2022-23 NFL Season : Herbert's march to Glendale

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I was going to ask what's up with that screwy windup but realized she still throws better than Lamar.
Yeah her windup is weird, but she's a chick so...

1672183793919.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Carr done with the raiders, only reason to bench him is to avoid injury before they cut him and not pay him $40m next year

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like it will be Josh Dobbs rather than Malik Willis for the Titans tonight. It's a meaningless game for the Titans tonight, everything for them is winning next week against the jags.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
No. But if they win tonight and tie next week they’d get it over the jags (if they jags lose this week). However, playing hard this week on the off chance of a tie next week seems silly.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Is there no scenario where a win tonight and a loss against the Jags still leaves them with a shot at the final wild card slot?

Fow what I've read, no, as it should be. A loss tonight and a win next week still puts an 8-9 loser into the playoffs. NFL is getting almost as bad as the NBA with their expanded playoffs. Should be top 5 teams and the Dolphins and top 5 and the 49'ers (am I reading this thread right?) in the other conference.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
what others have said but it also has to do with the Jags holding the tie breaker right now, it's definitely confusing as fuck these days

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess that even in a scenario where all the remaining wildcard contenders are 8-9, it's already known that neither franchise would win on tie-breaks. And winning out takes you out of wildcard contention because you secured the division.

Kind of a funny scenario where the 6-9 Raiders can still secure the last wildcard slot but two teams with a better record can't.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fow what I've read, no, as it should be. A loss tonight and a win next week still puts an 8-9 loser into the playoffs. NFL is getting almost as bad as the NBA with their expanded playoffs. Should be top 5 teams and the Dolphins and top 5 and the 49'ers (am I reading this thread right?) in the other conference.

Actually the expanded playoffs is allowing more good teams into the playoffs. The South divisions suck hard and the winners are leading to these loser teams getting into the playoffs. This would happen regardless of the size of the playoffs. This year extra teams from better divisions are able to qualify. I definitely see the four seeds in both conferences getting "upset" in the Wild Card round.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Actually the expanded playoffs is allowing more good teams into the playoffs. The South divisions suck hard and the winners are leading to these loser teams getting into the playoffs. This would happen regardless of the size of the playoffs. This year extra teams from better divisions are able to qualify. I definitely see the four seeds in both conferences getting "upset" in the Wild Card round.

Not sure if you didn’t get the joke but if the 6 top teams get in, that’s obviously putting in….the top 6 teams. Also obviously, if there are 6 teams with a better record at the end of season, neither TN or Jax get in. Capishe?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not sure if you didn’t get the joke but if the 6 top teams get in, that’s obviously putting in….the top 6 teams. Also obviously, if there are 6 teams with a better record at the end of season, neither TN or Jax get in. Capishe?

Divisions should always matter. Otherwise the Week 18 division matchups are just games like any other. And that's not fun. They should be like pre-playoff games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Divisions should always matter. Otherwise the Week 18 division matchups are just games like any other. And that's not fun. They should be like pre-playoff games.

But they aren’t fun except for their fan bases. This week TN is sitting almost everyone to prep for next week. When they play next week, a bad TN team will try to beat an average Jax team without their starting QB. Many years a bad Miami team and a playoff bound Pats team played for absolutely nothing. What are the Broncos and Chiefs playing for in Week 18?Fun!? Fun like watching the Guaranteed Rate Bowl.

Last edited: