2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

id buy that for a dollar GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To play devils advocate, I’d ask for top dollar too and then negotiate from there. I ain’t coming in saying give me less than the tag.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Poor man's Alex Smith... Give me a break at 45 million. He'll be riding pine in three years or less.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's just going to be the price for a starting quarterback. Don't want to pay it you better hope you can draft someone who can start right away.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

No, it's still too high. 35 for a mediocre starting QB seems more realistic.

I'd dare him to test the market. I bet no one pays him 45 if the Giants don't.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Kirk Cousins is the poster boy for how to be mediocre and keep getting big deals.

Curious to see what Geno Smith gets.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious how they will use that #5 pick and if it will be a QB

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't really looked at the QB prospects coming out of college, but you would think if a decent one was there at 5 they would take them. As good as Geno was this year, do they really think he will sustain or exceed that level of play moving forward. Seems like getting a young QB in to sit behind Geno would be ideal, but I suppose that makes it tough when Geno isn't under contract anymore.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I would be ultra surprised if we took a QB at 5. I suspect it will be O/Dline over anything else. Just based on the way Pete has drafted since taking over

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think I've ever "forcibly kissed" anyone. Does that shit ever work?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like a good spot for him, imagine it makes them the division favorites for now

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
With Carr off the table, does this ramp up the Rodgers to Jets rumor mill to 11?

DickTrickle

Seems like a good spot for him, imagine it makes them the division favorites for now
Eh, I don't know about that. I honestly feel like the Jets would have been much better. Saints are in a terrible spot salary cap wise so I wonder how competitive they'll be, but at least they're in a shitty division.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Far easier division and as long as the Jets keep Wilson around it's not a good spot for a mid tier QB like Carr.

• 1Like

Animosity

Saints should easily be able to win that division now. None of the other teams have a QB.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Weren't the Saints already a fair bit over the cap? I get the Saints pushing while the division is wide open, but will Carr just be a massive cap hit in year 3/4?