2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mahomes looks just fine in practice. That's wild if he really suffered a high ankle sprain.

I won't believe he's close to 100% unless he's out there scrambling like nothing is wrong this weekend. Not that's a huge part of his game, but usually picks up 3 or 4 big first downs that way.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I won't believe he's close to 100% unless he's out there scrambling like nothing is wrong this weekend. Not that's a huge part of his game, but usually picks up 3 or 4 big first downs that way.
It's really more about his maneuverability and throws outside the pocket than picking up running yards. In the second half of the game against the Jags, he had zero throws outside the pocket. That's a category he led the league in, so that's a pretty massive shift in playstyle.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
1674708508446.png

• 11Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The whole "story" is dumb anyway, except for the memes.

"The twosome, who were first linked in 2020, is said to have split around March of last year."

Amazing work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

How to continually stay bad 101. Wonder if they go hard after Rodgers now.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Not necessarily a bad hire. I think he was a decent enough OC, just a terrible Head Coach.

I suppose time will tell.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's really more about his maneuverability and throws outside the pocket than picking up running yards. In the second half of the game against the Jags, he had zero throws outside the pocket. That's a category he led the league in, so that's a pretty massive shift in playstyle.

Definitely another part of his game that was lacking, but I was just talking about him actually looking 100%. I could still see him be a little more mobile to get out of the pocket to extend plays this week with a week of treatment, but full out scrambling I don't expect to see him back to normal until maybe Super Bowl (if the get there) with a high ankle sprain.

Guess they slightly got the benefit of an "extra day" of rest playing Sat last week, fwiw.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

A very pleasant surprise. I'm guessing this is him looking at the available jobs, and realizing McCarthy might have another year + Jones opening the pocket-book. Still, the Cowboys aren't taking a step forward without a new QB.

I wonder if Sean Payton will wait another year as well for a potential Chargers & Cowboys job to open.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
New Orleans made it pretty clear that if Carolina wanted Payton the price was gonna be higher than other locations. That said, I could see Payton staying at FOX to stay in LA and see what happens next year.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ve loving the Draft king and Fan duel promos they got going on this week.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
i see the "this guy was terrible last year - Lets hire him so he can be terrible here next year" season has started !

LOL at Panthers and Jets....

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like DeMeco Ryans may be heading to Houston after this year. Hopefully the 49ers have another DC lined up, because we have been lucky to have Saleh and then him.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Its Insane to me that they can and will interview Coaches the day of the playoff game......

No hiring or interviews should be allowed until after the super bowl. Being dogshit and firing your coaches early should not be an advantage.

Let coaches focus on the playoffs FFS

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, I totally agree with you there. I know DeMeco actually cancelled 2 of the ones he had scheduled ahead of the game against the Cowboys because he wanted to focus on the game. Would be nice that coaching hires was handled similar to free agency, and that you can't talk to a coach that is actively still working in the season.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya I thought it was odd the Niners AGM accepted the Titans GM before they even finished shitting on the Seahawks.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like DeMeco Ryans may be heading to Houston after this year. Hopefully the 49ers have another DC lined up, because we have been lucky to have Saleh and then him.
Thank God, get that motherfucker off the 49ers. No way Dak Prescott can complete passes while playing against a competent DC!

I loved watching DeMeco back with Alabama back in the day, back before Saban when they were just another program.