fucking amazing to watch. What was it like 7 games in a row and almost all decided on the last drive?

Hosix

All labs matter!

Chris Leak doing his best to be NFL ready!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do you think he's going to be an impactful player on the Jags?
In terms of filling the stadium week after week for a shitty sub-500 team and selling insane amounts of merchandise? Yep. That's the important part.

If they build specific situational plays around him and force the other tram to plan for him? Yes. For instance they better have 4 or 5 plays from inside the opponent 5 that are designed around him, either wildcat or straight up under center. Also 3 and 4th short yardage plays.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Do you think he's going to be an impactful player on the Jags?

He already is economically. I would wager if he stays on the team he will negatively impact the team and particularly Lawrence when he struggles.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If they build specific situational plays around him and force the other tram to plan for him? Yes. For instance they better have 4 or 5 plays from inside the opponent 5 that are designed around him, either wildcat or straight up under center. Also 3 and 4th short yardage plays.

I just highly doubt this. I don't know of another athlete that's been out of the game for 5+ years and has made any sort of comeback. But I guess sales are sales.

The Bengals are a terribly run organization, but it can get worse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Jones on the 49'ers would be a pretty huge gain for them offensively

It would make picking fantasy players from them pretty, tough, though. Julio would always be relevant, and so would Kittle when healthy. I really want to say fuck their backfield because Shanahan and his RBBC crap...but Trey Sermon intrigues me as a late round bet.

Hosix

All labs matter!
He already is economically. I would wager if he stays on the team he will negatively impact the team and particularly Lawrence when he struggles.

If Lawrence struggles the drama for Tebow to play Q will be amazing. Omfg please happen

• 2Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 2 users