28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not mine, the pics I post from time to time are gems just from facebook groups. I did see it and think of your work.

I currently dont play. Havnt since like 4th or 5th. Thought about getting a few models to be shelf trophies but I'm overloaded with other stuff atm.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is anyone going to bayou battles in Houston next weekend? Wife and I will be present and would not mind kicking back a drink with some of the FoH gang. Jx3 Jx3 are you going?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger

1tsnnb.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
None at the moment. Mostly because they don't exist though. As more come to exist I will post them. You're going to have to deal with the Index's I posted earlier and the only released Codex :)

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not playing any of the GW stuff at NOVA (Just Star Wars LCG and Guildball) but any of my other bros here going? It's the cheapest convention to hit ever year for me (and I live right near Captaincon).

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was getting ready to pick up 40k, but Age of Sigmar is looking pretty good now. Is one really better than the other at this point, and I'm guessing 40k is still easier to find games for?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was getting ready to pick up 40k, but Age of Sigmar is looking pretty good now. Is one really better than the other at this point, and I'm guessing 40k is still easier to find games for?

I really wonder how AoS is doing.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of my local stores is The War Store. According to them Age of Sigmar is selling really well. I don't personally play a ton of it but when I do I enjoy it. 40k is more popular around here but the local GW store still has half a dozen guys playing AoS every week.

One of the things I always tell my locals about games is it doesn't matter how awesome a games rules are or anything else if you don't have a variety of opponents to play it with.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AOS is being propped up by battered GW wives, I mean customers, who will play anything if it means not losing the use of their investment in time and models. The way I know how bad AoS is as a game is this: A guy who was part of my old WHF team that used to travel around for events is the top rated player by the ITC rankings (I think that's the one) and another guy is near the top. These guys were the perpetual low scorers (battle points wise) of our team at nearly every event. I have watched them play. Its run broken combo synergy X, melt other army, then move to objectives on turn four. They are top rated because they found the broken combos first, the AoS scene is mostly the lesser tier generals from the WHF scene, and they are ridiculously good painters. Even they admit this to be the case.

9th Age (or as I like to call it, Star Trek Erotic Fan Fiction version of Warhammer for Eurocucks) is where all the power gamers who like rules lawyering people to death migrated to, at least in SoCal. Like every person who was a Win At All Costs guy migrated there and most other communities are kind of glad that they have more or less voluntarily quarantined themselves, especially since there is zero chance of that game ever getting any new players for them to corrupt.

Kings is dead on Cali, but doing well in the south and (as I understand it) the UK, with 80+ events being a regular thing in both areas. I have personally been to three 50+ KoW events this year and the only AoS event that I know of that has reached those numbers was the one at LVO (which GW dumped tons of prize money into) and maybe Adepticon? Every other 2 day AoS has been something like 12-16 people, especially in Cali. Wife and I are sticking with kings since we prefer movement based games and we will be relocating to TX soon.

GW might get themselves out of their death spiral, but it wont be AoS that does it. Its going to have to be AoS with Guns (aka 40k 8th) that does it for them, if they can ever manage to unfuck the rules.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AOS is being propped up by battered GW wives, I mean customers, who will play anything if it means not losing the use of their investment in time and models. The way I know how bad AoS is as a game is this: A guy who was part of my old WHF team that used to travel around for events is the top rated player by the ITC rankings (I think that's the one) and another guy is near the top. These guys were the perpetual low scorers (battle points wise) of our team at nearly every event. I have watched them play. Its run broken combo synergy X, melt other army, then move to objectives on turn four. They are top rated because they found the broken combos first, the AoS scene is mostly the lesser tier generals from the WHF scene, and they are ridiculously good painters. Even they admit this to be the case.

9th Age (or as I like to call it, Star Trek Erotic Fan Fiction version of Warhammer for Eurocucks) is where all the power gamers who like rules lawyering people to death migrated to, at least in SoCal. Like every person who was a Win At All Costs guy migrated there and most other communities are kind of glad that they have more or less voluntarily quarantined themselves, especially since there is zero chance of that game ever getting any new players for them to corrupt.

Kings is dead on Cali, but doing well in the south and (as I understand it) the UK, with 80+ events being a regular thing in both areas. I have personally been to three 50+ KoW events this year and the only AoS event that I know of that has reached those numbers was the one at LVO (which GW dumped tons of prize money into) and maybe Adepticon? Every other 2 day AoS has been something like 12-16 people, especially in Cali. Wife and I are sticking with kings since we prefer movement based games and we will be relocating to TX soon.

GW might get themselves out of their death spiral, but it wont be AoS that does it. Its going to have to be AoS with Guns (aka 40k 8th) that does it for them, if they can ever manage to unfuck the rules.
The GT at NoVa, which is not really a "fantasy" convention and more of a 40k con has over 50 people signed up. The narrative events have a bunch of people signed up as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
50 ppl... Used to get 50 ppl every weekend at Dakka Dakka for any random thing being run. The entire state if the Bitz Bus was in town.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
50 people for AoS is more then they had the last couple of years for fantasy.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man dude, you should get that chip on your shoulder looked at.

• 1Like