2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BoB might not be bad as just a coach but it's hard to say. It's probably a safer bet than all the memes.

I will say I cant fault them for it; Miami keeps hiring 1st time head coaches who are "hot prospects" and it hasn't worked out. I'm actually warming up to the idea of Jim Caldwell being the Dolphins HC (went to SB with Manning and lost to NO, turned around Detroit, took over as interim OC for the Ravens in 2012 after they fired Cam Cameron week 14...and that's when Flacco went 11/0 TD/INT and they won the super bowl that year).

No idea if they're actually interviewing him but I'd take that stability.
Negrobot is a highly underrated coach. Lions were retarded for dumping him when they did. After managing to polish that turd, I am somewhat amazed he has not had a HC gig since.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

There was a ton of fail on that play but this one sticks out the most. Not only did he not give it to the ref, the entire line blocked the ref. It was clear, either from panic or not properly practicing the play, they fucked themselves.
Again, typical from McCarthy teams. Ask any Packers fan and they will confirm the never-ending mental blunders of McDoofus. That Packer vs Roidhawk NFCCG is a case study in how to destroy your entire season with shitty coaching. And his signature touch is non-stop special teams fuckups. Not a ton of that yesterday, but I laughed to myself when the punter doinked the big screen and I thought to myself "This is the fucking Dallas punter who is the one guy who should know about the screen and practice on this field to avoid that exact thing from happening." For me the whole terrible clock management culminating in that bizarre QB draw call (ended with a slide to burn more clock LOL) that ended the game. As much as I love watching Dallas suffer, I would not wish McCarthy on anyone. The dude had two of the best QBs in history under him and only barely lucked into one SB ring. They brought him in to get rid of Favre and he overstayed his welcome by about a decade.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
McCarthy getting the dallas job just blows me away. I dont kno how the fuck he convinced Jones he was the right man for the job.

Whats sad is both of Jones' sons look just as inept as their dad. The folorn look on the young kids face in grandads box suite was priceless. He is learning young.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
McCarthy getting the dallas job just blows me away. I dont kno how the fuck he convinced Jones he was the right man for the job.

Whats sad is both of Jones' sons look just as inept as their dad. The folorn look on the young kids face in grandads box suite was priceless. He is learning young.
I'll sure be sad if Jones' sons end up just as inept as their father! Darn, what a tragedy that Dallas might be a shit organization for decades to come!

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Seen multiple people say this, but you weren't very far above your regular season average for penalty yards per game. So have you been getting ticky-tacked for 18 games straight, or is your team an undisciplined mess?
They're absolutely an undisciplined mess, but you rarely watch a Micah Parsons pass rush, and don't say, "Hmm, that blockers arms are way outside his shoulder pads".

Stephen Jones just said on The Fan, about a minute ago, that he expects McCarthy to be back... Damnit, man.

Bare minimum, that 1st round pick has to go to an offensive lineman. Conner Williams led the league in penalty yards, and made up 20% of the Cowboys penalties. I remember being sad as fuck when the Eagles jumped the Cowboys in the 2nd a few years back to get Goeddert, and we ended up with an undersized guard in Williams... Losing Travis Frederick was a huge loss.

Also, if the 49ers ever steal away Rodgers or a high-end QB with Shanahan and some of that talent? Good Lord. They should've hopped on Brady when they had the chance.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
People like Jerry Jones have way too much of an ego to know when to ask for help. Dude is in over his head, and that is most assuredly rubbing off on his sons. If something isn't working after decades, maybe, just maybe realize you may be doing something wrong and should seek outside help/opinion. But no, Jerry Jones is still convinced that he knows best.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll sure be sad if Jones' sons end up just as inept as their father! Darn, what a tragedy that Dallas might be a shit organization for decades to come!
Realistically, Dallas has never been an elite team since the salary cap began. Jones can buy trophies, but he can't win on a level playing field. And even pre cap era he needed that ridiculously lopsided Herchel Walker trade to get that run with Aikman.

Since the cap went in, its been one retarded meltdown after another with tons of drama. Thats fine. He owns the team and its his money to burn. But if you want to root out the source of the problems in Dallas, its all at the top.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They're absolutely an undisciplined mess, but you rarely watch a Micah Parsons pass rush, and don't say, "Hmm, that blockers arms are way outside his shoulder pads".

Stephen Jones just said on The Fan, about a minute ago, that he expects McCarthy to be back... Damnit, man.

