2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A lot of bandwagon fans were on the 9ers dick rider crew back when Walsh and Joe Cool were racking up rings for them. Its just how it is in sports, unfortunately. You can tell real fans from the hangers on because they generally have jerseys from players present when things were shitty. Like a 9ers fan with a Jeff Garcia or Evlis Gerbac jersey, a Tampa fan with a Testaverde or Dilfer Jersey, or a Packer fan with a Don Majkowski or William Henderson Jersey. Those guys are fans. The others bail over the side when shit gets tough, like what more or less happened with the Pats and Roidhawk fanbases.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On this year, I think its the 9ers to lose, but they always seem to start wracking up injuries this time of year. If they somehow manage to stay healthy, I don't know who can stop them late in the season. Coach McDoofus is 0 for life against them and while I doubt they get blown out as bad, I don't see the matchup issues the Eagles had with them going away between now and the playoffs. Lions maybe in a shootout at home, but that's a stretch. And I don't see any team as dominant on the AFC side of things, except MAYBE the Ravens but they also have late season injury issues all the time and I think they get into trouble against any kind of good Defense.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Like a 9ers fan with a Jeff Garcia or Evlis Gerbac jersey
I'd eat my own shit before I was caught dead wearing a fucking Steve Bono or Tim Rattay jersey. No fan is sporting a jersey of shit players like that.

Grbac was there when the 49ers were one of the best teams in the NFL and had just won a Super Bowl. So even that isn't a sign you were a "real fan" and liked the team when they were "shit".

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Would you wear one now though? I still see people in GB area wearing Henderson, Campbel, and Noble jerseys. I know I spotted at least one Plunket one when I lived in CA. I can respect that, as its a far cry from how say Boston fans have mostly reacted since Brady moved on. I mean outside of Brahma, I don't think I have heard a Pats fan check into this thread all season.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You would have gone broke buying 9ers QB jerseys in the 2000s. From 2003-2010 there were 10 different starting quarterbacks in SF.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Would you wear one now though? I still see people in GB area wearing Henderson, Campbel, and Noble jerseys. I know I spotted at least one Plunket one when I lived in CA. I can respect that, as its a far cry from how say Boston fans have mostly reacted since Brady moved on. I mean outside of Brahma, I don't think I have heard a Pats fan check into this thread all season.
Lenardo has been in here with his thoughts a few times. Obviously, Uber will never appear.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't get why they even released Boyle. He wasn't doing anything great but he certainly wasn't worse than Wilson was. Saleh is all over the place.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yes, are you serious? You think security is supposed to break up trash talking? And that security and coaches are even close to the same thing? Even a coach would be in shit for that. You usually only see that in a full out brawl

Yes dead serious. Look, we wouldn't know who that guy was if the announcers hadn't told us. We would think he was another assistant coach if not for them. In that scene itself there were other coaches grabbing players and pulling them away. So yeah, it doesn't seem completely inappropriate for a non player on the sideline to help break up a fight on the sideline.

Then why the fuck is he touching the chalk line and not facing the shitty crowd/fans? Is he seriously there because he expects the opposing team to storm over and start wailing on Siriani?

Teams need to just hire a bunch of goons to roam the sidelines and taunt players if this is seriously what the league is going to allow. I get the unnecessary roughness call on Greenlaw, but how in the fuck can you get ejected for putting hands on personnel not even fucking involved in the game? A coach, an assistant, hell even a team doctor/training staff I'd understand. But some random fucking fat Tony goon? Give me a break.

We're talking about the eagles here. That's probably exactly what happened and this is just the first time we noticed it on national TV. Again, this guy is employed by the eagles. You guys are acting like he's a fan who stormed the field. How is anyone supposed to know in the heat of the moment what the person's job title is that you're about to poke? They control who is allowed on the sideline. There are no randos out there. So maybe the answer is to remember you are at work and don't put your hands on anyone not in uniform?

I'm actually ok with the tackle against the Cowboys. It started well in-bounds and I think the slam part being a penalty is about passers, but not 100% on that.

I posted it a few posts ago. If by 'started' you mean he had him wrapped up, then you have a bad definition for 'started'. The back suplex didn't start until both feet were completely out of bounds and TP had relaxed. I can't recall if the whistle had blown and there's no sound on the clip I found.

I think you're talking about the defenseless player rule, which applies to everyone, not just QBs. That could be why he was ejected because #A4 applies. The only thing is, back suplex isn't specifically listed under section B. That could have been a judgement call by the refs, or it might be somewhere else in the rules.

PLAYERS IN A DEFENSELESS POSTURE

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

1. Players in a defenseless posture are:
    1. A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass (passing posture)
    2. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player
    3. The intended receiver of a pass in the action during and immediately following an interception or potential interception. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.
      Note: Violations of this provision will be enforced after the interception, and the intercepting team will maintain possession.
    4. A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped
    5. A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air
    6. A player on the ground
    7. A kicker/punter during the kick or during the return (Also see Article 6(h) for additional restrictions against a kicker/punter)
    8. A quarterback at any time after a change of possession (Also see Article 9(f) for additional restrictions against a quarterback after a change of possession)
    9. A player who receives a “blindside” block when the path of the offensive blocker is toward or parallel to his own end line.
    10. A player who is protected from an illegal crackback block (see Article 2)
    11. The offensive player who attempts a snap during a Field Goal attempt or a Try Kick
  2. Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
    1. forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him
    2. lowering the head and making forcible contact with the crown or ”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenselessplayer’s body
    3. illegally launching into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (i) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (ii) uses any part of his helmet to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent’s body. (This does not apply to contact against a runner, unless the runner is still considered to be a defenseless player, as defined in Article 7.)

