2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What a list. Truly a great feat to have overcome all those future hall of famers.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Paging Denamian Denamian It's getting late and I need to know how the Chargers are going to screw this up before I go to sleep

I fell asleep during halftime. I think it was some sort of self defense mechanism. Naturally it would only engage when it shouldn't.

• 3Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brady was 7-0 against rookie QBs, now hes 7-1.

Big Cock Brock is the fucking man. What an incredible surprise if he is really legit.

What do you do with Lance? Jimmy's days as a 49er look like they are really over now, as that picture of Kyle sitting in the locker room w Brock tells you everything you need to know. No way will the 49ers pay Jimmy again when you have Brock.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Health Check for Kirun Kirun How does it feel to have your 2 time Super Bowl Champion QB get shown up by Mr. Irrelevant??

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Brady was 7-0 against rookie QBs, now hes 7-1.

Big Cock Brock is the fucking man. What an incredible surprise if he is really legit.

What do you do with Lance? Jimmy's days as a 49er look like they are really over now, as that picture of Kyle sitting in the locker room w Brock tells you everything you need to know. No way will the 49ers pay Jimmy again when you have Brock.
Good lord, pump the brakes a bit. Do you not remember how good Nick Mullens looked in his first start? How well did that turn out?

Now I agree that Purdy looked better than I expected, but he is in fact still a rookie. He is for sure going to hit some bumps in the road.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They said he's the first Mr Irrelevant to complete a touchdown pass as well. I'm guessing that's not a particularly illustrious list either.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Good lord, pump the brakes a bit. Do you not remember how good Nick Mullens looked in his first start? How well did that turn out?

Now I agree that Purdy looked better than I expected, but he is in fact still a rookie. He is for sure going to hit some bumps in the road.

Its Jozu... remember he's still trying to come to terms with the fact the Niners aren't even a franchise anymore

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
They said he's the first Mr Irrelevant to complete a touchdown pass as well. I'm guessing that's not a particularly illustrious list either.
Pretty sure he was the 1st one to even throw a pass, because there are only like 6 or 7 QB Mr. Irrelevant ever.

And yes, there were only 7 other rookies to start against Brady, and they were all terrible. It's still fun to poke at him.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FWIW Matt Flynn would have probably been a starter nearly anywhere else at that time (Dude set records as a backup that are still in there) but we had Rodgers, so he was out backup. In fact he almost WAS out starter, but McMuffin did not like how he practiced even though his in game intensity was really good. And we almost won that game against the Tom Brady led patriots, too. Same guy came back from three scores to beat peak Romo Cowboys (the very game that originated the Never go full Romo meme). Dude just had the worst luck for where he ended up and was always destined to be the second guy.

But most of that list is absolutely some positively mediocre QB talent, at best. That having been said, Purdy had one of the better debuts of any backup QB I can remember since maybe Hostetler. I think the real takeaway here is that the incredible SF D and running attack have obfuscated how much sub par QB play that they have been able to get away with in recent years. In the current era where every prospect is a non-pocket RPO guy (who is likely to get hurt), I think his stock really went up with that game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I do think we've probably seen Jimmy G in a 9ers uniform for the last time. Purdy has at least shown enough to be the backup and I doubt they're ready to give up on Lance yet. Jimmy should be pretty healthy by the end of the season and he'll be an unrestricted free agent so he'll be free to shop around the league and I can't really see the 49ers competing for him when they have Lance and Purdy on the roster. If Jimmy had led them to a superbowl it might be different but that's not happening now.

I think the real takeaway here is that the incredible SF D and running attack have obfuscated how much sub par QB play that they have been able to get away with in recent years.

I had the same thought. Seeing Purdy come in and do so well actually kind of hurts Jimmy's stock. Purdy still has plenty of opportunities to come back to earth and he probably will but when you see that you think "How hard can it really be to play QB in San Francisco?".

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
1670862407701.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if he's well past his prime on a struggling team, imagine how fucking awesome it must feel for your first NFL start to be a win against Tom Brady.

Bet it feels even better than two Super Bowl rings.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I have to admit I was having flashbacks of the Atlanta-New England superbowl in the second half and I bet Shanahan was too. Seemed like the clock was running at half speed the whole second half. Probably not many people in the NFL that haven't had their hopes and dreams crushed by Tom Brady over the last couple of decades.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Shanahan said something about an oblique injury, but Purdy brushed it off as nothing. Fuck, I really hope it is nothing.

Also, this chick is great.

I spend Sunday with ye olde aging parents (VRTUE SIGNAL +5,000)* so usually cant comment on game day anymore. WTF was this:
7424g8.jpg

* nah, it just reality, I bet a lot of folks here have parents and such that need looking after these days. It's the *real* simple life.