marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tua was released and is traveling back home with the team, good sign

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
When the announcers came back from a break and announced that Tua was at the hospital and had movement in all extremities I gave it a 50/50 shot that when they started that announcement, that they would be announcing that he died. That was an unsettling thing to watch. Especially seeing that he clearly was not ready to play football after last weeks concussion.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm hoping Miami sits Tua for at least a couple of weeks even if he clears all the tests just to be safe. Next two games are @Jets and Vikings. Not guaranteed, but definitely winnable with Teddy.

Edit: Also I can see how Zac Taylor and his playcalling is the weak link of the Bengals.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When the announcers came back from a break and announced that Tua was at the hospital and had movement in all extremities I gave it a 50/50 shot that when they started that announcement, that they would be announcing that he died. That was an unsettling thing to watch. Especially seeing that he clearly was not ready to play football after last weeks concussion.
Uh, fencing responses aren't some life and death thing. It's a sure indicator of a concussion but they happen most of the time when someone gets knocked out cleanly. Rare to see in football because knock-outs aren't very common and even then you have to land flat on your back or it won't be obvious. Like when Bridgewater got KOd by that cheap shot from the Rams several years ago he was probably trying to fence but ended up on his front.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since Tua is flying back with the team, I look forward to him starting next week. I just hope those pesky back and ankle injuries clear up soon.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Uh, fencing responses aren't some life and death thing. It's a sure indicator of a concussion but they happen most of the time when someone gets knocked out cleanly. Rare to see in football because knock-outs aren't very common and even then you have to land flat on your back or it won't be obvious. Like when Bridgewater got KOd by that cheap shot from the Rams several years ago he was probably trying to fence but ended up on his front.
Certainly, the fencing response isn't going to be what would have killed him ya fruitloop. But more likely the massive amount of blunt force trauma to his brain that caused the fencing response might cause some potentially life-threatening damage.

EDIT: And if your next response is that no one has ever died from blunt force trauma to the head well then I need to tell you to stop eating paint chips.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Certainly, the fencing response isn't going to be what would have killed him ya fruitloop. But more likely the massive amount of blunt force trauma to his brain that caused the fencing response might cause some potentially life-threatening damage.

EDIT: And if your next response is that no one has ever died from blunt force trauma to the head well then I need to tell you to stop eating paint chips.
Did you really read what I posted and think I was talking about just the fencing response itself and not the TBI that caused it?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Tua also has an injured back, which probably isn't good for someone who isn't known for his arm strength. I'm sure he'll play but I'm betting the discomfort will affect him at least a bit.

As for Miami's defense giving the Bills fits, I don't see Burrow getting rattled as easy as Allen, who made some BAD throws Sunday, but was fortunate that Miami's defenders had stone hands and didn't make him pay for it:

Enjoy this post. Your quarterback is now retarded.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Enjoy this post. Your quarterback is now retarded.

Retarded QBs have done some impressive things.

5A004E66-3695-4F33-A044-F247346D393E.jpeg

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Pretty sure his point was that fencing responses are pretty common and don't indicate anything other than a standard concussion

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean, it's a joke and all, but it's honestly not going that much differently than what Dak was doing that first year. Winning games, not turning over the ball, throwing high percentage passes.

Two huge differences.
1. Dak's lack of turnovers was because he was lucky. At least 3 times a game he had a shitty throw that went through a defender's hands. Rush isn't doing that.
2. Dak was not checking out of plays at all that first year. Maybe that was the OC's fault. Rush was in control when he came in week 1.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Two huge differences.
1. Dak's lack of turnovers was because he was lucky. At least 3 times a game he had a shitty throw that went through a defender's hands. Rush isn't doing that.
2. Dak was not checking out of plays at all that first year. Maybe that was the OC's fault. Rush was in control when he came in week 1.

Dak also had a MUCH better offensive line, receivers, and a better version of Zeke

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So the jags vs eagles game seems a lot more interesting with how the jags have looked last couple weeks.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Dak also had a MUCH better offensive line, receivers, and a better version of Zeke

I don't know about the o-line. This group has been surprisingly solid and we're due to get some top tier players back soon.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't know about the o-line. This group has been surprisingly solid and we're due to get some top tier players back soon.

Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Ronald Leary, Collins, and Zack Martin was a much better lineup than this year. Only 2 still around are Tyron Smith who's always injured and Zack Martin, who's somehow still dominant

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Did you really read what I posted and think I was talking about just the fencing response itself and not the TBI that caused it?
Uh, fencing responses aren't some life and death thing.
Gee I wonder how I could have arrived at such a thought.

I certainly wouldn't say fencing responses are typical in knock outs. Seen plenty of knock outs in real life and in boxing and MMA. They usually are a sign of a VERY severe concussion. In almost all case that person is going to the hospital and runs the risk of TBI, brain bleeding or swelling which can certainly be life threatening. If someone gets laid out cold they normally would wake back up in a minute or two and not need immediate medical attention. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.