28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's the sort of double whammie. Prices have skyrocketed to treble or more their original costs, quality hasn't kept pace with what I'll term 'creative inflation' at GW and the model counts have quadrupled or more in the past decade. $150-$200 in models being a complete 'force' would be about right but it hasn't been near those prices since maybe 2nd ed.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I'm excited about Warmahordes Mk3 coming out but I'm also slightly annoyed. Seems like everyone is jumping on the Cygnar bandwagon at my shop. Not to be hipster guy but I've been playing Cygnar for some time and now suddenly everyone wants to play it. To make it even worse these fucking retards are the same ones quoting the PP forums like its the fucking Bible. On one hand I want to put my Cygnar away for awhile, on the other I want to play Cygnar and smash their faces in over and over. These are the same cheese dicks who loved Cryx and Legion in Mk2 so I guess its to be expected.

Mikey

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just found this thread. I've re-started an Eldar 40k Ulthwe army. Had about 3k points many years ago, and regret selling them off. I don't even have time or desire to play the game anymore, but the look of the space elves has always tickled me. I've got a finished Wave Serpent too, but cannot find the pictures.

rrr_img_136299.jpg
rrr_img_136300.jpg
rrr_img_136301.jpg

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Turns out, Cygnar won't be the top faction and they will leave in like 2 months. I like MKIII but the amount of hilarious fuck ups is amazing. PP has gone seriously down hill on their editing.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Full Steam release event is tomorrow (well technically today). I pre-ordered the Cygnar box and Circle box. Shop was shorted, they didnt get any Legion or Skorne and only one Circle box came in. Said fuck it and got the Merc deck and $20 store credit. Not too bad, got to see the useless trinkets that will be handed out. Best Painted, Best General and Best Sport. Going for Best General, hopefully I get paired with the "Forum Preachers" and knock their dicks in the dirt. Won't feel bad if I don't get Best Sport in that case.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
A place to talk about little plastic soldiers.

Been playing Cygnar and liking it so far, havent done a tournament yet but I think I've got a decent list built with Maddox. Still need to come up with a second list.

Zastlyn

Peasant
Are any of the circle Wolds good at all? Honestly feeling pretty shit about them. It seems like besides Megalith and the Woldwrath. The rest are just shitty.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Put me down as one of the Cryx players who left for Cygnar. Cryxodous? CryExit? Anyways, Caine2 is fun.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like Matt Ward is back at GW for something... let the hate flow through you.

I can only hope it is to write the Grey Knights FAQ. I am almost done painting my 1500 pts.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Put me down as one of the Cryx players who left for Cygnar. Cryxodous? CryExit? Anyways, Caine2 is fun.

Cryxit. I was kind of tooling around with Ret a year or so ago, now that's where I'm focused after the gutting Cryx took.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Bought the new Jakes, she seems pretty kickass. Also, I'm a sucker for shiny things, she comes with a pin!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played my first mkiii event yesterday. Took second. Game is still as fun as it has been for the last 13 years. It was my first foray in to the new SR packet. Linebreaker is dumb. The pit is dumb. The rest were fine. I like the new close quarters.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Leaving for Houston tomorrow for a Kings of War event with my TX pals. I would post shots of my army, but I am too lazy to get image hosting at the moment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Curious did you go to kings of war after leaving Warhammer fantasy when it died and if so are you thinking of going to AOS now that they brought back points. Also would love to see the army

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I was a hardcore WFB player (US Masters qualified, came 3rd in region), played some KOW and although it does have less craziness than WFB I found it quite bland. AOS is an abomination and by the time points came out it was too little too late. Everyone in my group plays WM/H, Malifaux, or other games. AOS is dead in our area. I have been mainly playing bloodbowl but otherwise my miniature gaming/painting has been dusted almost a year.