A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I made almost this exact GD post back on FoH in regards to AFFC. We have such insanely high expectations coming in to these books that it's almost impossible for them to really live up to them.

I was, like almost everyone, disappointed in AFFC when it came out. A year or two later I did a re-read of the series and was absolutely stunned to discover that I actually enjoyed the fuck out of AFFC. Like, alot.There's really something to be said for coming in with no preconceptions and just enjoying a great God damned writer telling you a great God damned story.

It really has me looking forward to re-reading the series before book 6 hits, because I know for sure I will enjoy ADwD a hell of a lot more on re-reading.
I must be an exception, I actually enjoyed AFFC a lot on my first read. A bit slow, and no one really wants Cersei to take up 25% of a book, but I still loved it. My only gripe was it was too limited on what characters you saw.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
What are your guys' thoughts on Stannis' situation? The last Jon chapter has Ramsay claiming that he was beaten and murdered, but I'm thinking Ramsay really only has Mance and used the knowledge of the plan to kidnap "Arya" to plant a seed of doubt in Jon's mind as to whether or not he was lying about Stannis.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Big Stan ain't going out like no punk bitch. That letter probably isn't even from Ramsay.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You really think that punk-ass bitch Ramsay could take Stannis out? In all seriousness, I figured he had captured Mance and took that information to fuck with Jon. Who cares about Stannis now that Azor Ahai is about to be reborn. My Wakandan's gonna fuck this shit up.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
At this point I'm holding out that this motherfucker has the shit completed, and is fucking with us.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Act fast, time is running out on getting your very own George R R Martin costume for Halloween this year!

http://carboncostume.com/george-r-r-martin/

rrr_img_43735.jpg

rrr_img_43734.jpg

MaulNutz_sl

shitlord
Martin is releasing a book this winter called The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister.
The fucking character he ruined last book? I cant wait for some witty quips about how good of a shot he is with a crossbow every other goddamn paragraph. Go fuck yourself Martin. At this point I hope he dies before the next book comes out and HBO finishes the series.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well we haven't gotten any posts about another "Mereeneese Knot" so maybe that means everything is proceeding fairly smoothly?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well we haven't gotten any posts about another "Mereeneese Knot" so maybe that means everything is proceeding fairly smoothly?
Are you new to this thread? You are only allowed to cry about him watching the Jets, being fat and dying, writing about food, and mentioning a turtle in 4 entire different sentences of a thousand page book.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I think it's just another way people say a lot of the Tyrion chapters sucked.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fatty turns 65 today. 1 year away from that quadruple-bacon-cheeseburger-induced heart attack!