90s songs that were OK the first time, but gave you cancer after they were played nonstop for months

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
There are some good songs in this thread, and also some total shit of course. I have to remind myself not to switch stations or skip stuff sometimes because while I may not want to hear Enter Sandman for the 50000th time, my kids may have only heard it 3 times, and maybe this is the time they are paying attention and it sticks in their head. Maybe then they go look it up on their YouTube or spotify and find themselves listening to Fade to Black instead of whatever popular crap is trying to get pushed by the algos.

Funny enough my son was listening to Zombie all the time when he was around 10 too.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
it took me a long time to realize that i was a Cranberries fan.
this one is my favorite. i dont think it was overplayed.

They're a great band. I love the variety in their style. Some are real poppy, some borderline metal, and everything in between - often on the same album. Plus she has a great voice and she doesn't over-sing or stray outside her range.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They're a great band. I love the variety in their style. Some are real poppy, some borderline metal, and everything in between - often on the same album. Plus she has a great voice and she doesn't over-sing or stray outside her range.
today would have been Dolores's birthday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is another one from them that I like, but it really did get over played.

I don’t know about overplayed on that one, or at least it must’ve fallen off hard after the 90s. I’m in my 30s and I don’t think I’d ever heard it before.

Zombie and Linger I think were the only two songs I’ve heard a lot from them.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don’t know about overplayed on that one, or at least it must’ve fallen off hard after the 90s. I’m in my 30s and I don’t think I’d ever heard it before.

Zombie and Linger I think were the only two songs I’ve heard a lot from them.

It absolutely dropped off the cliff after the 90s. It was in commercials, shows, on the radio constantly, blah blah blah.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ya know chuck, I never got why people give you so much shit around here. You always seemed like an alright guy.

But then you reminded me of Jamiroquai's existence.

So fuck you

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Typography Everything GIF