2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Bringing back the ban on pushing the runner forward

I was wondering about that. I didn't hear they had recinded that rule. I assumed they were just letting them get away with it because they weren't being obvious like the refrigerator picking the guy up and toting him across the line. (Is that what happened? It's how I remember it but it might not be real).

But to be clear, they were making most of those because the Oline was getting their pads under the Dline and blowing them off the ball.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit. This is kind of a crazy number.

• 8Worf
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 9 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Russell Wilson and Watson were like statistically the worst QBs in the league last year. Now with insane cap hits, wonder if either of them turns it around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tom Pelissero just mentioned Purdy's surgery is tomorrow, hear how it goes in the next few days I imagine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Unless the Cowboys do something with Dak's contract, his cap hit is at $49.13 million in 2023.

i keep hoping he'll take a page from Brady's book and start signing team friendly contracts.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
i keep hoping he'll take a page from Brady's book and start signing team friendly contracts.
As much help as you have to put around him to make him successful, you'd think the Cowboys would be firmer on their contract negotiations with him. But we get Jerrah!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Holy shit. This is kind of a crazy number.
Would you say that his contract/cap hit is now untradeable?

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Purdy's surgery postponed for a few weeks due to ongoing inflammation. Not sure if that's a big deal other than he will be starting rehab later than expected

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, he was so damn good.
Edit: Dumb NFL rules. It's JJ Watt's career highlights.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He's a freak of nature. As good as he was on the field, nothing ever blew my mind as much as this....

Dude is 290 and jumps flat footed onto a five foot tall box.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im surprised by this and at the same time not. Rams gotta hit that reset button soon and save some cash.

Would be cool if the Seahawks bring him back since we are fucked at LB right now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah I'm shocked too but the Rams clearly need to do something to fix the offense.

Defense will be fine imo.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy that he signed a 5 year deal, and played only 1 of them. NFL got some fucked up contracts.

So the Rams save 1.5M in cap space, but have 7.5M in dead money. NFL salary cap is so whack.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Russell Wilson and Watson were like statistically the worst QBs in the league last year. Now with insane cap hits, wonder if either of them turns it around.

At least in Watson's case, can legit wonder if rust was major reason for it, plus small sample size coming into season so late for only a few games for a team already clearly out of contention. But possible both of them are just massive busts.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Broncos winning AFC west next year. Rex Ryan will take em to the Superbowl.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I thought Hot Take season was after the draft / free agency, but going with:

Lions win the NFC North.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users