38 studios Auction Nov 14th and 15th.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They should have released an identical PC port of KoA for next gen systems - Then it wouldnt have looked like shit like it did on 360. Regardless of the companies fail the game itself was solid and fun.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Own it on PS3 and PC - if the gfx are different in the first section (never played past intro on PC) besides resolution, I'd missed it, but never side by sided them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Own it on PS3 and PC - if the gfx are different in the first section (never played past intro on PC) besides resolution, I'd missed it, but never side by sided them.
Night and day. I had it on PC w/ everything cranked to the max and you'd need to be near blind to not notice the difference in quality. Really fuckin sucks that it is likely not to get a sequel.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I also heard Sega is going to stop producing the Dreamcast.
NASA, we have a problem....

In other news Rhode Island political leaders are funding research into the death of David Carradine. Was he really a sexual deviant or did he discover secrets about our Gerbil overlords and was murdered for that knowledge? Funding is in excess of 200 million but the answers will change human society forever...

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sorry everyone, my fault for not reading the old superthread about a game and studio I have zero fucking interest in. How dare I not know all the details of this shit. Who can I turn myself in to for hanging?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Sorry everyone, my fault for not reading the gaming threads on a gaming forum.
Fixed.

Wizardhawk_sl said:
How dare I not know all the details of this shit. Who can I turn myself in to for hanging?
I think you've hung yourself enough for one day <3. No need to go all masochist on us.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Sorry everyone, my fault for not reading the old superthread about a game and studio I have zero fucking interest in. How dare I not know all the details of this shit. Who can I turn myself in to for hanging?
no offense, but this story made global news. no knowing about it (especially as a gamer) is about as ignorant as not knowing about bernie madoff...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
no offense, but this story made global news. no knowing about it (especially as a gamer) is about as ignorant as not knowing about bernie madoff...
He was too busy getting perked up in some back alley to be bothered with "global news."

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Not knowing this simple fact with a history on this forum is like asking if the sun is hot or cold.

You must be a Canadian.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Someone commit him right now. Seriously , do you get traumatic brain damage from baseball ?

But the best part are the comments agreeing with him , billion dollar franchise indeed.
What gets me is that I think I remember him saying that the game was nothing like WOW and not a WOW clone, but then when we saw screenshots for the first time it looked fucking exactly like WOW. I'm sure that there were differences but if Curt is saying now that it's a billion dollar franchise, I wonder if that's why (the thought being that it would need to be a "WOW clone" to be able to pull a billion). I dunno, I guess that's debatable but /shrug. Maybe he's just hoping someone will see what he says and buy it, LOL. (the cynic in me wants to go with the latter instead of the former)

I do think that it had to be particularly galling for Curt to feel like the game was within reach (subjectively) but that they just couldn't get the funding down the stretch. Regardless of hindsight being 20/20 and what I suspect to have been mismanagement on multiple levels, it's always struck me like a Nascar race where you run out of gas 5 laps short. Yeah, you COULD have crossed that finish line but he couldn't find anyone willing to risk throwing their back out to help push it across the finish line. The only thing we'd probably argue about is how close to the finish line they actually were in reality and I have a hunch that they may not have been as close as some have claimed.

I also sure that Curt isn't remotely objective, of course.
tongue.png