2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, and Josh Allen are all under 26. If you are a fan of an AFC team and these guys arent your QB you might want to stock up on alcohol for the next decade.

Even if Mac Jones, Tua, Wilson, Lawrence etc. end up between serviceable to very good, you would likely end up in a playoff buzzsaw with a very good chance playing against 2 of these QBs, possibly even 3. You still have to go out and play the games, but the odds of drafting and/or developing other AFC QB's to make it through all that to the Super Bowl is kind of sobering.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Outside of maybe Jones, those teams need to learn to make the playoffs first, as great Hebert is, that includes him.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Rumor going around that FOX wants to grab Payton because Aikman is gonna bolt to Amazon to do Thursday night games with Al Michaels next year. Amazon gets Thursday nights exclusively next year

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Vontaze Burfict will play in an NFL game before Antonio Brown ever does again.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would anyone give Dan Quinn the time of day ever again for the HC position? Even if it was against Brady, he suffered one of the most humiliating losses in Super Bowl history and would have ended his career below 500 if they hadn't fired him when they did.

• 4Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, and Josh Allen are all under 26. If you are a fan of an AFC team and these guys arent your QB you might want to stock up on alcohol for the next decade.

Even if Mac Jones, Tua, Wilson, Lawrence etc. end up between serviceable to very good, you would likely end up in a playoff buzzsaw with a very good chance playing against 2 of these QBs, possibly even 3. You still have to go out and play the games, but the odds of drafting and/or developing other AFC QB's to make it through all that to the Super Bowl is kind of sobering.
Meh you take way the Patriots/Brady dominance and you have a good amount of rings going to mediocre offensive teams the last 20 years

Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Seattle, bucs, and even the Superbowl Manning won with broncos was a terrible offense.

Hell Patriots defense was badass during Brady's early years. People forget Patriots defense had Mike Vabril, Teddy Bruschi,Willie McGinnis, Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, Richard Seymour, ty warren. That defense was fucking ridiculous the early 2000 they won those 3 superbowls

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Vontaze Burfict will play in an NFL game before Antonio Brown ever does again.

What kind of shitty attention whore owner would ever sign a player with that kind of baggage just cause they're a big name?

1365021001.0.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Why would anyone give Dan Quinn the time of day ever again for the HC position? Even if it was against Brady, he suffered one of the most humiliating losses in Super Bowl history and would have ended his career below 500 if they hadn't fired him when they did.

Chiefs fans can rest knowing the coaching situation in Denver won't get better.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
You realize Sean McVay was just up 27-3 with 7 mins to go in the 3rd and nearly blew the same lead (Falcons were up 28-3 at halftime). I don't think anyone would question giving McVay another head coaching job somewhere else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You realize Sean McVay was just up 27-3 with 7 mins to go in the 3rd and nearly blew the same lead (Falcons were up 28-3 at halftime). I don't think anyone would question giving McVay another head coaching job somewhere else.
Yeah I wonder if there's a reason I also mentioned Quinn's record, which was a single game north of 500 when the Falcons shitcanned him after his 0-5 start last season. Doesn't really compare to McVay's 55-26 regular season record.

Also Daezuel Daezuel this does not count as me defending McVay, he still sucks.

• 4Worf

Homsar

Also interesting stat I didn't know about with MVP winners, all that made it to the Superbowl the the last 20 years lost. Makes sense since QBs get the award but defense win championships

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220124-221004~2.png
    Screenshot_20220124-221004~2.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 3Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am curious as to when he will be a head coach again, he is under contract till the 2024 season with the Saints. Whatever team wants him before that is going to have to compensate the Saints

Last edited:

Animosity

I am curious as to when he will be a head coach again, he is under contract till the 2024 season with the Saints. Whatever team wants him before that is going to have to compensate the Saints
No they wont. Thats almost literally never happened in sports. He did more than enough for the Saints for them to let him out of it and gets him off their cap hit.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user