2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man Daez is going to be unbearable for the next two weeks.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Man Daez is going to be unbearable for the next two weeks.
I always am, how is this any different?

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Niners are and were a playoff calibre team, but Jimmy has very little to do with that. Pretty sure they will be just fine with the new guy next year.
Responding here so we don't keep shitting up the "winners circle" thread.

This is the one thing that the 49er fans have to lay their hats on. The organization is in a really good spot. This isn't your '04-'10 49ers, where the franchise as a whole was just a complete fucking disaster. We have a good coach, we have a solid GM, our DLine is incredible (PAY D.J. Jones, Lynch!), our safeties are solid, our CBs showed promise (we need more depth, however) - I really like Mosely for some reason and I think Thomas showed promise, despite making rookie mistakes(which is expected).

On the offensive side, Deebo is probably one of the top 3-5 WRs in the NFL, Kittle is one of the two best TEs, Aiyuk is showing a LOT of promise as a WR2, hell even Jennings had his moments as WR3. By far the best receiving core we've had since the days of Rice, Taylor, J.J. Stokes, Brent Jones, etc. Eli Mitchell came out of NOWHERE as a rookie and did so well I don't even care if they dumped Mostert (in fact, I think they should try so we can lockup other players). Trent Williams is probably the best LT in football and is locked up for a while, Compton filled in really well at RT and IMO played better than McGlinchey usually does, and the only real key to the OL now is to get Tomlinson signed - otherwise, OL is in a great spot too.

If I'm Lynch, I dump Gould (he's reliable as fuck, but he's an aging kicker that is hurt almost every season, can't really hit anything beyond 45ish reliably, and his "bang for your buck" value just isn't there anymore IMO), I dump Mostert, and I dump Jimmy G. Use that money to lockup guys like Jones, Deebo, and Tomlinson. Then draft a bunch of DB depth in the draft, maybe you find a stud, and grab some OL/DL depth as well.

The "long-term" future of this team is even brighter than those Harbaugh teams, IMO.
The NFC East has more Super Bowl wins in the last decade than the NFC West.

In fact, they're the Super Bowl winningest division in the entire NFC
LOL this dude is SO fuckin' salty his trash organization that hasn't done anything relevant in 30 years got one-and-doned by Jimmy fucking Garoppolo. Sucks to suck. I hope Jerry lives to be 158.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

So weird with the Jags right now. I assume the ditching Baalke stuff had no truth to it, shame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL this dude is SO fuckin' salty his trash organization that hasn't done anything relevant in 30 years got one-and-doned by Jimmy fucking Garoppolo. Sucks to suck. I hope Jerry lives to be 158.
Cowboys are the reason the cap is a thing, too. The closest they have gotten to the big dance since Jerry could stop buying wins was when Romo fucked off to go bang Jessica Simpson for a week instead of preparing for the NFCCG. Take away two Eli luck out wins and the Eagles finally getting one and that entire division has been dogshit since the mid 80s. They are the Al Bundy division, living on past memberries.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Responding here so we don't keep shitting up the "winners circle" thread.

This is the one thing that the 49er fans have to lay their hats on. The organization is in a really good spot. This isn't your '04-'10 49ers, where the franchise as a whole was just a complete fucking disaster. We have a good coach, we have a solid GM, our DLine is incredible (PAY D.J. Jones, Lynch!), our safeties are solid, our CBs showed promise (we need more depth, however) - I really like Mosely for some reason and I think Thomas showed promise, despite making rookie mistakes(which is expected).

On the offensive side, Deebo is probably one of the top 3-5 WRs in the NFL, Kittle is one of the two best TEs, Aiyuk is showing a LOT of promise as a WR2, hell even Jennings had his moments as WR3. By far the best receiving core we've had since the days of Rice, Taylor, J.J. Stokes, Brent Jones, etc. Eli Mitchell came out of NOWHERE as a rookie and did so well I don't even care if they dumped Mostert (in fact, I think they should try so we can lockup other players). Trent Williams is probably the best LT in football and is locked up for a while, Compton filled in really well at RT and IMO played better than McGlinchey usually does, and the only real key to the OL now is to get Tomlinson signed - otherwise, OL is in a great spot too.

If I'm Lynch, I dump Gould (he's reliable as fuck, but he's an aging kicker that is hurt almost every season, can't really hit anything beyond 45ish reliably, and his "bang for your buck" value just isn't there anymore IMO), I dump Mostert, and I dump Jimmy G. Use that money to lockup guys like Jones, Deebo, and Tomlinson. Then draft a bunch of DB depth in the draft, maybe you find a stud, and grab some OL/DL depth as well.

The "long-term" future of this team is even brighter than those Harbaugh teams, IMO.

Besides Dallas having won 3 Super Bowls within the last 30 years?

You're trying to make points, but keep fucking up the timelines.

