38 studios Auction Nov 14th and 15th.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Called it
biggrin.png

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
But we pumped 10s of millions of dollars into it!
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the attitude that kept a deal from being made. Since Rhode Island apparently knows so little about game development, they are probably looking at this as selling off something that had millions of dollars and years of work put into it that just needs a little more work before the buyer can start raking in the money. Meanwhile, the buyers just want it for certain assets like the name. I really wish we could see what kind of deals they rejected, because I'm curious as to whether or not they'll eventually have to settle for less.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm kind of shocked that even Rise Nations IP wasn't worth all that much. Really curious who picked it up. I'm not surprised at all that Copernicus wasn't worth jack shit.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Billions? Did he really say that?
Yup. Also good luck R.I entering negotiations for selling something that didn't get any serious bids in an auction. They should turn it into a space game and start a kickstarter selling ships.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not sure that he said exactly Billions, but had his dream been realized it would have been, and I keep thinking he did allude to that. But hell, that was on a massive thread on the old FOH boards so I personally don't know how to even dig any of that up. I know his ultimate goal was for this to be an entire franchise, kind of like a Star Wars with movies, toys, games, books, comics, the whole nine yards. And the chance that the politician could have been dumb enough to buy into that pitch hook, line, and sinker is there, I highly suspect this was a prime example of the good ole boy system at work here.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
He said it's abillion dollarfranchise. Anyone in charge of getting this thing sold is assuming it's worth way more than it is. There's value to the assets that are there and offers were made, they should have just taken whatever they could get. This isn't a set of old baseball cards, this shit is going to lose value with every passing day.

iannis

Musty Nester
Curt should look into getting a job at Sony.

They'd probably be willing to make him Smedly's boss if he was willing to take a pay raise.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
billion dollar franchise. yeah, except that star wars is awesome and amular is a vague, uninteresting piece of donkey shit. thinking shilling is probably the guy who talked miami into building a brand new 634 million dollar ballpark for all their loyal fans...

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Billions? Did he really say that?
I thought I misread it myself when he said it.

Shows just how bat shit, out of touch, insane he is.

He said it's abillion dollarfranchise. Anyone in charge of getting this thing sold is assuming it's worth way more than it is. There's value to the assets that are there and offers were made, they should have just taken whatever they could get. This isn't a set of old baseball cards, this shit is going tolose value with every passing day.
This is dead on , and an important point that someone in power apparently is too stupid to realize.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I know his ultimate goal was for this to be an entire franchise, kind of like a Star Wars with movies, toys, games, books, comics, the whole nine yards.
Eh. It took how long for Blizzard to finally have a movie really scheduled?

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
They might have been able to sell the damn thing, if they would have put it up for auction after 38 studios imploded. I am assume RI thinks they are sitting on millions in assets and IP.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still want to know what "no acceptable offers" means in the ignorant governments eyes.