A Quiet Place Part II (2020)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The movie seems to draw distinctions between sound made by people stepping on twigs or knocking over cans and the sounds of nature. Except when it doesn't. I figure the aliens are smart enough to know what prey sounds are versus wind/rain/rivers/oceans?

It's a heavily upscaled B horror movie and that's fine. I'm fine not holding it to too high of a standard even if declaring the aliens indestructible bugged me a whole lot.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Should been titled A Quieter Place instead, complete missed opportunity

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The one thing I didn't really understand though is why they didn't just permanently live near the river.

When thinking about the film in the days after, my idea of "What I'd have done if I was that guy in the film"

I was thinking about the idea of living down by the river, or near the waterfall, which is an immediate good plan. Perhaps some element of risk in taking stuff down there to construct some shelter, just to live comfortably for whats going to be a long time. Still would probably do it.

But then I thought, he had a bunch of good quality electronics gear ( where from ?? ) . Anyway, beyond that, the house had solar panels, so good electrical supply. Instead of trying to relocate down to the river. Get a bunch of audio recordings of the river and the falls. Go down there with a laptop and a USB powered microphone ( I've got one, I figure that guy would have ) record the sounds down there. Then set up speakers in the area around your house, having the audio spread out over the area will seem more natural and also having a few similar systems set up so that when one goes down there's still others playing while you fix the problem. You might want to start with the volume almost off, and slowly increase over a few hours to not attract attention by having this audio just start outta nowhere.

But there you go, problem solved, live in the house with your family, crying baby whatever.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
When thinking about the film in the days after, my idea of "What I'd have done if I was that guy in the film"

I was thinking about the idea of living down by the river, or near the waterfall, which is an immediate good plan. Perhaps some element of risk in taking stuff down there to construct some shelter, just to live comfortably for whats going to be a long time. Still would probably do it.

But then I thought, he had a bunch of good quality electronics gear ( where from ?? ) . Anyway, beyond that, the house had solar panels, so good electrical supply. Instead of trying to relocate down to the river. Get a bunch of audio recordings of the river and the falls. Go down there with a laptop and a USB powered microphone ( I've got one, I figure that guy would have ) record the sounds down there. Then set up speakers in the area around your house, having the audio spread out over the area will seem more natural and also having a few similar systems set up so that when one goes down there's still others playing while you fix the problem. You might want to start with the volume almost off, and slowly increase over a few hours to not attract attention by having this audio just start outta nowhere.

But there you go, problem solved, live in the house with your family, crying baby whatever.

But hey at least we know now that these indestructible monsters that leveled all of the worlds defensive forces can be taken down by loud noises and a shotgun. Should make for an amazing sequel. The only reason this is getting made is because the first one made 10x it's budget. I understand why you guys have a hard on for Emily Blunt but I would rather see her in more Edge of Tomorrow type movies instead of these pieces of shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
But hey at least we know now that these indestructible monsters that leveled all of the worlds defensive forces can be taken down by loud noises and a shotgun. Should make for an amazing sequel. The only reason this is getting made is because the first one made 10x it's budget. I understand why you guys have a hard on for Emily Blunt but I would rather see her in more Edge of Tomorrow type movies instead of these pieces of shit.

Like I said it would have been a better film if it was just "there was an EMP attack, these fucking monsters showed up, we ran, we don't know what happened anywhere." Keeping it mysterious is superior to declaring them invincible and having them beat all military off screen to then end the film with one getting shotgunned in the brain. If they've got bits inside armored plates that are vulnerable to shotgunning than they're still well within the realm of physics. Subjecting one to a couple dozen Gs a la cruise missile is going to get the job done.

EMP + monsters is plenty to fuck everything up beyond repair.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Finally a release date on this thing. Last I heard it got delayed until fall. Glad to see its only a few weeks away instead.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
releases this week, reviews are super positive so far and its currently at 93% (!!!) with 72 critics on RT

Its theaters ONLY starting May 27/28, and will release on Paramount+ (what the fuck is that) on July 14th, exactly 45 days later at home. Theaters only in foreign as well, so don't expect any good torrent rips

i'm half torn, I wouldn't mind seeing this in theaters as my first trip out to theaters but i watched the first one in theaters and it was really kinda freaky how every small sound someone made was disturbing, since there was no sound for much of the movie

this will be the first real test I think, super positive reviews, theaters ONLY for over a month. Will this do great box office or not?

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I live a within walking distance of a very nice AMC, so I'm planning to go see Wrath of Man & this sometime this week. I was extremely satisfied by how good the first movie was.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched it tonight, if you enjoyed the first one you will like this. The first 20 minutes or so are a flashback to Day 1 of the creatures, which was nice to get some setup and backstory.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Saw this in a Dolby Cinema theater. The "Day 1" scene was pretty good. Overall definitely a good movie (just suspend some belief). I enjoyed it.

Plus, I'm a really big fan/miss when movies were an 1 1/2 hr thing. Nice these two movies weren't two hours a piece.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah saw this in theaters today as well, IMAX since my local AMC is playing Cruella on Dolby (bleh). Day 1 was great, really really wish there was more of that. The rest of the movie is meh, it wasn't bad but fairly predictable and I didn't get at all what the fuck was going on with Boat Hillbillies. I don't feel like the movie was worth the extra time and hassle of going out to theaters, I wish I coulda watched at home instead. For going out to theaters for the first time in over a year it was ok.

I tried watching AQP1 last night before this and just ended up bored and fast forwarding, these two movies are not movies that really have any re-watchability. They are ok for 1 time watches if you rarely watch horror movies (me), but really the gimmick is the big thing and the second one doesn't really do anything new or interesting with the gimmick.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boat hillbillies looked like extras from a Walking Dead episode.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
high quality torrents are out already, its supposed to be out on Paramount+ in like a week or two but apparently leaked or something

worth a watch if you liked the first movie (not as good), if you hated the first movie you won't like this one either. It starts immediately after the first movie, no time jump.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoyed this. The first half was pretty thrilling and kept me on the edge of my seat. It did lose some steam towards the end though. And the way it ended made it seem like a Stranger Things sequel. The daughter even looks like the toothless kid from that show!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Really meh. Had some good ideas, but there was one REALLY big stupid thing, and the aliens were generic with overdone generic screeching. Started out well, but died halfway through.