3d Printing and the Future of Piracy

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been making these things. We have several
Nurses and a doctor in my neighborhood, so they’re taking them into work. Not making any masks because I don’t think the hospitals will allow something like that, but they’re fine with these. Printed out 10-12 so far, easy print.

E8FD6223-E39B-4FD9-BDEE-C9CEAE1C3C6F.jpeg
4327BA2F-A914-4B15-BC4C-97D236FDDA3F.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Link to file?

There is a covid specific section on Thingiverse at the top of the screen that leads to a bunch of related items.

That specific one is this, but there are a lot of variations on there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So far I’ve given them to nurses and doctors. Showed them to a firefighter and he wants a bunch. They are having issues keeping masks on patients faces and he said these would be perfect for that.

Just to give you guys some ideas about who to offer them to.

AngryGerbil AngryGerbil you guys having this issue?

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Lots of people on reddit and locally are printing the plastic parts for the face visors. Some dude is even doing to clear visor part but I don't know what he uses to do that. I tried to do the mask extenders but I fucking suck, still learning how to do everything, when I try to put a bunch of stuff to print at once I get all kinds of issues.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
So I am about to buy a 3D printer and am still not decided. I know I will end up wanting to upgrade at some point so would the CR-10 V2 be a better starting point over the Ender 3?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So I am about to buy a 3D printer and am still not decided. I know I will end up wanting to upgrade at some point so would the CR-10 V2 be a better starting point over the Ender 3?
I'm not experienced enough to provide afull answer. But creality announced the ender 3 v2 yesteday. Of course, a month after I buy an Ender 3.

being new, I'm really liking modding the machine, fine tuning, getting those most mileage out of it. idk man, the CR-10 v2 is already all upgraded and shit, that's half my interest is upgrading each part myself and tracking efficacy.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like Creality is releasing an Ender 6 with a larger build plate and faster print speeds, that's gonna be nice if it's as affordable as their others. I ordered a Elegoo Mars Pro from MyMiniFactory still waiting to hear when it'll be shipping. I recently got into resin casting so being able to print models to make silicone molds out of will be awesome. Mainly for polyhedral dice because while the pre-made molds on the market are nice I want font options and right now that's kinda limited (or cost prohibitive, commissioned masters are $120+)

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Took the plunge and bough the CR-10 v2. It's printing the test cat now and looks really good so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looking at getting a Dremel 3D45, found a guy in the area selling one pretty cheap. Hopefully he responds.

Looks like there is a lot of stuff I can do here to help compliment some of the items I can make at work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

god damn dude that's a really nice machine, but very expensive.

It's priced like 1/4 of the price and brand new. It could be a scam or someone that doesn't know what they have. He hasn't replied yet but hopefully he does. I'll snag it today.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
50F2490D-B18A-4ADA-9EC1-478702802274.jpeg

I got bored waiting on the elegoo to ship and also ordered a LD-002R from Creality. Sacrificed some souls to make math rocks. Going to sand and polish them and make some silicone mold sets.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Anyone ever messed with a corexy printer? Looking at possibly building one like the Voron. Debating between fixed gantry or fixed bed. Thinking fixed gantry.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Got a Ender-5 Pro back at the beginning of July. Took me almost a week to get it dialed in for PLA printing. Now a month in I haven't printed a thing on my Dreamer Flashforge clone in weeks. The Ender, so far, is just a workhorse. And a workhorse with a much bigger print volume to work with.

Now I just can't figure out how to get the filament sensor wired in and working, looks like I have to tinker with the firmware.

Hekotat

Got a Ender-5 Pro back at the beginning of July. Took me almost a week to get it dialed in for PLA printing. Now a month in I haven't printed a thing on my Dreamer Flashforge clone in weeks. The Ender, so far, is just a workhorse. And a workhorse with a much bigger print volume to work with.

Now I just can't figure out how to get the filament sensor wired in and working, looks like I have to tinker with the firmware.

I got a Ender 5 Pro as well, i was trying to read up on improving the firmware but the instructions have no "items required" list and that kind of shit annoys the shit out of me. Tell me what I need to have before starting you ignorant fucks!

With that being said I'm about to 3D print my first PC case. I've almost got Nylon dialed in then I'll be getting Carbon Fiber going for the case.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you plan on printing CF or any abrasive filaments make sure the nozzle you're using is hardened steel. Most printers come with brass and those filaments will wear away at the nozzle.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For you guys making masks, I had an idea for putting witty slogans on them and selling them, like "99.7% survival rate" or just "99.7%" and let people ask you what it means.

You could also sell masks with logos for any company that pays you, just send an email to a hundred big corps and I bet a few would reply ready to write a check, even if nobody buys them just having them show up in Amazon search results would be all the advertising they'd need.

Hekotat

If you plan on printing CF or any abrasive filaments make sure the nozzle you're using is hardened steel. Most printers come with brass and those filaments will wear away at the nozzle.

Yeah, I got an upgraded nozzle and all metal hot end.