80s Sword and Sandel / Sorcery / Scandal - 80s fantasy guilty pleasure goodness

Siliconemelons

huh, this doesn't look or sound familiar at all to me. verhoeven, hauer, jenifer jason leigh. how could I have not seen this before? or even heard of it.

it’s good, it’s harsh though - it’s dark and gritty from the start to the end. Hauer does outstanding

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
huh, this doesn't look or sound familiar at all to me. verhoeven, hauer, jenifer jason leigh. how could I have not seen this before? or even heard of it.
oh shit
Basil Poledouris
does the music also

• 2Like
  • 1Spotlight
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Clash Of The Titans
iu

• 8Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Oh god such great cheesy movies...I watched most of them.

Excalibur should not be here, too good.

S&S movies that also 80s but not trash tier.
Dragonslayer

CONAN!
Conan the destroyer...

Trash tier

Amazons
The Barbarians
The warrior and the sorceress

I loved the sword from Sword and the sorcerer

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Oh god such great cheesy movies...I watched most of them.

Excalibur should not be here, too good.

S&S movies that also 80s but not trash tier.
Dragonslayer

CONAN!
Conan the destroyer...

Trash tier

Amazons
The Barbarians
The warrior and the sorceress

I loved the sword from Sword and the sorcerer
Excalibur is such a masculine film that its probably the only movie where Patrick Stewart doesnt look like an old queen.
iu

bitch knows she gonna get her burger tore up that evening.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Siliconemelons

Excalibur is legit as is the first Conan.

Ladyhawk is also not only great but one I would not consider b-tier fantasy…. But worth a mention for anyone that has not seen it. Its pairing of Broderick w Hauer is odd but works

Sterling

El Presidente
Excalibur is just an actual good ass movie. Most of the contents of this thread are genre trash that we are the particular audience for. These things are not the same.

• 4Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I can't wait until they remake Excalibur (again) but the Lady of the Lake is Lizzo, Merlin is Chris Tucker and Arthur is Kevin James.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I think including the good ones with the bad is fine. as well as the general stretching from pure fantasy to Arthurian legend, etc. just maybe talk about it a bit, explain which kind of movie it is.

sword of the Valiant was the 1984 version of Gawain and the Green knight. this on clearly was trying to recreate the Exalibur magic.

Sinbad movies, etc. largely predate the sword and sorc/sandels. but 100% would fit right in. Golden voyage of sinbad. this is the full movie on youtube.

I don't know if we ever had a talk of about move reviewers, etc. like RLM

tenold is a guy that review cult movies. good and bad.Tenold is more in like with Linkara/channel awesome guys,etc, with jokes, and not 100% serious review. but no skits or nonsense, its still more straight talk about the movie.
like recently did just do "the theif of bagdad", "the 7th voyage of sinbad", and "jack the giant killer". but the dude has been doing this for nearly a decade now. hundreds of vids on movies you might not even know about.

Cecil from Goodbadflicks. also a great reviewer of cult classics. this guy is a pro. usually deep dives on everything he talks about. cast/crew interviews, production discussion, etc.
Highly recommend everyone watch him. fantastic reviewer. again, been doing it for over 13 years now.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have fond memories of this one... wait, it might be the wrong genre.

2c5ae2fc1dd5be875ce469533b5801a4.jpg

• 4Worf

Caliane

This thread was of course prompted by the discussion in Damsel.

the barbarians was brought up, heres the actual trailer.

While I had talked about Sorceress.

I just watched Sorceress the other day on amazon prime. I was considering making a post in the "rate what you've seen recently" thread.

1982 exploitation. jack hill direction. A cormin movie.
Lots of tits. A LOT of tits.
Absolutely good bad. Terrible acting. Terrible fight chorography. lots of tits.
An absurd plot. Twin girls raised isolated from people as boys, who don't know what boys are. "what is this thing called sex?"

Sorceress is on amazon prime. via freebee.
so is deathstalker 2, deathstalker, warrior queen, barbarian queen, conquest, the sword and the sorcerer, sheena. probably others, but these popped up.
Conan the barbarian 1982 is on prime, leaves in 14 days it seems.

(astonishing tales of terror Rocktapussy is a silly modern low budget lovecraft type deal. anyone watching these might enjoy that. also on prime/freevee)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users