2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It took 28 years for a normal human foot to tie Dempsey's record and 43 years to break it. And so many factors have to all line up at once for an attempt to be made in the first place. First the ball has to be 67+ yards away, it has to be in the closing seconds of the half so the other team cant take advantage of favorable field position on a miss, you have to be losing by 3 or less if it's at the end of the second half, the other team has to have a shitty defense so they can't take advantage of the lower kicking trajectory and longer run up (Tucker took two extra steps back from his normal kicking position when he kicked the 66), you have to have a coach with balls of steel like Harbaugh or absolute shit for brains like Kingsbury, and a kicker with the distance and accuracy to have a chance in the first place.

Kickers may be physically capable of kicking a field goal from farther than 66 but I think we've reached the limit of what will ever happen during an actual game.

As you note, it's more about actual game situation for attempts to happen, but I can believe that eventually we'll have a game with one of the stronger leg kickers where the chance to potentially kick from 67 or 68 will come up and their coach will say fuck it...but 50+ FG's already are more frequent than they were back when Dempsey kicked his. I have to imagine more 60+ will be on the way. In fact, 14 of the total 31 field goals made from 60+ yards have happened just since 2018.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You're forgetting about the scenario when one team has the game firmly in control, a kicker with a big leg, and a coach with big balls.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Pilly aj brown just unfollowed and removed all eagle stuff . Put Brady pats pictures up and followed pats players brisket current starting qb and a receiver

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like he not happy about DeVonta Smith getting that new contract

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I absolutely can't stand all the offseason drama around players when it is time for new contracts. I almost posted something at the end of the season, something along the lines of, can't wait for the inevitable drama of Aiyuk unfollowing the 49ers on social media and then demanding a trade. It's the same shit that happened with Deebo, and seems to happen with all these big contracts. It's so dumb.

I would be *shocked* if the 49ers trade Aiyuk. He is a far better WR than Deebo (pure receiver, not player; Deebo as an individual is nearly impossible to replace) and has a great rapport with Purdy. So taking away your young QB's best WR, would be foolish.

But shit like this continues to be "reported". Thankfully Aiyuk's agent has debunked all of the trade rumors each time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the way it goes now, player unfollows/takes down pictures of his current team on social media = gets released/traded this happens at least 80% of the time now if not more.

so despite brown saying nothing too it, boston sports talk is going nuts in..hope. we have not had a true #1 receiver for the patriots in ~10 ish years, hell maybe since moss left when i think about it. gronk and edelman do not count, neither were a true #1, while both were great.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Denver is expect to send a 2024 sixth-round pick to New York for Wilson and a 2024 seventh-rounder, with the teams dividing his guaranteed camp roster bonus.

definitely seems like a really weird move for them. Cant wait for thatsgoodsports guy video

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Shows that hype>talent at the draft and that scouts know shit about players especially QB transitioning to pro.

For the upcoming draft thursday. I want a good qb quality QB that doesn't suck.

imo patriots trade #3 to Minn for their 2 1st round picks and a #1_next year draft penix at 11 Hope odunze slips to 23 or trade 23 and a pick to get him, barring that best wr avail or oline at 23. 2nd round Polk if no wr 1st round or oline 3rd round oline or te or edge.

reason I say Polk For wr is..he played with penix at washington(same for odunze) so they know and played w/ each other

Penix, if he hadn't played Michigan would be ranked equal or higher may and Daniels because of that last game he played vs texas.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Don't know the actual numbers but if the article about Patriots owing Bill $25m is true we have an idea about what Reid is getting.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Studios 2016

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Don't know the actual numbers but if the article about Patriots owing Bill $25m is true we have an idea about what Reid is getting.
Mahomes now guaranteed to break Brady's Super Bowl wins record without breaking the Super Bowl appearances record.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Can't imagine the Rams pass on him at 19. I think we're likely to move up and take him even, though I hope we don't.

• 1Like