2021 NFL Offseason: QB Carousel Imminent -- Retirement Boogaloo

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Still can’t believe this is a real human.

No wonder Al put everything into the team. I wouldn’t ever want to come home to that either. I don’t know what he fucked but beastiality is a sin for a reason

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone get up a pic of his mother stat!

edit: I couldnt find a single pic of Al Davis' wife. Not a one.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Someone get up a pic of his mother stat!

edit: I couldnt find a single pic of Al Davis' wife. Not a one.
Is the reason you couldn't find one is because you didn't try? Found this right away from a Google search.

1617556850012.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Good video about how Belichick probably cost the Patriots 1 or 2 more rings with his ego.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

I searched Al Davis' wife.

Didnt bring back shit.

But anyway, Mark Davis is literally a fully grown version of Chucky.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought it's generally known that Belichick is a mediocre (at best) GM, which has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought it's generally known that Belichick is a mediocre (at best) GM, which has nothing to do with his coaching abilities.
True. He is not a good talent evaluator. He is good at getting the most out of talent though.

That doesnt excuse drafting so many QBs with the GOAT though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So watching a Pat McAfee video from a couple days ago just now, they touched on something I didn't know about or certainly forgot, but Jimmy G has a no trade clause this year. They also talked about the 49'ers wanting a first for him, lmao

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I think he's actually very good at getting mid level free agents and getting a ton of value out of them. I'd say he's good at evaluating existing NFL talent, but pretty bad at it with college players.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think he's actually very good at getting mid level free agents and getting a ton of value out of them. I'd say he's good at evaluating existing NFL talent, but pretty bad at it with college players.

Part of that could have been self perpetuating with players taking less to go to a guaranteed winning team and/or chase a ring.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Part of that could have been self perpetuating with players taking less to go to a guaranteed winning team and/or chase a ring.
Yeah, and they know his reputation and can learn what he's like from other players. Much more likely to be a good match then the forced situation of a draft.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure there's a lot of reasons for it, but the fact is he gets good free agents and has a pretty shit hit rate in the draft.

• 1Like

Animosity

I'm sure there's a lot of reasons for it, but the fact is he gets good free agents and has a pretty shit hit rate in the draft.
This exactly. He hasn’t drafted a HoF player in over 10 years. But his schemes work so well it’s almost plug and play.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So watching a Pat McAfee video from a couple days ago just now, they touched on something I didn't know about or certainly forgot, but Jimmy G has a no trade clause this year. They also talked about the 49'ers wanting a first for him, lmao
Right, and there is no reason for the 49ers to trade him this year. They don't need the salary cap space, and as long as he is playing Jimmy G still gives them the best shot to win now. Don't forget, no rookie QB has ever started in, much less won the Super Bowl. The 49ers view themselves as Super Bowl contenders now with their current roster. So I honestly believe no matter who they draft, they are keeping Jimmy for this year.

Best case scenario for the 49ers, the team stays healthy and they make it back to and win the SB (no I don't think it highly likely). So they go into the offseason with a QB who just won the SB and have their new rookie waiting in the wings. So then they have to make a decision on what to do in the offseason, and honestly that is a great problem to have. Stick with the QB who just won, or trade him to some desperate team. Sure he has a no trade clause, but I am willing to bet they will get something worked out.

Worst case scenario Jimmy G gets hurt, or just shits the bed, and the 49ers have another bad/mediocre year. They can just cut him in the offseason with very little dead money, and look to the future with their new QB.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pats did at least manage to get some assets back for some of those QB's. Cassel was part of a deal that brought back a 2nd round pick, Jimmy G also got moved for a 2nd. Brissett they snagged WR Phillip Dorsett with, he helped out a small bit on the Pats last Super Bowl run. Think they got a late round pick back for Ryan Mallet as well, although lower than the pick they originally used on him.

Their drafting history has been complete shit for awhile, though. It's funny I remember hearing some recent draft where they said the Pats/Belichick claimed they only had draftable grades on about 100 players. Clearly they're not grading guys well.