A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If he can't get it done during a world pandemic, he isn't ever getting it done.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah and they are all basically crap. That car collision probably scrambled his brain worse than the drugs and booze he did, since he never put out anything good again. All he has now is his TDS.
Outsider was good. And the one about the guy who time travels to stop JFK from getting assassinated.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
GRRM on show Littlefinger handing Sansa over to Ramsay. That never made any goddamn sense to me either. Both because of LF's attachment to her, and how someone supposedly so cunning could possibly think that would benefit him.

mtp07jzz9ir51.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
GRRM on show Littlefinger handing Sansa over to Ramsay. That never made any goddamn sense to me either. Both because of LF's attachment to her, and how someone supposedly so cunning could possibly think that would benefit him.

View attachment 308354
He's a bad guy though. That's how all bad guys behave, everyone of their actions is bad. Like Trump.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought the reason for Sansa going to Ramsey was so the actress would have more to do. We're paying for her so get her some screen time, damn it.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

View attachment 308354

"That's going to be very different in the books."

Fuck off you fat cunt. Everyone knows there are no more books.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought the reason for Sansa going to Ramsey was so the actress would have more to do. We're paying for her so get her some screen time, damn it.
It's because the new characters from Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons were merged with existing characters.

Ramsay was probably merged with Harold Harding who is the heir to The Vale if Robin Arryn dies, with Sansa being married off to him instead.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's because the new characters from Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons were merged with existing characters.

Ramsay was probably merged with Harold Harding who is the heir to The Vale if Robin Arryn dies, with Sansa being married off to him instead.

I am unwilling to believe anything reasonable like that given what we eventually got.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
So is this series done yet either through his death or finishing writing? I really curious what the sales will be like if it ever comes out. I was a big fan back when I read them but now I've got zero interest.

• 2Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yes its done. He might finish winds of winter but absolutely cant see him finish a dream of spring.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yes its done. He might finish winds of winter but absolutely cant see him finish a dream of spring.
I feel like this is the most likely outcome. Winds of Winter releases at some point and that'll be the last one he ever does.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I feel like this is the most likely outcome. Winds of Winter releases at some point and that'll be the last one he ever does.
The usual joke is that the last two volumes will have Brandon Sanderson on the cover name along with GRRM (cough, Wheel of Time, cough).

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
The usual joke is that the last two volumes will have Brandon Sanderson on the cover name along with GRRM (cough, Wheel of Time, cough).

The final volumes already have the names Benioff and Weiss.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
GRRM obviously has some severe writer's block. probably had it since before HBO ever even made the series. its no surprise that winds of winter has no release date expected any time soon. 12 or more years and nothing to show for it. the writing should have been on the wall when GRRM signed up to write for the new GoT series on HBO. its time to move on.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
He also has the problem (read: $) of taking on way too much side shit in the 8 years after the last book, causing him to most likely waste all of that time.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
dont underestimate the gutpunch. knocked the wind right out of em

he had all this good stuff written before he got punched in the stomach.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He can't finish the story in two books while meeting his own standards and he doesn't want to write more than two books so he's constantly writing and rewriting trying to make it fit and he can't so it doesn't really go anywhere.

Book five's release date was July of 2011 which means it was done like six months to a year earlier. If he had just pounded out one book every couple of years until it was done we'd have a finish. A Dance With Dragons was troubling in that he was still adding characters and expanding the scope of the story when what he needed to do was focus on what he had already laid out. If you take where that book left off and then look at all the shit the show did from that spot and then try and math out how many pages it would take Martin to advance the plot that far properly it's more like four books than two.

He's boned. He knows it. One day it will be someone else's problem.

• 2Like