2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That makes the Culley firing even more dumb. Guy should of received an award for what he did with that team.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just don't get why, if a team wants to pander to the wokeness, that they don't get Negrobot in interviews. The dude is the only man alive in the last half a century with a winning record as a head coach in fucking Detroit. Caldwell is a god damn miracle worker, imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What's even crazier is I am like 90% sure they were going to hire Josh McCown if the Flores stuff hadn't happened.
And that would have been as dumb. Guy was a high school coach for a year or two and he's going to jump into the NFL based on that and his career as mostly a backup? I'm not sure there's precedent for that in the NFL.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Woah look at this white

1334200740.jpg

bearded guy!

That is a magnificent beard. If I was playing football I would definitely be inspired by that.

• 1Like

Animosity

And that would have been as dumb. Guy was a high school coach for a year or two and he's going to jump into the NFL based on that and his career as mostly a backup? I'm not sure there's precedent for that in the NFL.
Agreed. At least become a QB's coach or something for a year. If the team is good, people will think your a genius and hire you no questions asked.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
As long as Easterby and Caserio are making decisions, they will non stop hire coaches who will be very fireable to insulate themselves from blame as long as possible.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it's just a negotiating gambit. "Give me my extension now (instead of next year) or I will not do anything to help the Cardinals brand." kind of thing.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That would be my guess too. Just trying to get the fans excited so the Cardinals won't play hardball on the contract.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's just a negotiating gambit. "Give me my extension now (instead of next year) or I will not do anything to help the Cardinals brand." kind of thing.
SEASON (TEAM)STARTFINISHFINAL RECORD
2013 (Texas Tech)7-01-58-5
2014 (Texas Tech)2-02-84-8
2015 (Texas Tech)5-22-47-6
2016 (Texas Tech)3-12-65-7
2017 (Texas Tech)4-12-66-7
2018 (Texas Tech)5-20-55-7
2019 (Cardinals)3-3-12-75-10-1
2020 (Cardinals)6-32-58-8
2021 (Cardinals)7-04-611-6

It's a mystery why the dude was even given a shot in the NFL in the first place considering that he was mediocre at best at Texas Tech, but look at those records. Literally every season of football this guy has ever coached his team starts strong and falls apart. If it were just a couple occurrences then you could chalk it up to bad luck but it's a 100% consistent trend through NINE years of football.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is ignoring that most college programs don’t play real opponents until game 4. Depending on his Big 12 scheduling, most if not all of this good opponents wouldn’t be played until the second half of the year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That is ignoring that most college programs don’t play real opponents until game 4. Depending on his Big 12 scheduling, most if not all of this good opponents wouldn’t be played until the second half of the year.
Yeah and Murray missed some games this season and yadda yadda. Nine years dude. Nine seasons, nine collapses.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Numbers can and do lie about quarterbacks, but there's no explaining away this...

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Doesn't sound good
Sounds even worse the more you hear. Dude may actually get some jail time.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Guess cops showed up at the stadium and he was arrested just after the game ended yesterday. Having a team and events in Vegas was/is a great idea.

• 1Like

Animosity

Vegas want hard last weekend. NHL All Star game and NFL Pro Bowl at the same time. I would be shocked if nothing happened.