Bare minimum, that 1st round pick has to go to an offensive lineman. Conner Williams led the league in penalty yards, and made up 20% of the Cowboys penalties. I remember being sad as fuck when the Eagles jumped the Cowboys in the 2nd a few years back to get Goeddert, and we ended up with an undersized guard in Williams... Losing Travis Frederick was a huge loss.
Not to beat a dead horse, but undervaluing linemen is another McCarthy trademark. It was also the start of the feud between him and AR, as he let multiple pro bowl linemen just fucking walk from the team. The undisciplined play is also an issue because he does nothing to maintain order in the lockeroom. When AR was getting pissed off enough to leave, McDoofus was busy getting handies from the team physical therapist in his office. Not even making that last part up.

I honestly would rather have Jerry managing the draft selections than McCarthy. In a decade and a half at GB he constantly ignored defensive weaknesses and O-Line in favor of random WR picks. He also cut guys and tossed assistants under the bus any time he felt it would make him look less terrible. He has zero eye for talent.

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Again, typical from McCarthy teams. Ask any Packers fan and they will confirm the never-ending mental blunders of McDoofus. That Packer vs Roidhawk NFCCG is a case study in how to destroy your entire season with shitty coaching. And his signature touch is non-stop special teams fuckups. Not a ton of that yesterday, but I laughed to myself when the punter doinked the big screen and I thought to myself "This is the fucking Dallas punter who is the one guy who should know about the screen and practice on this field to avoid that exact thing from happening." For me the whole terrible clock management culminating in that bizarre QB draw call (ended with a slide to burn more clock LOL) that ended the game. As much as I love watching Dallas suffer, I would not wish McCarthy on anyone. The dude had two of the best QBs in history under him and only barely lucked into one SB ring. They brought him in to get rid of Favre and he overstayed his welcome by about a decade.

I'm glad you appreciate the slaughter during that NFCCG as much as me. I've never seen a coach bend over so terribly when the Seahawks were a) being super aggressive and b) turning the ball over so much. But everyone knew McCarthy would be terrible in Dallas. Jerry Jones thought he was a genius.

• 1Solidarity

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Not to beat a dead horse, but undervaluing linemen is another McCarthy trademark. It was also the start of the feud between him and AR, as he let multiple pro bowl linemen just fucking walk from the team. The undisciplined play is also an issue because he does nothing to maintain order in the lockeroom. When AR was getting pissed off enough to leave, McDoofus was busy getting handies from the team physical therapist in his office. Not even making that last part up.

I honestly would rather have Jerry managing the draft selections than McCarthy. In a decade and a half at GB he constantly ignored defensive weaknesses and O-Line in favor of random WR picks. He also cut guys and tossed assistants under the bus any time he felt it would make him look less terrible. He has zero eye for talent.
I literally cannot understand how coaches think they can cheap out on the Oline. Belichick has(d) Scarnecchia, Parcells had Tony Wise, Jimmy Johnson had Hudson Houck.

You can give mediocre QB's 3 seconds or bad RB's holes a mile wide and you can still get into the postseason with decent chances.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
signal-2022-01-17-20-55-30-236.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I saw that too. I said in the offseason that I still wasn't convinced he was a good enough coach, and for some reason he seems to have a tough time finishing the season. But the way this season started I thought maybe he had turned the corner.

I still maintain coaches have too short a leash in the NFL now, and he needs time to grow from this.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Looking at the patriots their needs t his draft and FA

Faster Linebacker x2. Safety, corner x2, de x1, wr x2 oline x1 or 2.

offensively they NEED a #1 wr and/or a slot receiver a player that WILL be open in 3 seconds or less consistently they get that and imo the offense will be significantly better.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Eh, when we make the playoffs we at least can sometimes make it to the Divisional Round. This was early for this team.

Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a browns fan? Or any other team where you know year after year exactly when your season will be over.

Seen multiple people say this, but you weren't very far above your regular season average for penalty yards per game. So have you been getting ticky-tacked for 18 games straight, or is your team an undisciplined mess?

What I saw was them being ticky tack when calling the cowboys but not the niners. I prefer refs to not make the close calls, but if they're going to do it they need to be consistent.

But to be clear, undisciplined mess is not disputed. McCarthy is a shit tier coach. I wonder if Bill O'Brian would be better since he won't have any say in personnel calls.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also, if the 49ers ever steal away Rodgers or a high-end QB with Shanahan and some of that talent? Good Lord. They should've hopped on Brady when they had the chance.

I agree. I don't know if Brady and Shanahan would have butted heads, but with Shanahan's running game and the level of talent on the 49ers I think Brady would be raping the league in SF even more than he is in TB. Get Shanahan a QB that can actually win games for him instead of just not losing them and that's a dangerous team.