2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hey Kirun, how are you feeling about Jimmy G now?
Eastern Illinois University GIF by EIU

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How bout we split that 10 for 2 5's!?!

ap_browns_garcia_2501319.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fimagn-images%2F2022%2F01%2F13362483-850x560.jpeg
Don't make me laugh. Even Alex was a better 49er QB than that turd and Alex was fucking burnt asshole for the first 5 seasons of his career. Alex's win over the fucking behemoth team the Saints had in '11 is about 30x more impressive than Garcia leading a comeback over Kerry fuckin' Collins.

• 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe that's true, but also think of this. With the absolute sorry state of QB's in the NFC, Jimmy G is a top 5 NFC QB.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Matthew Stafford
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jimmy G

If you think the list is wrong, just name another current NFC QB who is better.
I won't even disagree with you (maybe Lance will be, obviously jury is still out), but that doesn't automatically open up a trade spot for him. If the 49ers just cut him, he will sign on somewhere I am quite sure.

My main point was the longer he stays around, the longer it is a distraction to the rest of the team. If Lance is their future (as Shanahan has stated multiple times), you need to move on from Jimmy G and let the stories now be about Lance.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Does Shanahan think Lance can get them to and beyond the conference championship with the team as is? If the answer is no, seems like a no brainer to keep Jimmy G

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If Jimmy G is the starting QB for the 49ers this year Im taking a year off.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Jameis should of hired Cousins agent. Mariota should be on the phone with him right now

Shit, I want to hire him. Do you think he represents plant workers?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Is Jimmy going to be healed up this year? If not that's perfect for the niners. Sit on him for a year and next year people will forget all his faults and pay top draft pick for him.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is Jimmy going to be healed up this year? If not that's perfect for the niners. Sit on him for a year and next year people will forget all his faults and pay top draft pick for him.
I wouldn't be shocked to see the 49ers start Lance, "see what they have", and then play/shop Jimmy during the season. Depending on Trey's performance and Jimmy's "health".

Shanahan notoriously doesn't trust "rookies"/young talent and it shows with how he manages new players.

Jozu

The problem is the 49er are like stuck in 2007 mindset where they sit their rookie for a year or 2 instead of maximizing your rookie QB's deal and winning before you have to pay him. They are holding onto Jimmy for picks and going on the cheap for free agents when they could of just fucking traded Jimmy for a bag of chips or cut him and save 25 million dollars. Then they could of went out and got which ever free agent they wanted and made a big time signing. But instead they just brought in some special teams guys and are now looking at Jimmy G starting AGAIN after giving UP THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS FOR A GUY YOU ARENT EVEN FUCKING USING.

The whole reason you went and got Lance is because Jimmy G couldnt get it done. He got ANOTHER chance and still couldnt get it done. Now you are going to do it AGAIN? looool this is fucking insanity if they dont cut this man.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Jimmy G is sporting 2 Super Bowl rings and is a top 5 NFC QB. The 9ers would be idiots to give him up for anything less than FOUR first round picks.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

The rest of the league thinks Jimmy is worse than Marcus Mariota.

The 49ers are the only team that actually believes in him, and they dont even really do given their move to draft Lance. Belichick was on to something when he said you can have him.