2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Brady is a Miami signing away from being a top tier QB again. I have to see him leave the sport before I believe he's bad. But yes, this year him and that team didn't qualify him as "top tier".
Right? And who was Rodgers throwing to this year? I seem to recall them trading Davante Adams away without providing Rodgers with another #1 receiving threat, the receivers they did have being banged up all season, and making nothing more than a half-assed attempt to grab Claypool at the trade deadline. Imagine looking at this season and thinking it meant Rodgers had fallen off.

Peyton's shockingly fast collapse is the aberration and it undoubtedly had to do with the severity of that neck injury. A steady obvious decline is the norm, and QBs generally retire before their play degrades to the point of turning them into an embarrassment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Brady had accuracy issues I’ve never seen him have before this year. Plenty of zing on the ball, but landing 1-3 yards in front of the receivers feet, a lot.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Mahomes looks just fine in practice. That's wild if he really suffered a high ankle sprain.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Brady had accuracy issues I’ve never seen him have before this year. Plenty of zing on the ball, but landing 1-3 yards in front of the receivers feet, a lot.
LOL tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football.

The guy had the most(by 34) passing attempts in the NFL, at 45, and still had just a cunt hair shy of 67% accuracy rate. Better than Lawrence, Rodgers, Goff, and Hurts. At 45. With a fucking joke of a HC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
even before Brady got there the Bucs receivers have had a pretty hefty case of retard and like to fuck routes up

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
even before Brady got there the Bucs receivers have had a pretty hefty case of retard and like to fuck routes up

Yeah history shows Evans, Godwin, Julio Jones, and Gage fucking suck.

• 2Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
LOL tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football.

The guy had the most(by 34) passing attempts in the NFL, at 45, and still had just a cunt hair shy of 67% accuracy rate. Better than Lawrence, Rodgers, Goff, and Hurts. At 45. With a fucking joke of a HC.

Not sure what accuracy rate is supposed to mean, but completion % and accuracy aren't the same thing.

Dak's one of the most inaccurate QBs I've ever seen but it mostly shows up as receivers having to stop their routes and go to the ball which kills any chance for a RAC.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Mahomes looks just fine in practice. That's wild if he really suffered a high ankle sprain.
He said he wasn't going to push himself all the way the first day in practice, gradually build up to it, so there still might be limitations, especially when in an unbalanced stance or just running and doing his crazy shit. But yeah, seems to be working out positively so far. Just pump him full of painkillers on Sunday!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what accuracy rate is supposed to mean, but completion % and accuracy aren't the same thing.

Dak's one of the most inaccurate QBs I've ever seen but it mostly shows up as receivers having to stop their routes and go to the ball which kills any chance for a RAC.
His accuracy is awful, but he’s blessed with some receivers that are good with their hands. CD lamb seems to scoop up all of his bullshit throws.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

According to that, Dak is 22nd in the league in bad throw percentage (with higher ranking being better, to be clear). Elite! It also seems fitting that Zach Wilson has the highest bad throw percentage. Somewhere, Saleh is still talking about the great future he has, heh.

Admittedly, some of that number is affected by play calling, but still.

Interestingly, Dak's tied for 33rd in the league for throwaways. #1 is Mahomes with 33. I suppose it's a skill to know when your best option is an incompletion.

Also fun aside, Burrow is #1 in batted balls thrown and the Chiefs defense is #1 in balls batted down.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Right? And who was Rodgers throwing to this year? I seem to recall them trading Davante Adams away without providing Rodgers with another #1 receiving threat, the receivers they did have being banged up all season, and making nothing more than a half-assed attempt to grab Claypool at the trade deadline. Imagine looking at this season and thinking it meant Rodgers had fallen off.

Peyton's shockingly fast collapse is the aberration and it undoubtedly had to do with the severity of that neck injury. A steady obvious decline is the norm, and QBs generally retire before their play degrades to the point of turning them into an embarrassment.

Pey Pey was having issues throwing 15 yard outs. His arm was noodle by that point.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

According to that, Dak is 22nd in the league in bad throw percentage (with higher ranking being better, to be clear). Elite! It also seems fitting that Zach Wilson has the highest bad throw percentage. Somewhere, Saleh is still talking about the great future he has, heh.

Admittedly, some of that number is affected by play calling, but still.

Interestingly, Dak's tied for 33rd in the league for throwaways. #1 is Mahomes with 33. I suppose it's a skill to know when your best option is an incompletion.

Or just be so shitty that even the advanced stats people think some of your routine passes are throwaways

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah history shows Evans, Godwin, Julio Jones, and Gage fucking suck.
This year? Yeah, I'd say they do!

That's the metric we're using, right?

Meant completion %, but fair enough that they aren't exactly the same thing.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This year? Yeah, I'd say they do!

That's the metric we're using, right?

Fine. I'll give the Niners defense credit for facing the elite QB of Brady that led the Bucs to having the second lowest scoring offense in the NFC. Great job.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pey Pey was having issues throwing 15 yard outs. His arm was noodle by that point.
His arm strength was never considered one of his selling points even going back to the scouting reports. Granted, those are the same scouting reports that said "he is not quite as natural a player as Leaf" and "he may be a solid and productive NFL QB, but he may not have Hall of Fame type skills".

The first couple games of the 2012 season made it clear that the neck injury/surgery gutted the arm strength he had, in particular that game against the Falcons where he tossed 3 picks in the first quarter. There were certain passes that just could not be part of the playbook anymore because he couldn't get the zip on them anymore. It's a credit to his adaptability that he was able to adapt well enough to his new limitations that he could still squeeze another couple years of elite level play out of his body before there just wasn't anything left.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I heard some discussion of Peyton's last couple of years and whether the team would have been better off with another QB and the guy who answered the question said something along the lines of "Peyton knew exactly where the ball was supposed to go on every play. Now maybe he was praying "Please God help me get it there", but he knew where it was supposed to go better than anyone."

• 1Like