2022 NFL Offseason Thread: Looking forward Tua better future!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit.
1658428348000.png

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Top 20 list

Lamarr Jackson not on that list cause he's still on his rookie contract. In negotiations for a new contract now. They're already talking about whether Jackson contract will be worth more than Murray's contract.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lamarr Jackson not on that list cause he's still on his rookie contract. In negotiations for a new contract now. They're already talking about whether Jackson contract will be worth more than Murray's contract.
Hes been way more successful than Murray so I wouldnt be shocked if it is. But I could also see them franchise tagging him for 2 years and then saying cya later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What were the Cardinals going to do? NOT pay him? lol.

There arent that many QB's in the league with as much offensive potential as him. He is still young and can still get better. Even if they just used him as a glorified gadget player and ran a ton of designed runs with a few deep shots sprinkled in they would still make the playoffs. The NFC west is tough, but his ceiling is unknown at this point. We saw a glimpse of his greatness when he was being talked about as an MVP candidate early in the season, but then he just kind of got banged up and faded away.

Is he worth 250 million. No. Did the Cardinals have to give it to him. Yes.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They're the fucking worst. City sucks at supporting its teams. A's ownership sucks altogether. Team is double fucked.
Yeah. Faggot owners can't or won't pay for a championship roster and won't sell the team. I like the As and feel bad for their fans. Still beating them in 88 was the best ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What were the Cardinals going to do? NOT pay him? lol.

There arent that many QB's in the league with as much offensive potential as him. He is still young and can still get better. Even if they just used him as a glorified gadget player and ran a ton of designed runs with a few deep shots sprinkled in they would still make the playoffs. The NFC west is tough, but his ceiling is unknown at this point. We saw a glimpse of his greatness when he was being talked about as an MVP candidate early in the season, but then he just kind of got banged up and faded away.

Is he worth 250 million. No. Did the Cardinals have to give it to him. Yes.
Pretty much true. If you have a legit starting QB, and his contract is up, you either have to pay him or replace him with someone better and someone better probably isn't available and if they are will cost just as much as you're going to pay your guy. That's why having a mediocre quarterback is such a coach killer. When you have a guy that's just good enough that it's not obvious that they are the reason you're losing but can't get you to the next level either, you're fucked.

I heard an interview with Herm Edwards a few years back and they asked him if he would ever coach again and he said the only way he would do it is if he had "one of them GOOD quarterbacks. No coach gets fired if he's got one of them GOOD quarterbacks". At the time he was talking about Manning, Brady and Rogers. I doubt any of those guys would want to play for Herm but that's another topic I supposed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users