A Song of Ice and Fire (Released Spoilers)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just caught up 70 years later. Couple questions.

1) When Jon got stabbed I was immediately sad, but again it was foreshadowed with the way Ghost was acting and Melisandre basically writing that shit on the wall. What gets me is what happened when he was stabbed.. it said that smoke came out of the wound (not steam, specifically not steam). On top of this Melisandre keeps saying she sees snow whenever she looks in the flame. Is Jon actually Azor Ahai reborn? Is that why we are seeing smoke and the snow she sees is actually Jon Snow? Just poking around on the internet, it seems others have a similar suspicion, but about 50/50 split on whether or not he's really dead. I did enjoy his character, but not as a leader - it was boring and he made very foolish and immature decisions.

2) Was the bard at Bolton's court actually Mance Rayder? I think I missed this when I was reading it, but now it makes more sense coming back to it. The washer women (spear wives), Able the Bard (Bael the Bard from Ygritte's story).

3) Why the fuck would GRRM shit out such an epic Bran plot and then for 700 more pages you don't hear a goddamn thing? That wasn't really a question, but more so rhetorical.

4) People are talking about Gregor Clegane being the new knight of the kingsguard? Are we to believe Qyburn is an evil necromancer? I had my suspicions with all of his experiments, but it would be awesome. It also makes me wonder if he is linked to the dark lord thats name can not be spoken (Voldemort)?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
1) Maybe
2) Yes
3) OMG I know, right?!
4) Yes, maybe

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
1) All I know is Jon's not dead or will be resurrected. Probably the latter.

2) Yes, that was Mance.

3) Because he's fat.

4) Pretty sure it's Gregor's body + someone else's head. Definitely Gregor's body.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I know we have what GRRM had said about not believing it until we see it, but do we know for sure he's not dead? It really would make me sleep better at night.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Won't know for sure until the Lord of the Onion Rings decides to finish book 6...but come on now!

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I hope he's actually dead simply because of how predictable it is that he isn't.
Seriously, I rolled my eyes when I first read that scene and was quite baffled after reading some posts by people who seemed genuinely confused of his fate on various book forums. The only thing that I found confusing was if you are going to stage a coup why in the bloodly hell would you do it AFTER you open the gates to the barbarian hordes, especially when they are apparently playing nice? If the next chapter on the Wall isn't an orgy of violence I will be very disappointed (no magical resurrection that quells discontent and unites everyone FFS), a wolf form where he ends up with Bran somehow would be more interesting to me.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Wun Wun!!
rrr_img_38283.jpg

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Princess and the Queen excerpt (intro?).

http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/07/d...martin-excerpt

Review.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/07/sto...and-the-greens

Since dragons will only accept and bond with riders of Targaryen blood, the story chronicles the search for bastard-born ?dragonseeds? to join the fray (with mixed results)?a subplot which clearly holds some potential relevance for Daenerys and her trio of dragons as events continue to unfold in the novels?
Who's your daddy Tyrion?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The Jon stuff seems obvious to me.

He only has a few books left, there's not a lot of time....so what do we know about blood? How about powerful kings blood? How about Targ+Stark blood, how powerful would that be, hmm?

Melisandra will realize Jon is the true Azor, and his blood will rez him. I'd bet money on it. We already had two characters set this up with FAR worse injuries than a few stab wounds.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Seriously, I rolled my eyes when I first read that scene and was quite baffled after reading some posts by people who seemed genuinely confused of his fate on various book forums.
Exactly my feelings also. I couldn't believe that people actually thought he was legit dead. It was one of the silliest fake cliffhangers ever and if I had been a reviewer would have cost a lot of the review score just by itself. Ending entire storyarcs with silly fake cliffhangers all over FFC and DWD was ridiculous. Hopefully book 6 gets it back on track.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
We have to have the Battle of the Bastards though
tongue.png

Giving BotB a whole new meaning.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Wasn't a cliff hanger supposed to keep us in suspense to find out if he's really dead, but of how he's going to be resurrected.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In a twist of fate, Jon Snow is dead so they take Ghost and mount Jon's head on Ghost's body and parade it around where Arya just so happens to pop up and see. All she can murmur is "..fuck" and then scampers off again. We find out Stannis really is Azor Ahai but he's frozen solid in front of Winterfell. Qyburn seizes the throne and has his phantom mortally rape and murder everyone in King's Landing. Tyrion says "fuck this shit" and just stays at a Brothel, literally fucking his way to death. Sansa is raped and killed, but it's only mentioned in passing because everyone hates that little bitch. Bran becomes tree man and does tree stuff. Rickon is off doing Rickon shit. Hodor is Hodoring. The end.