47 Ronin

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this movie. I would give it a 6 out of ten, enjoyable but by no means a must see. The movie was very clearly samurai fantasy as long as you go in with that expectation you should enjoy it. Lord of the Rings it is not. Some parts were really great, some parts were camp but over all enjoyable. That being said a serious 47 Ronin movie would have been awesome.

dangler_sl

shitlord
Saw it tonight. It was horrible. Like 3 entertaining scenes and the rest is tripe.

Even after the conflict was over it went on for like 15 minutes, just being more lame.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
Some parts were really great, some parts were camp but over all enjoyable.
This.

I went in expecting a disaster from what I had been reading over the past few weeks. It is an inconsistent movie, but there is some good to be found.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
saw it today.
the story is....predictable.the only thing i liked was the end
i was really expecting the "oh you were so brave,so i will spare you".
but fuck yes,you broke the rules,i will sentence you to death
the actress playing the witch...probably was sucking the director's dick....worst.actress.ever.
and.....medieval japan -> no one speaks japanese,everyone speaks english lol

3/10

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
the saying that fact is stranger than fiction applies here. this movie if based on the actual true story and not some fantasy bastardization would have probably been braveheart epic.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this a couple of weeks ago. As with others, I was puzzled by two things: Firstly, why was Keanu in this, and secondly, why did they speak English. Apart from that the film was enjoyable, and visually very pretty. And the ending was quite a surprise.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Saw this a couple of weeks ago. As with others, I was puzzled by two things: Firstly, why was Keanu in this, and secondly, why did they speak English. Apart from that the film was enjoyable, and visually very pretty. And the ending was quite a surprise.
The spoke english because the movie was made for more than just Japan?

Goatface

apparently they filmed the whole movie in Japanese, so guess a some point will be able to get that cut

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
The English only thing got to me a bit as well. I mean, I understand it's being targeted for English speaking audiences - many of whom hate having to read subtitles - but it's just ridiculous sometimes and breaks all immersion. I am almost more likely to believe that the events depicted in this movie actually occurred before I believe that everyone spoke perfect English to each other in feudal Japan. It was decent otherwise.

Column_sl

shitlord
This movie could have been so good, they had so many cool elements, but they wasted them all.

Keanu isn't the reason this movie is mediocre, it's the script. He's acutely fine in the movie.

For instance they get these amazing swords that are different for each user allot like the stuff in Bleach, but they never even bother to show them used at all.

Also they had a really cool bad guy, but he dies to an explosion?? wtf
The whole movie is just a journey to arm themselves, then they just walk in, and there isn't much resistance.....

The Movie reminds me of that skit in Clerks 2 where Dante makes fun of the lord of the rings.

Sterling

El Presidente
This movie could have been so good, they had so many cool elements, but they wasted them all.

Keanu isn't the reason this movie is mediocre, it's the script. He's acutely fine in the movie.

For instance they get these amazing swords that are different for each user allot like the stuff in Bleach, but they never even bother to show them used at all.

Also they had a really cool bad guy, but he dies to an explosion?? wtf
The whole movie is just a journey to arm themselves, then they just walk in, and there isn't much resistance.....

The Movie reminds me of that skit in Clerks 2 where Dante makes fun of the lord of the rings.
Randle makes fun of LotR not Dante.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
"It was only this past summer that Steven Spielberg arrived at the opening of a new USC School of Cinematic Arts building as a herald of doom, lamenting the Hollywood machine's over-reliance on massive blockbusters into which they poured all of their resources, tentpoles without a tent. He soberly cautioned the crowd in his keynote speech that "There's eventually going to be an implosion - or a big meltdown. There's going to be an implosion where three or four or maybe even a half-dozen mega-budget movies are going to go crashing into the ground, and that's going to change the paradigm."

After watching "47 Ronin", Spielberg's words sound less like a warning than they do a hopeful glimpse of a brighter future.

Burn Hollywood burn."

Jesus, one can only hope

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This past summer was a study in tent poles with no tent. We had one blockbuster a week and sometimes 2.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched it last night, thought it was a beautiful looking movie and enjoyable. Kind of reminded me of Krull set in 1800's Japan. Fun if you go into it not looking for a serious Samurai movie. If you want a good serious Samurai movie and haven't seen them yet, I highly recommend Twilight Samurai and 13 Assassins.