28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I assume most of us have a black belt in google-fu so Im going to assume most if not everyone in this thread has heard of the B&C. Well they are having a competition between the different threads as to who can paint more. Not a test of skill by any means, mainly a way to motivate people to get stuff painted. The only thing you win is a fancy signature and bragging rights. Thought I would come here and try to drum up some more support for it.

B&C Competition. E TENEBRAE LUX II

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I've always wanted an eldar army. Might peruse Ebay and see if I can some decent deals. One day GW may embrace the power of the internet.

fucker_sl

shitlord
we are talking about the company who needed 25 years to get one decent videogame based on an IP that is almost MADE for VGs. Or that was able to make a 3d "movie" with the quality of early '90

remeber: "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This thread makes me remember a game I played way back in the day when I had a 3DO.

It was called Space Hulk, and it was awesome (and difficult).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The ambient sounds for this game were great. The heightened breathing... the one dude shouting "BETHER!" as he entered combat. Purely great.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
new Warmachine stuff was teased today at Privateer Press's annual Con

rrr_img_27688.jpg
rrr_img_27689.jpg
rrr_img_27690.jpg
rrr_img_27691.jpg
rrr_img_27692.jpg

rrr_img_27688.jpg

rrr_img_27689.jpg

rrr_img_27690.jpg

rrr_img_27691.jpg

rrr_img_27692.jpg

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kinda wanted to get some of the WM mechs, the more original ones. I love most of the style, but then the last 10% seems too cartoony. Like a warjack will look awesome but then it's weapon will be kinda comically molded. I like all these kickstarters for alternate model lines that could be used for 40k. I get such a god damn hard on for near future/sci fi/military type stuff. Stuff that is styled after ww2 or current world stuff but futuristic. (So not huge on lasers and lightsabers typically)

I found yesterday, will see if I can find it when I'm home, but this guys photobucket with some absolutely insane custom death corps of krieg stuff. (My favorite was a mortar team using the chaos vehicle multi missile launchers as a kinda mini ww2 rocket battery on a little gun carriage.)

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Anyone pick up the new SM codex? Got it the other and liking what I see. Getting back into the hobby, game store near me has a tournament the 2nd Saturday of every month. What better way to get back into 6th by getting my ass kicked.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
This thread makes me remember a game I played way back in the day when I had a 3DO.

It was called Space Hulk, and it was awesome (and difficult).
Not sure if you are interested, but on Steam there is a Space Hulk game that was released fairly recently. It has been a pretty fun run through some of the first missions. I definitely got my but kicked on the first level a few times while getting acclimated to what the game wanted from my and learning all the stuff I could do. I would say it was fairly true to the board game, but I don't remember it well enough. It is a turn based squad strategy type feel.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242570/

Sterling

El Presidente
Anyone pick up the new SM codex? Got it the other and liking what I see. Getting back into the hobby, game store near me has a tournament the 2nd Saturday of every month. What better way to get back into 6th by getting my ass kicked.
SM Codex seems good. They reduced the cost of a lot of the overpriced stuff and that should let people play with a larger variety of lists more competatively. Really want a new Tyranid codex.

Sterling

El Presidente
Rumor control says the 'Nid codex is next
That's sorta my understanding of it as well. Hopefully Carnifex and some of the other stuff becomes playable again! So many monstrous creatures yet everyone just uses Tyrants, Tervigons and Trygon Primes..

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Yeah, I dont know how they are going to fix Genestealers since 6th is the shooty edition. I seriously want to have that feeling of dread again when I see 20+ Genestealers running across the board. Some of my most memorable games have been against Tyranids.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're actively trying to stomp out bit sellers, too, so just wait until you want to outfit your Devastator Squad(s).

Jx3

Riddle me this...
They're actively trying to stomp out bit sellers, too, so just wait until you want to outfit your Devastator Squad(s).
I've noticed that i'm getting a lot more in a box than I used to. Bought a Devastator box and built a Sergeant plus 4 marines. You get 2 Lascannons, 2 heavy Bolters, 2 plasma Cannons and a Multimelta. Still expensive but its nice you get some bits with it also.