2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Good luck in Miami pregnant woman and child beater. Thought he should have gone to the Browns where he would fit right in.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I think Oakland could be a legit contender if Waller, Tae, and Renfrow all end up staying healthy. Renfrow is going to seriously benefit from Tae being double teamed forever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Decent WR draft. Expect Chiefs to trade up and take a shot on one in the 1st. If they hit a home run, could help them with some cap issues next couple years.

$30M a year for a WR is insanity.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It really seems like the money is growing exponentially the last few years. Like 5 years ago 30Mil would have been a huge number for a QB, forget WR. With this kind of money floating around someone might actually top Curt Schilling putting $50 million of his own money into a doomed video game company for stupidest sports star investor ever.

• 2Worf

Fadaar

That guy
man Chiefs better hope this year's draft pans out, sitting on 2 picks in each round 1-4 including back to back 1st rd picks

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
That Hill trade and extension is kind of gross. I can sort of understand the picks being traded, but holy shit that extension is wild as fuck. Not sure Armestad and Williams are enough to fix the historically inept Oline so not sure a deep threat is what they really needed especially since they had just drafted Waddle last season.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Pats signed CB Malcolm Butler today- 2 year deal. he retired for personal reasons last year(was on cardinals) and is coming back now .
he played for the patriots for 4 years and he was the guy who intercepted wilson in the superbowl to cement the win
he ALSO is the player that was BENCHED for the eagles superbowl that the patriots lost.(and noone will say why he was benched)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh, that is much more reasonable than the 10 million i saw. Ok, they are forgiven.
Yeah unless we win AFC championship he doesn’t get that money.

About Hill, I’m personally a fan of the trade plus I got tired of his cocky ass flashing peace signs.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Felt like he fell off last year. Probably a reason he was cut and no one seems to be falling over themselves to sign him.

(I realize he made a ton of tackles but that's not necessarily a good sign)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hes just slowed down a lot. And wasnt worth the $20mil cap hit. Can still be very valuable at the right price. Sucks to lose a long time fan favorite.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hes just slowed down a lot. And wasnt worth the $20mil cap hit. Can still be very valuable at the right price. Sucks to lose a long time fan favorite.
Yeah slowin down sounds like a liability in coverage to me.

That said, our inside LB'ers are kinda trash generally. We didn't even tender Reeder. I'd assume he'd be an upgrade from him.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully him slowing down was a byproduct of having no chance at the playoffs and he just didn’t want to missile around the field only to get injured.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Hopefully him slowing down was a byproduct of having no chance at the playoffs and he just didn’t want to missile around the field only to get injured.

That's not how he ever played the game before... Id be willing to bet thats not why he slowed down last year. Pretty sure age is the answer.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Thats a haul, is Tua the starter? Bridgewater seems to think he wasn't brought in to just be the backup
It would have to be Tua because there's still potential upside there, and he played better than Teddy did last season afaik. I would think Bridgewater is a known commodity at this point.

It's also year 3 for Tua. With the weapons available (Waddle, Hill, Gesicki) and O-line upgrades coming in there's no excuse for not performing. He either does the job or it's time to move on.

Edit: Miami still has their 2023 1st round and SF's 2023 1st rounder, so they still have assets if Tua isn't it.