2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm just going to hop on the, this is stupid, bandwagon. Trading that much draft capital, for an injury riddled RB, to an an injury riddled team, is fucking stupid.

Really hope they prove me wrong, but holy fuck I have serious doubts this turns out anything but disastrous.

Luckily for me I already gave up on the season after the Denver game.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who gives a fuck what they gave up, they basically got him for a 2nd, 4th and a 5th, as they got TWO 3rd rd picks for Saleh and Half Black McDaniel. And they at least still have a 3rd round selection in 2023 draft.

Look what the Rams did....it worked for them. I like it, until he gets injured, but until then this is an incredible pull. CmC just turned 26, hes in his prime.

Edit: Also, perhaps more importantly, hes under contract with the 49ers through the 2025 season, so this isnt a rent a player type situation.

Last edited:

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
26 isn’t prime for RB they begin showing noticeable decline at 27 years old. But that being said I agree IF he remains healthy and they use him to win it’s worth it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riot
You jinxed yourself again by talking down on us Chiefs fans bro lol.

Might as well roll up on Mischief with me and make some alts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
26 isn’t prime for RB they begin showing noticeable decline at 27 years old. But that being said I agree IF he remains healthy and they use him to win it’s worth it.
I agree, if he stays healthy. His history coupled with the 49ers over the last few years, just doesn't give me much hope for that. No I don't at all care about the draft picks, I just don't trust the health.

I really want to be wrong.
1666361667643.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
"Injury Prone" and "Cursed Team" are both superstitious bullshit. I know sports fans love that shit, but you can't make decisions that way. Everyone in the NFL gets injured. Remember that Frank Gore was considered "injury prone" coming out of college and he played until he was 37 and then took up boxing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
"Injury Prone" and "Cursed Team" are both superstitious bullshit. I know sports fans love that shit, but you can't make decisions that way. Everyone in the NFL gets injured. Remember that Frank Gore was considered "injury prone" coming out of college and he played until he was 37 and then took up boxing.

Cursed team is certainly superstitious bullshit, but there have been a number of examples throughout sports history who haven't been able to stay on the field or court. Players being prone to injury is absolutely a thing - especially reaggravating injuries previously sustained.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Ill give the panthers credit, huge haul for a great RB but by the time they are ready to even try to contend he would be 31 or 32

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Cursed team is certainly superstitious bullshit, but there have been a number of examples throughout sports history who haven't been able to stay on the field or court. Players being prone to injury is absolutely a thing - especially reaggravating injuries previously sustained.

More often than not man RB's flame out/injure early for obvious reasons. Especially those that are on losing teams and go hard as fuck like CM.

I think Carolina made the smart decision here personally. Got a decent amount for him.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I really thought I'd be the one in here with the cope posts but the Niners pulled the trigger instead.

I think he definitely fits into helping one of if not the best defenses in the league win regular season games.

I just wonder like everyone else can a RB take a seasons worth of punishment, including the playoffs, and bring home the trophy.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I agree, if he stays healthy. His history coupled with the 49ers over the last few years, just doesn't give me much hope for that. No I don't at all care about the draft picks, I just don't trust the health.

I really want to be wrong.
It's just a pretty big haul to give up for something that doesn't seem like a huge need on offense. Don't get me wrong, he's better than any RB the 49ers have, but he's not a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick better than Elijah Mitchell - throw in the injury issues and it looks even worse.

The only thing I figure is that Lynch/Shanahan want to move on completely from Mitchell and don't feel like he can stay healthy(which is kind of lol, considering who they picked up).
You jinxed yourself again by talking down on us Chiefs fans bro lol.

Might as well roll up on Mischief with me and make some alts.
I'm there in an instant if they ever relax truebox.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Niners fans gonna be so bored at next few drafts

I don’t think this will work out like they want it to, that being said I have CMC in fantasy so very happy he is outbid Carolina.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
See - I don't think his fantasy value necessarily increases. There are a LOT of mouths to feed there in SF. His value (especially in ppr or half point ppr) goes from 35 touches a game to potentially touchdown dependent.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't see how anyone can look at the past several years of the 49ers and think that 'cursed team' is somehow superstition and not just an objective assessment of reality.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>

There's such a thing as a nagging injury, but I think it's a bitch ass reaction to your team picking up one of the best players in the league to go "Oh no now he's going to get injured, woe is me". Daezuel Daezuel 's crybaby attitude is infecting this whole thread.

Niners fans gonna be so bored at next few drafts

It's really just next year. 2024 we won't have a first rounder but that's the end of what's been traded away.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Don't get me wrong, he's better than any RB the 49ers have, but he's not a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round pick better than Elijah Mitchell

Elijah Mitchell is a mediocre talent that Shanahan made look like a star just like Mostert was. We haven't seen Shanahan's offense with a real elite running back in it, especially one that catches the ball as well as McCaffrey.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You will have to produce some extraordinary evidence to convince anyone in this thread that you aren't a crybaby.
How about you consistently post the worst takes on this forum as evidence?

I'll take it as a compliment from your nfc championship loser mouth breathing ass.

• 1Salty