2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Denver hired Vance Joseph back as DC.

Think I'm going to check out of the 23 season now.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
but guys there was no way the patriots would expect a passing play in that situation.

Even if that was their logic behind it, it's still completely retarded. If a run play gets stuffed, then cool. Just killed 40 seconds of game clock which only hurts the Patriots even more.

It's also amazing how nobody really gets on Wilson for throwing the pick. Guy completely choked the game away and the coach gets all the blame

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if that was their logic behind it, it's still completely retarded. If a run play gets stuffed, then cool. Just killed 40 seconds of game clock which only hurts the Patriots even more.

It's also amazing how nobody really gets on Wilson for throwing the pick. Guy completely choked the game away and the coach gets all the blame
His actual defense is that it was about maximizing shots at the endzone and the pats line was stacked against the power run on that play. And Butler jumped the route so aggressively it was like he knew what the call was, Wilson played like shit that post-season but I don't think that pick was a bad throw.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
His actual defense is that it was about maximizing shots at the endzone and the pats line was stacked against the power run on that play. And Butler jumped the route so aggressively it was like he knew what the call was, Wilson played like shit that post-season but I don't think that pick was a bad throw.

Minute and a half left, they could run it 3 times without even using a timeout, which I think they still had one of. So, not sure how throwing gives you more shots at the end zone.

The "everyone thought we were going to run so we passed" still sounds like the best argument, but the clock situation and the Pats complete inability to stop the run still make it a bad call even if it had worked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Minute and a half left, they could run it 3 times without even using a timeout, which I think they still had one of. So, not sure how throwing gives you more shots at the end zone.

The "everyone thought we were going to run so we passed" still sounds like the best argument, but the clock situation and the Pats complete inability to stop the run still make it a bad call even if it had worked.
26 seconds.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
And Butler jumped the route so aggressively it was like he knew what the call was

How would the cheatriots know what the seachickens were doing? What, exactly, are, you, suggesting?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What, exactly, are, you, suggesting?
That the play call is not as bad as everyone insists it was. I've seen well reasoned arguments that the stats agree with calling at least one pass play in that situation, if not on that down then on the next one. Of all the outcomes, a pick is far and away the most improbable result. It's perfectly reasonable to expect either a touchdown or a stopped clock from an incompletion in that situation, Butler's pick was the only 1 yard line interception that entire season (out of 109 passing plays on the 1 yard line). An undrafted rookie who would go on to have a relatively forgettable career made a perfect read which he credits to the job Matt Patricia did prepping the defense.

Still the wrong call though, I'd have given it to Lynch even if the Patriots built a fucking cinderblock wall on the line of scrimmage. I'd even yell to Belichick that I was giving it to Lynch.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like a future Cowboy if I ever did see one.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a future Cowboy if I ever did see one.

Well, we don't really need help at defensive tackle ..... so yeah, no doubt. Go ahead and slap a star on his prison uniform.

• 3Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Don't think Wilson should really get shit for the pick. We've all seen that crazy still shot of when he's just about to throw the ball. Just looking at that pic you'd think 80% TD, 20% incomplete if DB makes a good play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users