Have the 9ers won a Super Bowl more or less recently than Dallas?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Cowboys are the reason the cap is a thing, too. The closest they have gotten to the big dance since Jerry could stop buying wins was when Romo fucked off to go bang Jessica Simpson for a week instead of preparing for the NFCCG. Take away two Eli luck out wins and the Eagles finally getting one and that entire division has been dogshit since the mid 80s. They are the Al Bundy division, living on past memberries.
Eh, the had a moment there in the late 80s - early 90s where New York, Philly, Dallas, and Washington were all pretty much playoff teams/contenders. But, they've been absolute ass since then, I agree.
Besides Dallas having won 3 Super Bowls within the last 30 years?

You're trying to make points, but keep fucking up the timelines.

Have the 9ers won a Super Bowl more or less recently than Dallas?
Oh, while we're clinging to irrelevant bullshit, who has as many SB appearances as the Cowboys have TOTAL playoff wins in the past decade?

I'll give you a hint - they just smoked you in the Wild Card round.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Eh, the had a moment there in the late 80s - early 90s where New York, Philly, Dallas, and Washington were all pretty much playoff teams/contenders. But, they've been absolute ass since then, I agree.

Oh, while we're clinging to irrelevant bullshit, who has as many SB appearances as the Cowboys have TOTAL playoff wins in the past decade?

I'll give you a hint - they just smoked you in the Wild Card round.

Disregards Super Bowl victories as irrelevant, brags about winning Wild Card round

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Disregards Super Bowl victories as irrelevant, brags about winning Wild Card round
Disregards franchise history, brags about shit his team did 30 years ago. Wild Card round victories are ALL you have since then, so I understand why your new cope is to move the goalposts to irrelevant bullshit like, "I SED SUPERB OWL WINS 3 DECADES AGO LOLOLOL!".

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
the only NFC East team that was consistently dominant this century was the Eagles under Reid

• 3Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disregards franchise history, brags about shit his team did 30 years ago. Wild Card round victories are ALL you have since then, so I understand why your new cope is to move the goalposts to irrelevant bullshit like, "I SED SUPERB OWL WINS 3 DECADES AGO LOLOLOL!".
We won wild card games?!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You're the one that brought up with the 30 year measuring stick.

Stop being blatantly wrong and you'll stop getting called out on it

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You're the one that brought up with the 30 year measuring stick.

Stop being blatantly wrong and you'll stop getting called out on it
I wasn't bragging about what my team did 30 years ago, you were. I was making a factual statement that your shitass franchise hasn't been relevant for almost 30 fuckin' years. It wasn't a "measuring stick" until you made it one, because your brain is desperately searching for a cope to convince itself your team hasn't been a dumpster organization for 3 decades now.

Stop being a shit franchise and you'll stop getting called out on it.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I wasn't bragging about what my team did 30 years ago, you were. I was making a factual statement that your shitass franchise hasn't been relevant for almost 30 fuckin' years. It wasn't a "measuring stick" until you made it one, because your brain is desperately searching for a cope to convince itself your team hasn't been a dumpster organization for 3 decades now.

Stop being a shit franchise and you'll stop getting called out on it.

Nah man, you tried to say the NFC West was the most successful division in the NFC for the last 10 years so I proved you wrong.

You then moved the goalposts to say the Cowboys hadn't won anything important in 30 years, despite the 3 super bowl victories. Then you come out and move the goalposts again saying "almost 30 years ago" means nothing.

All your own measuring sticks that I'm slam dunking you on.

Maybe know wtf you're talking about and you won't get clowned

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fun fact:

Kyle Shanahan in the 4th quarter as a coach or OC has been outscored 53-0. Maybe Jimmy G isnt...nah he is. But Shanahan doesn't help!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You then moved the goalposts to say the Cowboys hadn't won anything important in 30 years, despite the 3 super bowl victories. Then you come out and move the goalposts again saying "almost 30 years ago" means nothing.
I said they haven't been RELEVANT in 30 years, nobody mentioned fuck about their SBs until your desperate attempt for relevancy injected the, "HURRR DUR WE WUN SUPER BOWLS BECAUSE SEIFERT WAS AN IDIOT WHO COULDN'T UNDERSTAND CHARLES HALEY IS JUST A WEIRD DUDE, TRADED HIM AWAY, AND GIFTED US 3 RINGS!!!!" talking point.

As far as you thinking the NFC LEast has been more relevant than the NFC West in the past 10 years?

Between Jan. 31st 2012 - Jan. 31st 2022..

NFC Least - 16 playoff games, 7-9 record, 1 NFCCG appearance, 2 Super Bowl appearances (drops to 1 in 6 days), 2 Super Bowl wins (drops to 1 in 6 days).

NFC Best - 37 playoff games, 24-17 record, 7 NFCCG appearances, 6 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win.

CLEARLY THE NFC LEAST IS BETTER!!! When you hand out all those meter maid speeding tickets of yours, do you often get them dismissed in court because you're dogshit at math?

• 1Like