2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't really think numbers are the best way to compare football players because it's such a team sport. Part of the reason for Jimmy's weak numbers is that Shanahan was absolutely raping the Packers and Vikings with the running game in 2019 and there was just no reason to throw the ball. I think if you put Alex and Jimmy on the same team playing the same opponent, you would expect pretty similar results. They are both competent QBs on a good team. Neither of them is really able to elevate their team or cover up weaknesses on their team in the way that a real elite QB can.
There's some of that... But I don't think you can explain away the turnovers in the same way.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alex Smith is 2-5 in the playoffs with 3 1 and outs, Jimmy G is 4-2 with his losses coming in the Super Bowl and the Conference Championship. Yes Jimmy seems to have a serious hot/cold problem, but you guys are flailing to try and make him seem worse than he is.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
lol, Jimmy scored 6 fucking points against the Packers in that win this year. He's terrible and has a great team/coach around him. (I mean great coach outside of his late meltdowns in playoff games, imagine not going for a 4th and 2 on the opponents side of the field in a playoff game, and McStupid said he'd do the same thing)

He had like 2 good plays against the Rams, one was a fucking screen to Deebo that I could have thrown.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Go watch the '11 Giants/49ers NFCCG and tell me Alex Smith is WAAAAAY better than Jimmy G come playoff time.

BrutulTM BrutulTM is right for once. I think you can expect about the same level of performance, if you put them on the same team. Alex might take "care" of the football a little better, which has its own usefulness. But, there are a lot of throws he won't ever make that Jimmy can/does.

Jimmy's game comes with more risk, but also more potential reward. Smith's game is very "safe", but is unlikely to ever get you points quickly.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jimmy G is a huge reason the 49ers dont have 6 super bowl wins and maybe a 7th.

The overthrow to Sanders and then the bad picks this year and overthrow to Kittle on 1st drive last week. Fuck that guy.

Do the 49ers win the SB in 2019 with Alex Smith at QB? I say yes.

Would they have won this year? I say he could of. Jimmy G is one of the most protected QB's Ive ever seen in terms of fans and media giving him a pass for being below average. He should of been talked about like a Trent Dilfer type QB with this 49er team.

I tried saying Shanahan had his issues and he grew over the course of the season, but again, why didnt Deebo Samuel get the ball in the 4th quarter? Basically no touches on 11 or 12 plays. They lived and died by Deebo the whole playoffs and season but then dont give it to him when it counts most. He would of dragged that team to the Super Bowl if they would of just let him.

But no. Kyle gets cute when the pressure is high. Hopefully he will learn but I doubt it.

My only hope now is he must be so hungry for a title. He has been denied a super bowl in gutting ways multiple times, if there is any head coach that has the drive to win it all its Kyle.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I circled the funniest part.

lmao.PNG

• 3Worf
  • 2Touchdown
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity