300: Rise of an empire

kudos

<Banned>
Expecting some kind of amazing camera work or something from this is fucking stupid. It's going to be a damn blood bath action movie with hot tits and ass. Anything more than that I'd say it's even a slight disappointment.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
did anyone see this tank of shit? Trying to judge whether to blow someone off (word choice) or give this train wreck a try.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They should have made the sequel a lot sooner. 300 was a cool and original movie. Since it came out though, there have been 20 movies plus the Spartacus series that ripped off its style and the whole thing is just fucked out for me. I loved 300 but I have zero interest in this movie or any others where naked dudes in sandals sword fight in slow motion to heavy metal music.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
" Eva Green has revealed that she was left black-and-blue after a violent sex scene for her new film, '300: Rise of an Empire'."

Worth my 15 dollars.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
just saw this and thought it was pretty bad. I'd say 2 out of 5 and 1-1/2 of those stars is just for one scene of the girls tits

I liked it... mindless fun, great battles, good sound, fun 3D.
Felt like a 90+mins kickass slasher-game opening cinematic. Eva is delicious and I guess the lady enjoyed the 6-pack-fest too.
7/10

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Felt like a b movie to me and a buddy who I went with. Eva Green has nice looking tits and it's sad when that's the highlight of a movie. Didn't have anywhere near the same feel of the first one.

That being said if you want to watch a bunch of people stab each other In slow motion then this might just be the movie for you. You have to get past the horrible acting and pretty ridiculous battle strategies though.

My advice is pretend this doesn't exist and just re watch 300 instead.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Felt like a b movie to me and a buddy who I went with. Eva Green has nice looking tits and it's sad when that's the highlight of a movie. Didn't have anywhere near the same feel of the first one.

That being said if you want to watch a bunch of people stab each other In slow motion then this might just be the movie for you. You have to get past the horrible acting and pretty ridiculous battle strategies though.

My advice is pretend this doesn't exist and just re watch 300 instead.
Like a B movie? Really?

It was enjoyable. Didn't have the same level of impact the first one did, but I never expected it to. It was more of the same to a lesser extent. Problem is, 300 was 8 years ago, and it was better executed. I suspect many people are going to be disappointed and slam this movie hard when making comparisons, but lets be honest, the first was a nearly perfect movie. I was hesitant to see this initially, but I avoided all reviews and went in with low expectations and came out surprised and satisfied overall. I think people have trouble distinguishing between something that didn't meet their expectations and a truly bad film. I'd give it a 7.5/10. It's at a 7.3/10 on IMDb which is equals good in my book. Can't wait for the 3rd.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
7.3 imdb is surprising. rotten tomato reviews are not that bad either. 43% for this shit? I will take that.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
4-5/10 would be fair I think. It was pretty similar to the first one without the awesome Spartan badass warriors - it kept ramming home that the troops "not bad for a bunch of tradesmen and poets" etc. Maybe a bit homo but it felt like they couldn't afford as jacked up roided guys for this one and the acting from the young English guy (who I liked in the UK show Skins he was in) was just terrible.

Would see again for Eva Green's tits though.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
what an awful movie.
first battle scene was like for every 3 seconds of normal speed,there were 5 seconds of slo mo.ffs i know it looks cool and all but enough is enough.
- so...persian boats suck in the middle but greek boats don't get damaged for ramming the persian ones.
- huge explosion and Testicles,was like 1-2 feet away, and didn't die.wtf?!
- Artemisia's elite guards are bad ass motherfuckers but Testicles kill all of them without any effort
- and of course the part at the end with the horse LOL
just hope those were eva green's boobs and not some CGI bullshit
2/10 (1 for each boob)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you just pretend that the main characters are gods it works better. These gods have the power to make mortals and horses do things no other mortal could ever do. The gods can wield both sword and bow with strength and accuracy unmatched by any mortal. Since they are gods, only gods can kill them.

If you go into the movie with that mindset, then the movie is a lot of fun to watch.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
If you just pretend that the main characters are gods it works better. These gods have the power to make mortals and horses do things no other mortal could ever do. The gods can wield both sword and bow with strength and accuracy unmatched by any mortal. Since they are gods, only gods can kill them.

If you go into the movie with that mindset, then the movie is a lot of fun to watch.
if you are a brain dead retard in a coma, you might find this movie mildly amusing.

Cybsled

so...persian boats suck in the middle but greek boats don't get damaged for ramming the persian ones.
I haven't seen the movie, but naval combat around that period of time was pretty much bumper boats. Typically the front of the ship was basically an armored piercing attack/battering ram. To disable a ship, you could either try to snap their oars (since oar power was the primary means of locomotion....sail tech was shitty back then) or you could try to ram the boat's midsection and do enough damage to sink it.

That's why stuff like "Greek Fire" was the cruise missile of its day in terms of naval combat. You didn't have to get too close and risk damaging your own ship if you could just roast them from a distance.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The actual naval battles of the Persian invasion did involve the Greeks using maneuverable boats and guerrilla tactics. Persians were the zerg rushers of their day, as this had pretty much worked everywhere else for them. The little known or celebrated fact is that the series of naval engagements that went on during the Battle of Thermopile were way more devastating to the Persian invasion than just about anything else they experienced in that war. This movie just hollywooded it up.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, but it lacked the newness and impact of the original movie, which hurt it a lot. I am not sure if there will be a third, but if there is one and it covers the larger land engagements, I am in for that one. Its not a great movie, but it was worth the money for a night out with the wife, which puts it above Pacific Rim Job for us.