300: Rise of an empire

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The actual naval battles of the Persian invasion did involve the Greeks using maneuverable boats and guerrilla tactics. Persians were the zerg rushers of their day, as this had pretty much worked everywhere else for them. The little known or celebrated fact is that the series of naval engagements that went on during the Battle of Thermopile were way more devastating to the Persian invasion than just about anything else they experienced in that war. This movie just hollywooded it up.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, but it lacked the newness and impact of the original movie, which hurt it a lot. I am not sure if there will be a third, but if there is one and it covers the larger land engagements, I am in for that one. Its not a great movie, but it was worth the money for a night out with the wife, which puts it above Pacific Rim Job for us.
300 already threw in Plataea at the end, so the only other culturally significant land battle with the Persians would require time travelling back to Marathon.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
In the age of the internet are we still watching and liking movies just because of tits? Find the scene with the tits online and skip the rest of terrible movies imo.

Szlia

Not a very good movie, but still a very interesting movie for the way it fits with the first one (since some of the events are simultaneous) and for its double links to 'history' (as told by Herodotus) and contemporary problematics.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I felt like they ruined Cersei's character in this one.
My eyes were rolling when Cersei was running around killing people at the end.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I felt like they ruined Cersei's character in this one.
My eyes were rolling when Cersei was running around killing people at the end.
Yeah she was literally the worst parts of 300, no idea why the hell they made her even more prominent in this. Also the fuck is up with her jacked up teeth?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched about 30 minutes of this over the weekend, and honestly am not that excited to finish it even though I'm going to see Eva's titties. I feel like the entire movie has been done already, special-effect-wise at least.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Just skip to Eva's titties (TOTALLY worth watching) and then zone out for the rest of the movie. Maybe learn to knit or something.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Watched it last night and some of the action is laughably bad. 50 foot jump from cliffs to ships with no impact on landing? NBD.

The first original 300 fight scenes were amazing because they were real actors being badasses and the special effects were mostly cosmetic. This sequel has replaced real actors with complete CGI for 90% of the battles and it really took away from the fights I think. Was more like an extremely bloody Beowulf.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
50 foot jump from cliffs to ships with no impact on landing?
rrr_img_63579.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not even in the same league. That's a 15 foot horizontal jump, likely impossible but still acceptable. It's not a 50+ foot vertical drop onto a rocking ship with zero impact.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
All I'm saying is out of all the shitty things I saw in the new 300, 'unbelievable jumps' is the last complaint I'd make.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I hear you. That horse on a boat thing was the most ridiculous thing I saw, I think.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The length we'll go to and the hardship we'll endure for a glimpse of celebrity boobies - astounding. Eva Green, hmm. Is it worth it?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
35 minutes into this, what a colossal fucking piece of shit