28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heroscape Space Hulk conversion.
I'm working off of fluff; suggestions (including power names) welcomed

LICTOR.jpg

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
RIPPER SWARM.jpg

Ripper Swarms usefulness comes with doing their thing without needing orders.
GENESTEALER BROODLORD.jpg

Broodlords enable an alternate deployment route

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Orks..

ORK BOYZ.jpg

WAAGH! was surprisingly difficult to translate. I kept finding artifacts that needed to be changed, altered, removed, or added and I'm still not 100%. I've made and uploaded this fucker like 13 times because I keep finding a clause missing, or word left out, or double typed. But tinkering is part of the fun insanity of custom building.

ORK NOB.jpg

Edit: Ork Boyz beat face and feel exactly right. However, they may beat too much face for 155 Points and may need to move up to perhaps 175.
I have zero qualms with figures being powerful and swingy, but they must be pointed accordingly. For example, a true scale Goku or Superman may absolutely be created, but not at 300 or even 400 points. Such would be in the thousands of points.

Last edited:

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
a 25pt figure to make the Ork army an even 500 (standard)
Gretchin Sniper.jpg

Last edited:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Been painting my thousand sons pretty aggressively, and this is my first attempt at object source lighting, im not super happy with it and would do things differently next time.

IMG_0118(1).jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So MOBA style games are a thing now.

Corvus Belli has a board game style one (hex based map). Set in the Infinity universe. They have plans to add 16 more dudes over the next year - Aristeia! The Game

Judgement is a more traditional miniatures game (use a tape measure), more traditional MOBA (capture nodes for resources). - Judgement - The Table-Top Miniature Game Inspired By The Classic MOBA

I will probably pick up Aristeia soon, and have heard good things about Judgement.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Friend talked me into picking up Underhive and a shit ton of brushes and paints. Never done anything WH40k related model wise and never painted a mini before but really been having fun putting the models together. Problem is my hands shake like crazy most of the time due to a side effect on a medication I have to take for at least another 3 months. It takes me about an hour to put together a single mini when it is bad which is fine as it is pretty relaxing with the fireplace going and spotify on in the background but I'm worried about when I get to painting. Any recommendations on something to hold the models in place without damaging it while I paint? I can keep my hands pretty steady holding onto the right with the left but won't be winning any pistol or revolver competitions any time soon.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Njals Njals Usually you want to keep your wrists, bottom of hands touching with model in one hand and brush in the other. If you do shake at least the brush and model will then move together. Probably also helps if you stick something to the bottom of the base to grab on to. Protects the paint on the model if you limit the handeling and is not as fiddedly as holding just the base. I just use a big champagne cork and some blue tack but GW sells a holder as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user