2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Ty-Hill.png

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still not convinced they have actually concluded that Lance is the starter come the first game this year. If they had, Jimmy would have been traded on those supposed trade offers they had.
Honestly, I am afraid you are correct. And I think that is a gigantic mistake. It is a colossal waste of resources to spend that many picks on Lance, just to have him ride the bench for 2+ years. Not only is his learning limited from the bench, but you are now beginning to undermine Lance. If they really want to stick with Jimmy, then try and trade Lance away for whatever you can get for him. This sitting on the fence shit is just not good for the team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, I am afraid you are correct. And I think that is a gigantic mistake. It is a colossal waste of resources to spend that many picks on Lance, just to have him ride the bench for 2+ years. Not only is his learning limited from the bench, but you are now beginning to undermine Lance. If they really want to stick with Jimmy, then try and trade Lance away for whatever you can get for him. This sitting on the fence shit is just not good for the team.
It’s kinda like what happened in GB. Draft a QB in the first round and now it appears he may not be or is not good. Granted Lance looked better than Love in his limited play time.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I could be be forgetting some stuff so correct me if I'm wrong but seems to me Shanahan has always kept to that Lance is the long term future of the 9'ers but that he expected it to be 1 to 2 years before that time hit. So I still see Lance in that role to come but still not quite there yet. Lynch on the other hand, I think like 80% of the things he says is complete bullshit.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I could be be forgetting some stuff so correct me if I'm wrong but seems to me Shanahan has always kept to that Lance is the long term future of the 9'ers but that he expected it to be 1 to 2 years before that time hit. So I still see Lance in that role to come but still not quite there yet. Lynch on the other hand, I think like 80% of the things he says is complete bullshit.
He has unequivocally stated that Lance is the future of the franchise. However, he never said anything about 1-2 years. He always said he thought Jimmy gave them the best shot last year, but didn't really expand beyond that.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
LMAO

"what are your qualifications?"
"I'm black disabled single mother with many pronouns."
"You're hired."

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
LMAO

"what are your qualifications?"
"I'm black disabled single mother with many pronouns."
"You're hired."

Actual racism in hiring practices supported by a multi-billion dollar corporation. Liberalism is a mental disease that is wholly incurable.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shanahan is trying so hard to drive up Jimmy's trade value but no one is believing it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Shanahan is trying so hard to drive up Jimmy's trade value but no one is believing it.
Why would Shanahan give up a 2 time Super Bowl champion, top 5 NFC QB for anything less than full value (4 first round picks)??? He'd be rightly destroyed for taking any less.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
All this talk about Jimmy staying in SF is stupid. The most likely end to the situation now is that he will be released, but there's no reason to release him until the last minute and Shanahan and Lynch have to say that they're not going to release him in hopes someone might be willing to trade for him. If they say he's being released then there's no chance of a trade.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All this talk about Jimmy staying in SF is stupid. The most likely end to the situation now is that he will be released, but there's no reason to release him until the last minute and Shanahan and Lynch have to say that they're not going to release him in hopes someone might be willing to trade for him. If they say he's being released then there's no chance of a trade.

Is Trey Lance ready and better than Jimmy?

Haven't really been following this so I'm probably missing something here but Jimmy has been performing at a high level for a while now. At least from an outside perspective. Good QB's are very hard to come by. Is everyone so sure that Trey will be better or that he will even be competent?

And as long as Jimmy can't pass the physical the 49's can't get much for him in a trade. If they wait until he's healthy there is a good chance another team will have lost their QB to injury by then and be desperate. 49'rs can get a lot more for a healthy Jimmy.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can think of $25 million reasons to cut him if Shanahan thinks Lance is ready to be the starter.

• 1Like