Note 1: The provisions of (b) do not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or helmet in the course of a conventional tackle or block on an opponent.

Note 2: A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an illegal act. This includes illegal contact that may occur during the process of attempting to dislodge the ball from an opponent. A standard of strict liability applies for any contact against a defenseless opponent, even if the opponent is an airborne player who is returning to the ground or whose body position is otherwise in motion, and irrespective of any acts by the defenseless opponent, such as ducking his head or curling up his body in anticipation of contact.

Penalty: For unnecessary roughness: Loss of 15 yards and an automatic first down. The player may be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be flagrant.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
We would think he was another assistant coach if not for them.
Why the fuck is a security personnel who is supposed to be protecting the Eagles bench from FANS not in proper attire? Every security person I've seen at an NFL game is either a uniformed LEO or wearing some sort of hi-vis jacket.

Are you seriously suggesting that this fat wop needs to be protecting the Eagles from the opposing team?
So yeah, it doesn't seem completely inappropriate for a non player on the sideline to help break up a fight on the sideline.
Coaches are literally involved in the game. They're calling plays, analyzing plays, etc. Some fat meatball isn't.
They control who is allowed on the sideline.
And maybe that needs to change and the NFL needs to be responsible for who is allowed on the sideline? Because if I'm the 49ers, I'm offering 5 grand each to a bunch of random bozos who wander into the stadium, dressing them in some team polos, and telling them to taunt players if they get near the sidelines so they can get ejected if they touch you.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck is a security personnel who is supposed to be protecting the Eagles bench from FANS not in proper attire? Every security person I've seen at an NFL game is either a uniformed LEO or wearing some sort of hi-vis jacket.

Are you seriously suggesting that this fat wop needs to be protecting the Eagles from the opposing team?

Coaches are literally involved in the game. They're calling plays, analyzing plays, etc. Some fat meatball isn't.

And maybe that needs to change and the NFL needs to be responsible for who is allowed on the sideline? Because if I'm the 49ers, I'm offering 5 grand each to a bunch of random bozos who wander into the stadium, dressing them in some team polos, and telling them to taunt players if they get near the sidelines so they can get ejected if they touch you.

I'm not going to defend filthafuckingdelphia's trade practices. @cockroaches to get some of their fans in here.

But you're ignoring the possibility that the ref might have ejected greenlaw because he thought the defenseless player rules applied. Has the NFL said anything about it yet?

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yes dead serious. Look, we wouldn't know who that guy was if the announcers hadn't told us. We would think he was another assistant coach if not for them. In that scene itself there were other coaches grabbing players and pulling them away. So yeah, it doesn't seem completely inappropriate for a non player on the sideline to help break up a fight on the sideline.

We're talking about the eagles here. That's probably exactly what happened and this is just the first time we noticed it on national TV. Again, this guy is employed by the eagles. You guys are acting like he's a fan who stormed the field. How is anyone supposed to know in the heat of the moment what the person's job title is that you're about to poke? They control who is allowed on the sideline. There are no randos out there. So maybe the answer is to remember you are at work and don't put your hands on anyone not in uniform?

I posted it a few posts ago. If by 'started' you mean he had him wrapped up, then you have a bad definition for 'started'. The back suplex didn't start until both feet were completely out of bounds and TP had relaxed. I can't recall if the whistle had blown and there's no sound on the clip I found.

I think you're talking about the defenseless player rule, which applies to everyone, not just QBs. That could be why he was ejected because #A4 applies. The only thing is, back suplex isn't specifically listed under section B. That could have been a judgement call by the refs, or it might be somewhere else in the rules.

Yes, I was referring to the beginning of the tackle. And the rule I'm talking about is under "roughing the passer"

A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as “stuffing” a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for in (a) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, that was not a "passer". They haven't reached the point where you are penalized for any tackle other than gently lowering him into a featherbed on non-qbs yet.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But you're ignoring the possibility that the ref might have ejected greenlaw because he thought the defenseless player rules applied. Has the NFL said anything about it yet?
The VP of officiating came out and said he was ejected for contacting a "non-player". So yes, he was ejected for Meatball Tony, not the borderline unnecessary roughness call that occurred 2 seconds after the whistle.

• 1Solidarity

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 20-10-34 Former Jaguars employee accused of stealing more than $22 mi...png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I had that after a 4-wheeler wreck. It only lasted about 7 hours for me but my family was freaking out until it went away. Still don't remember anything about a 24 hour period around the accident.
I got nothing for the whole week seizure to surgery. Nothing at all. Weird to 'look' back and see nothing.

• 1Like